Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 533 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
rue
jellythe3rd
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve already discussed this. “Exile” is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. That song is a complete flop.

If exile is flopping then the Xtina – A Great Big World 2.0 collab is giga flop

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

Considering the strongest contenders after Rain On Me are BTS, Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber, I’m very confident that the top 10 song from one of the biggest albums of the year by two very respected artists aka Exile will be nominated.

I wouldn’t be so sure, yes folklore is one of the biggest albums of the year but that doesn’t ensure a nomination for Pop Duo/Group, it helps, but does not assure it. We’ve already seen how songs from big albums by respected artists have been left out of this category before, for example I remember how a couple of years ago most of us here were waiting for “I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk to be nominated but when the nominations were announced it was snub.

Also remember that taylor has been left out before in Pop for top 10 songs like “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and “I Knew You Were Trouble”

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is no Adele.  The only Pop category mama is likely to get in is Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is no Adele. The only Pop category mama is likely to get in is Best Pop Vocal Album.

And she’ll win that with ease 😍

I do kind of agree with you on bpva being her only nom. BPSP is definitely not off the table though.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

And she’ll win that with ease 😍 I do kind of agree with you on bpva being her only nom. BPSP is definitely not off the table though.

If she gets only one nom in BPVA, then she is not winning.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Also remember that taylor has been left out before in Pop for top 10 songs like “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and “I Knew You Were Trouble”

You’re absolutely right, but I feel like the problem with those was how it was in that strange is it country, is it pop land for the voters and ultimately neither voted for it in that category. It did have good support overall though cause WANEGBT was nominated for Record

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group:

The nominees will probably be a combination of some of the hits this year:

Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – “Rain on Me”
    Maroon 5 – “Memories”
    Justin Bieber & Quavo – “Intentions”
    Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – “Stuck With U”
    BTS – “Dynamite”

Certain people just based on name alone, however random the song / album track …

Taylor Swift & Bon Iver – “Exile”
    Beyoncé, Shatta Wale & Major Lazer – “ALREADY”
    Coldplay – “Orphans”
    Justin Timberlake & SZA – “The Other Side”
    Post Malone, Travis Scott, & Ozzy Osbourne – “Take What You Want”
    Labrinth & Zendaya – “All for Us”

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group: The nominees will probably be a combination of some of the hits this year: Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – “Rain on Me” Maroon 5 – “Memories” Justin Bieber & Quavo – “Intentions” Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – “Stuck With U” BTS – “Dynamite” Certain people just based on name alone, however random the song / album track … Taylor Swift & Bon Iver – “Exile” Beyoncé, Shatta Wale & Major Lazer – “ALREADY” Coldplay – “Orphans” Justin Timberlake & SZA – “The Other Side” Post Malone, Travis Scott, & Ozzy Osbourne – “Take What You Want” Labrinth & Zendaya – “All for Us”

Ariana and Justin can’t be nominated twice.

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

What do we think of AJR making into Best Pop Duo/ Group Performance with Bang!, as a TOP type entry?

It peaked at #2 on the Alt AirPlay chart and is currently #14, and is currently in the top 10 for HAC, and has finally reached top #20 on pop radio. It’s been steadily climbing up the BB hot 100 and is currently #33, wouldn’t be surprised if it reached top 15-20, and it’s more direct competition would be Level of Concern which has already reached all its peaks months ago, which some of you are predicting.

Personally not predicting either but no one has mentioned AJR yet

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

This year’s top 10 songs competing for a BPDG nom:

Rain on me
    Dynamite
    Stuck with you
    Intentions
    Memories
    Exile

Last year’s:

Old Town Road
    Sucker
    Boyfriend
    MIA
    Happier (Stripped)
    Sunflower
    Señorita
    I Don’t Care
    Dancing with a Stranger
    ME!
    Boy with Luv

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Some overestimate Taylor Swift and some underestimate, despite having one of the biggest albums of 2020.
    The only time she got just one nomination in the pop field despite having a whole eligible album was with reputation. After that she released Lover which received 3 noms including Pop Vocal and Pop Solo. A lot of people including myself were predicting Without Me & Someone You Loved over You Need To Calm Down.
    So with that being said I think it’s completely unlikely for her to receive only 1 nomination in the pop field.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

This year’s top 10 songs competing for a BPDG nom: Rain on me Dynamite Stuck with you Intentions Memories Exile Last year’s: Old Town Road Sucker Boyfriend MIA Happier (Stripped) Sunflower Señorita I Don’t Care Dancing with a Stranger ME! Boy with Luv

Forgetting High Hopes (Live) last year.

This year there’s also Goodbyes/Take What You Want, Come & Go/Life’s A Mess/Smile, Savage Love, Mood & Roses.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Ariana and Justin can’t be nominated twice.

They’re not predicting them twice. I initially misread that post too, but I believe they’re saying: Nominations will come from this group (hits), and that group (non hits)

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

They’re not predicting them twice. I initially misread that post too, but I believe they’re saying: Nominations will come from this group (hits), and that group (non hits)

omg i seriously can’t read, sorry!!!

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Is there a possibility PVA has 6 nominees? I’d sure hope so for Post Malone’s sake.

My Predictions:

POP VOCAL ALBUM
    1. Folklore
    2. After Hours
    3. Chromatica
    4. Fine Line
    5. Future Nostalgia
    (alt: Hollywood’s Bleeding OR Hot Pink)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.