Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jellyᴮᴱ
Roger Federer
rue
  • Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

If you don’t think Lady Gaga is a lock, you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But, stop spreading lies about how well it performed. This is her most successful solo album critically and commercially since The Fame Monster. She had a number 1 and another huge hit off of it, and the academy will likely credit her for going back to her dance roots. AOTY and SOTY are debatable but she is getting nominations in the pop field.

She didn’t have another huge hit

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Stupid Love peaked at number 4, had successful radio play, went platinum, and hit number 1 in several other countries. It wasn’t her biggest hit, buy it wasn’t a flop. 911 was a flop.

It peaked at #5 and only spent 10 weeks in the top 100. It went down to 30 it’s second week. It didn’t get much airplay only about 56m at it’s peak which is low compared to other songs in contention that have 100m+.

For Gaga’s standards, stupid love was a major flop.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Chromatica underperformed but I still think its a lock to be nominated along with folklore

Most likely. I wish that wasn’t the case though. Other albums performed better commercially and critically.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Stupid Love did absolutely nothing I’d that’s what you’re referring to, and Metacritic doesn’t always mean the best reviews especially back then when it was harsher on pop albums. If those albums were released today they would likely get into the 80’s range or upper 70’s since they were so popular and revolutionary in how they changed pop music landscape to more dance

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I think Chromatica will be nominated since it is Gaga and it did fine but had Rain on Me not happened or done well then there would be no reason to include it.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I think its crazy stupid love still managed to peak top 5 being leaked for like 2 months before released

Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

Stupid Love peaked at number 4, had successful radio play, went platinum, and hit number 1 in several other countries. It wasn’t her biggest hit, buy it wasn’t a flop. 911 was a flop.

911 is not a single tho.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Dua Lipa is not getting shut out of the pop field, sorry.

Gaga will probably end up with one nomination, and that’s for Pop Duo/Group.

Profile picture
    "How U Doin'"
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  “Stupid Love” is indeed a flop.  It debuted at #5.  Then, started plummeting down the charts in its second week.  Only to be completely forgotten in three weeks.

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Chromatica tanked, it’s not getting shit in the general field. The only good thing about this dumpster-fire of an era was the 911 music video and a few photoshoots. Everything else has been aggressively mediocre. Stupid Love was by far her worst lead single to date. The music video for it was similarly woeful. Rain On Me, despite being a terrible song, was very popular but only because of Ariana. It wouldn’t have made a dent in the charts without her.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance
    Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now”
    Harry Styles, “Watermelon Sugar”
    Post Malone, “Circles”
    Taylor Swift, “cardigan”
    The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights”

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    BTS, “Dynamite”
    Justin Bieber feat. Quavo, “Intentions”
    Lady Gaga feat. Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me”
    Maroon 5, “Memories”
    Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver, “exile”

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Lady Gaga, “Chromatica”
    Harry Styles, “Fine Line”
    Post Malone, “Hollywood’s Bleeding”
    Taylor Swift, “folklore”
    The Weeknd, “After Hours”

Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

BPDG (my predicted nominees)
    -Rain on Me by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande
    -Exile by Taylor Swift Ft. Bon Iver
    -Memories by Maroon 5
    -If The World Was Ending by Julia Michaels & JP Saxe
    ——————–
    (Intentions/Dynamite)
    ——————–
    I could see ROM winning this due to Gaga’s Grammy history plus the song went #1 too which would help. But circumstances could change if Exile becomes a single and gets a music video. ROM is a mediocre song yet Exile is written beautifully and is a great song from a critically acclaimed and successful album. It even gets decent daily streams despite not being a single and also not having decent playlisting. The song has lots of potential to smash too comparing to the other tracks from ‘folklore’.

Profile picture
    "How U Doin'"
    Topics:

Get real!  “Exile” is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  That song came and went.  Swifties are forever delusional.

Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

Get real! “Exile” is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. That song came and went. Swifties are forever delusional.

“gEt ReAL” “HonEY” “bArF!” “SwiFtiEs aRe FOrEveR DelUSIOnaL” “_____ is NOT hApPenNing”

sit down will you? we’re here to share our predictions… no need to get wild and mad over there… u seem like u have no life outside this forum..everyone can share their opinions💀

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I’m gonna say this now because my past words are totally gonna come back to haunt me. I think Harry can actually win BPVA.
    Boz pointed this out but Harry shares way more in common with previous winners than Taylor does. He has 2 hits she has none. His album is lasting hers isn’t.
    When I previously said Taylor was a lock, I wasn’t anticipating the Folklore era being this dead. But well, it is. I wouldn’t be surprised if during voting, FL is above Folklore on the BB200 thanks to its third single.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.