Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 563 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
rue
Gucci
almanzarlamar..
  • Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

The other albums were not eligible, you are clowning your selves over that list when none of the high rated albums there even won a Grammy.

We’re talking about nominations here, not wins. And what other albums are you talking about? Rob Sheffield stated that the deadline was a little before folklore was released but, even if they didn’t wanna take into account albums released in 2020, they could’ve easily left out Fine Line but didn’t… which proves that it has industry support.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Why Harry will make it and not Dua who has an acclaimed album with big radio hits ??? Dua is a BNA winner, Harry is an ex-boyband member. Also, according to your definition pop vocal is based on hits, Don’t Start Now spent 20 weeks top10 and is x3 Platinum, Break My Heart is charting for 30 weeks on Hot100 and Levitating is #47 this week. Harry has 0 precursors to say he will be nominated actually.

Acclaim is essentially irrelevant in pop actually. Ed beat Lana, who had the most acclaimed album of the year, last year. Imagine Dragons had a panned album get in over Melodrama. And beyond that, Harry’s album was very well received.
    Alessia Cara won BNA. Meghan Trainor did too. Not sure how BNA makes anyone a lock for this but k.
    I said Harry having hits and momentum is what will make him win. Sooner you accept that’s very possible the better it’ll be. You actually had to make up things so it would seem like Taylor has any kind of momentum

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/robsheff/status/1308438643149766656?s=19

Don’t see how this answers my question but anyway.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Acclaim is essentially irrelevant in pop actually. Ed beat Lana, who had the most acclaimed album of the year, last year. Imagine Dragons had a panned album get in over Melodrama. And beyond that, Harry’s album was very well received. Alessia Cara won BNA. Meghan Trainor did too. Not sure how BNA makes anyone a lock for this but k. I said Harry having hits and momentum is what will make him win. Sooner you accept that’s very possible the better it’ll be. You actually had to make up things so it would seem like Taylor has any kind of momentum

Melodrama had no huge radio hits, a frontloaded flop single and that’s all, Future Nostalgia is not missing pop vocal, lol.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Melodrama had no huge radio hits, a frontloaded flop single and that’s all, Future Nostalgia is not missing pop vocal, lol.

Aren’t you arguing that Harry, who now has 2 with an upcoming third, radio hit will miss? At least be consistent.

Let’s stick to facts: FN is the only one of the 6 contenders to not peak at #1. It’s also the only without a #1 single. Fine Line, which clearly has the most industry support, will not be missing. And yes, I have no problem with saying an album that will have 3 hits and will be above the alleged frontrunner during voting could win.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Acclaim is essentially irrelevant in pop actually. Ed beat Lana, who had the most acclaimed album of the year, last year. Imagine Dragons had a panned album get in over Melodrama. And beyond that, Harry’s album was very well received.

Acclaim won’t get you a win alone but it definitely can be indicative of how liked an album is. Acclaim can be a major factor in determining the industry support so we can’t ignore it that much, especially since one of the biggest arguments for Harry is he has so much industry support. In fact, I’d say acclaim is a bigger indicator than Stevie Nicks bringing someone up every other hour.

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Acclaim won’t get you a win alone but it definitely can be indicative of how liked an album is. Acclaim can be a major factor in determining the industry support so we can’t ignore it that much, especially since one of the biggest arguments for Harry is he has so much industry support. In fact, I’d say acclaim is a bigger indicator than Stevie Nicks bringing someone up every other hour.

I think it matters for AOTY but BPVA has shown time and time again that it doesn’t care about acclaim.
    Besides, Harry’s album isn’t really panned so I don’t get why he’d miss because of acclaim?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think it matters for AOTY but BPVA has shown time and time again that it doesn’t care about acclaim.

I agree, I just think that industry support and acclaim are very closely intertwined so it’s hard to say that Harry will win due to industry support but then deny that acclaim is a factor. Not targeted at you obviously, just a general comment that you can’t have it both ways.

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I don’t know if that really is the case but I also feel like fine line‘s acclaim could be different if the reviews were written today. back then I do think a lot of the critics probably still were very biased towards him and I kinda feel like through this whole era his image changed (I don’t really want to start again and put too much focus on the RS list, but that would also explain how he got on the list later in the year, even though he originally hasn’t gotten the highest acclaim)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

harry album was way fresher, and more popular when the members were voting

so, if anyone will miss will be Dua or Post

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

NFR is right there. WAFAWDWG is right there too. Fine line is not the only 2019 album whivh entered.

I don’t know what you want to say with this and like I said the RS list wasn’t my actual point in the post

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I mean yes. All reviews are inherently biased. You think critics will review an album by a boyband member the same as an album grammy winner?

that‘s also why I hate when people say this album is so acclaimed omg, when acclaim obviously isn’t totally about whether an album is good or not (which also always is subjective) but a lot about bias

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 563 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.