Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 570 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Steve johnson
rue
DaBaby
  • Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I can see Dua, Gaga & Harry fighting for a spot in BPVA. The only ones i can secure are: – After Hours – Folklore – A random album (like K, bye for now, Changes, Romance lmao, etc)

kbfn, changes are 100% not getting nominated

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

here for an Ari upset on pop album with k bye

Her Spirit moment is here!

In all seriousness though, I’m expecting the Spirit/Joanne nominees to be in BPDG. I have NO idea what to expect from that category

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Her Spirit moment is here! In all seriousness though, I’m expecting the Spirit/Joanne nominees to be in BPDG. I have NO idea what to expect from that category

I expect a complete mess in BPDGP as well. There were so few votes cast and so few strong contenders that some random song with like 20 votes could make it.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Her Spirit moment is here! In all seriousness though, I’m expecting the Spirit/Joanne nominees to be in BPDG. I have NO idea what to expect from that category

yeah I feel confident only about gaga in this one. the other 4 is up for grabs

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Yeah I think the only lock in Pop Duo/Group is Rain on Me. The rest of the 4 nominees could go either way

In fact if it wasn’t for that dumb rule Stuck With U would have a chance to be nominated too.

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Harry is not missing BPVA. I’m currently predicting Abel to miss (purely because of his shaky history in pop and the fact his album overall is the least “pop” out of the 6 main contenders) however, Dua or Post could very well miss instead.

Taylor and Gaga are locks for nominations. And Harry i’m sure will comfortably get in.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

My current Pop Duo/Group Performance Predictions:

Rain on Me- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande
    My Oh My- Camila Cabello and DaBaby
    Exile- Taylor Swift and Bon Iver
    Memories- Maroon 5
    What a Man Gotta Do- Jonas Brothers

This category is the hardest to predict. What do you think?

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I still don’t see Chromatica and folklore as locks. I think something “shocking” could happen and 1 of them misses.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

I still don’t see Chromatica and folklore as locks. I think something “shocking” could happen and 1 of them misses.

nah that would happen among Dula, Harry and Post

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

They’re not 100% locks but they’re more likely for nomination than Abel/Harry/post/dua

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Y’all really think they’ll let After Hours miss in this political climate? Not saying it’s not deserving whatsoever, but if he doesn’t get in that it’s gonna put so many people off. He’s definitely the front runner and with blinding lights performance and the album being amazing and selling well it is my front runner. Second is Post (for nominations) he is in no way missing this with the biggest album that also has one insane mega hit. Arguably he’s gonna miss out on either this or AOTY but definitely getting in one. Taylor is also getting in, even in her more “hated” eras she managed to get a nom in here and folklore is way more acclaimed. Lady Gaga is getting in because of her name and literally nothing else. Lastly Dua and Harry will be for the last spot and I would not be surprised if Harry missed noms altogether because he seems to be getting over estimated in all American shows but the same goes for Dua. She’s getting snubbed right up there w him, so I’m not sure who’s getting the last spot. Then wins are a completely different order for me (After Hours would still be the front runner).

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Y’all really think they’ll let After Hours miss in this political climate? 

I agree that After Hours is in  but it’s not like a committee is there to ensure that hes nommed. No one would be specifically “letting” him miss. A lot of voters could potentially not vote for him since he’s the ‘frontrunner’ (ie. Ed Sheeran, Perfect).

FYC 2021:

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I agree that After Hours is in but it’s not like a committee is there to ensure that hes nommed. No one would be specifically “letting” him miss. A lot of voters could potentially not vote for him since he’s the ‘frontrunner’ (ie. Ed Sheeran, Perfect).

No, I meant the voters themselves will definitely give him votes. But it’s also just my guess.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

No, I meant the voters themselves will definitely give him votes. But it’s also just my guess.

Again, completely agree he’s in, I just guess the language was a little confusing. No worries at all.

FYC 2021:

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Again, completely agree he’s in, I just guess the language was a little confusing. No worries at all.

oh ya I definitely understood what you meant! Just thought I’d clarify. I just feel like the voters themselves could definitely be affected by the political climate and even ones who wouldn’t usually go for him, would this time. I’m just guessing though many of the voters may be racist for all I know. But ya either way I don’t see him missing.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.