Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 556 through 563 (of 563 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
rue
Gucci
almanzarlamar..
  • Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I still don’t see Chromatica and folklore as locks. I think something “shocking” could happen and 1 of them misses.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

I still don’t see Chromatica and folklore as locks. I think something “shocking” could happen and 1 of them misses.

nah that would happen among Dula, Harry and Post

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

They’re not 100% locks but they’re more likely for nomination than Abel/Harry/post/dua

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Y’all really think they’ll let After Hours miss in this political climate? Not saying it’s not deserving whatsoever, but if he doesn’t get in that it’s gonna put so many people off. He’s definitely the front runner and with blinding lights performance and the album being amazing and selling well it is my front runner. Second is Post (for nominations) he is in no way missing this with the biggest album that also has one insane mega hit. Arguably he’s gonna miss out on either this or AOTY but definitely getting in one. Taylor is also getting in, even in her more “hated” eras she managed to get a nom in here and folklore is way more acclaimed. Lady Gaga is getting in because of her name and literally nothing else. Lastly Dua and Harry will be for the last spot and I would not be surprised if Harry missed noms altogether because he seems to be getting over estimated in all American shows but the same goes for Dua. She’s getting snubbed right up there w him, so I’m not sure who’s getting the last spot. Then wins are a completely different order for me (After Hours would still be the front runner).

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Y’all really think they’ll let After Hours miss in this political climate? 

I agree that After Hours is in  but it’s not like a committee is there to ensure that hes nommed. No one would be specifically “letting” him miss. A lot of voters could potentially not vote for him since he’s the ‘frontrunner’ (ie. Ed Sheeran, Perfect).

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I agree that After Hours is in but it’s not like a committee is there to ensure that hes nommed. No one would be specifically “letting” him miss. A lot of voters could potentially not vote for him since he’s the ‘frontrunner’ (ie. Ed Sheeran, Perfect).

No, I meant the voters themselves will definitely give him votes. But it’s also just my guess.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

No, I meant the voters themselves will definitely give him votes. But it’s also just my guess.

Again, completely agree he’s in, I just guess the language was a little confusing. No worries at all.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Again, completely agree he’s in, I just guess the language was a little confusing. No worries at all.

oh ya I definitely understood what you meant! Just thought I’d clarify. I just feel like the voters themselves could definitely be affected by the political climate and even ones who wouldn’t usually go for him, would this time. I’m just guessing though many of the voters may be racist for all I know. But ya either way I don’t see him missing.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 8 posts - 556 through 563 (of 563 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.