Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 7)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 490 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monsoon 🌊
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    Lebron29
    Topics:

I don’t like Dynamite either. BTS has much better songs. However, it was still a huge success and they had the biggest Grammy campaign out of all of the possible nominees. I don’t think it’s a lock but to act like it doesn’t have a chance is weird. This is BTS’ biggest chance yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Are we sure Dua gets in over Post? Pop votes are pretty much name checks of who’s popular or active at the time of voting. So basically be a big name or have a big single. I feel like Post has a much better chance of finally getting into Pop Album. Dua could suffer from her album just being a critic’s pick. It’s holding up well on Billboard but seeing from the last three years, I think it’s safer to say she could be another Melodrama or NFR!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga is vulnerable in Best Pop Vocal Album.  Her album is long forgotten.  Next, is Post Malone.  Dua Lipa is in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gxbsxs
    Topics:

When will this person start talking like a person and not a Ryan Murphy character

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

I feel that people are underestimating Dua Lipa’s nominations chances. The album has one of the biggest hits of the year, has a great reception and two singles that played a lot on the radio throughout the year. Shawn Mendes’ selftitled, Demi’s Confident, Lana’s Lust For Life were nominated in Pop Vocal, so I don’t see a reason why Future Nostalgia won’t. People say that the album didn’t sell well but is in the top 40 and rising.

I don’t think the album is like Melodrama and NFR that didn’t even have a song in the top 40 of pop radio, it’s an album with great presence in the year and almost every year, pop voters usually nominate artists who have never been nominated in Pop Vocal before. (Billie, Camila, Shawn, Demi etc)

I see people not even predicting Don’t Start Now to be nominated in Pop Solo Performance. Honestly, I will be shocked if that happens.

I don’t think she will win anything, but I think people are underestimating her when it comes to the nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

How you guys compare Future Nostalgia to NFR and Melodrama when Dua has the biggest female single of the year in the US (4th overall).

It’s not like Dua released the album and it dropped below Top 100 in less than 3 months. (Like some VMA winner).

The only way it’s left out of the competition is that Harry and FN are fighting the same spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

How you guys compare Future Nostalgia to NFR and Melodrama when Dua has the biggest female single of the year in the US (4th overall).

People who don’t predict Future Nostalgia being nominated in Pop Vocal Album compare to these two albums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

In addition, it is important to mention that albums with “only one hit” even if they did not win, were nominated in Best Pop Vocal Album.
    Examples would be: Uptown Special because of “Uptown Funk”
    Camila because of “Havana”
    Coldplay’s ep because of “Something Just Like This”

Many people including me did not expect Camila’s selftitled to be nominated. I was only expecting a nomination for Havana in Best Pop Solo Performance and even then she got the nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes’ selftitled, Demi’s Confident, Lana’s Lust For Life were nominated in Pop Vocal, so I don’t see a reason why Future Nostalgia won’t.

Those were all nominated in weak years, this year isn’t. I’m not predicting her and it’s not because I think voters will be adverse to Dua Lipa and Future Nostalgia, just that other contenders either have more successful albums or are better liked by Pop voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

I see everyone saying if Dua gets in it’s at the expense of Lady Gaga or Post Malone, personally I think if she gets in she pushes out Harry Styles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

, just that other contenders either have more successful albums or are better liked by Pop voters.

For example, I’m predicting that Styles’ Fine Line will be nominated but you don’t know if he is better liked by Pop Voters since he has never been nominated and she is a two time grammy winner artist. Plus, Gaga doesn’t have a more successful album than her, but I’m also predicting Chromatica to be nominated thanks to name check.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I see everyone saying if Dua gets in it’s at the expense of Lady Gaga or Post Malone, personally I think if she gets in she pushes out Harry Styles.

I think dua and post are fighting for the last spot unless there’s a tie. Both could be less favored by pop voters and I doubt they’ll snub Gaga here. Harry seems to have industry support and commercial success, same with after hours and folklore(duh)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

For example, I’m predicting that Styles’ Fine Line will be nominated but you don’t know if he is better liked by Pop Voters since he has never been nominated and she is a two time grammy winner artist. Plus, Gaga doesn’t have a more successful album than her, but I’m also predicting Chromatica to be nominated thanks to name check.

Completely agree on Harry Styles, as for Gaga while Chromatica wasn’t a huge commercial success it was a success none the less, and I think she’s at the point where all she needs is some success to get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BLABFUOB
    Topics:

There is no way she misses Best Pop Solo Performance. BPVA, maybe.

Especially since people like to say best new artist is cursed and yet her new album was actually good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    bs87
    Topics:

Especially since people like to say best new artist is cursed and yet her new album was actually good.

That’s not really relevant to the BNA curse, though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.