Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 7)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 464 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
"How You Doin'"
Monsoon 🌊
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

, just that other contenders either have more successful albums or are better liked by Pop voters.

For example, I’m predicting that Styles’ Fine Line will be nominated but you don’t know if he is better liked by Pop Voters since he has never been nominated and she is a two time grammy winner artist. Plus, Gaga doesn’t have a more successful album than her, but I’m also predicting Chromatica to be nominated thanks to name check.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I see everyone saying if Dua gets in it’s at the expense of Lady Gaga or Post Malone, personally I think if she gets in she pushes out Harry Styles.

I think dua and post are fighting for the last spot unless there’s a tie. Both could be less favored by pop voters and I doubt they’ll snub Gaga here. Harry seems to have industry support and commercial success, same with after hours and folklore(duh)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

For example, I’m predicting that Styles’ Fine Line will be nominated but you don’t know if he is better liked by Pop Voters since he has never been nominated and she is a two time grammy winner artist. Plus, Gaga doesn’t have a more successful album than her, but I’m also predicting Chromatica to be nominated thanks to name check.

Completely agree on Harry Styles, as for Gaga while Chromatica wasn’t a huge commercial success it was a success none the less, and I think she’s at the point where all she needs is some success to get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BLABFUOB
    Topics:

There is no way she misses Best Pop Solo Performance. BPVA, maybe.

Especially since people like to say best new artist is cursed and yet her new album was actually good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Especially since people like to say best new artist is cursed and yet her new album was actually good.

That’s not really relevant to the BNA curse, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I have mixed feelings with Post Malone. I think he can miss BPVA but jump straight to AOTY, or (and very unlikely) miss both of those categories, and only make it to pop solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

So many people predict Harry in and I’m a total n00b when it comes to the Grammys but I’m so scared that he’ll be completely shut out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

So many people predict Harry in and I’m a total n00b when it comes to the Grammys but I’m so scared that he’ll be completely shut out.

I’m afraid of that too, but at this point he became undeniable. I don’t see him snubbed in BPVA as FL had a good rollout, or pop solo as Watermelon Sugar is a #1 radio/chart hit. Whether he gets more nominations, i don’t know, but i’m definitely sure he is in for the Pop Field

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

My current Pop Field Predictions

Best Pop Solo Performance

• Blinding Lights- The Weeknd
    • Cardigan- Taylor Swift
    • Stupid Love- Lady Gaga
    • Circles- Post Malone
    • Don’t Start Now- Dua Lipa

Alts: If the recording academy is still on the Billie train or are favoring Harry more than I think than Everything I Wanted or Watermelon Sugar will get in over Stupid Love. I could also see Midnight Sky sneak in.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Rain on Me- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande
    • Exile- Taylor Swift and Bon Iver
    • Memories- Maroon 5
    • My Oh My- Camila Cabello and DaBaby
    • If the World Was Ending- JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

Alts: I think Camila is being underestimated. In the last 3 years she has performed at the Grammys 4 times, received 3 nominations, and she even won 2 Latin Grammys. They obviously like her. I think Dynamite by BTS is interchangeable with My Oh My and If The World Was Ending.

Best Pop Vocal Album

• Chromatica- Lady Gaga
    • Fine Line- Harry Styles
    • Future Nostalgia- Dua Lipa
    • Folklore- Taylor Swift
    • After Hours- The Weeknd

Alts: I could easily see Hollywood’s Bleeding get in over Fine Line, and I could see voters thinking After Hours and/or Hollywood’s Bleeding aren’t pop enough and put in a shocker like K Bye for Now or Romance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I’m sorry but predicting Gaga to make not just everything in the pop field but also everything in the general field makes moriahface seem unbiased

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’m sorry but predicting Gaga to make not just everything in the pop field but also everything in the general field makes moriahface seem unbiased

I am predicting her to get 6 nominations, and I am on the fence about 3 of them. I wouldn’t say that makes me extremely biased, extremely biased would be saying she’d get in to all 12 categories she submitted to and winning all of them. I think it is extremely possible she gets 3 nominations and no wins, but I wouldn’t be shocked with 6 nominations and 1 win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Not sure what 12 categories Gaga submitted to, but I can only find 9.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

I am predicting her to get 6 nominations, and I am on the fence about 3 of them. I wouldn’t say that makes me extremely biased, extremely biased would be saying she’d get in to all 12 categories she submitted to and winning all of them. I think it is extremely possible she gets 3 nominations and no wins, but I wouldn’t be shocked with 6 nominations and 1 win.

scratching my head at how you came to 6 but i love the optimism!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

scratching my head at how you came to 6 but i love the optimism!

The 6 I am predicting are Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, either Record of Song of the Year but not both. And I have Best Dance Recording, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Album of the Year as maybes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniellbp
    Topics:

How I wish to see Miley nominated for Midnight Sky… it’d be the best surprise

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 464 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.