Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 527 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
janet.
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Rooney
    Topics:

This field is basically so boring.

For pop vocal album, I hope the voters can find certain non mainstream artist with fresh pop album (such as Charli XCX, US Girls, Grimes) instead these generic pop artists who sounds so basic like Justin, Selena, Camilla, Post. Their music are so bland and forgetful. I hope they’re not nominated. But for Future Nostalgia and Fine Line, I think they’re kinda locked for this category in terms of quality and sales.

For best pop vocal performance, Don’t start now and blinding lights seem locked for this category. I don’t know if Demi (anyone) can still maintain its hype but sofar it’s worth nomination. I hope Adore You can snatch the nomination.

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Im sorry I have to say this, Good as hell with lizzo and Ariana will be nominated for pop duo performance. Literally two of the biggest stars right now plus lizzo won pop solo over the Billie sweep. There gonna try slide Lizzo in there someway circa Adele 2013 Set fire to the rain esque. Also ariana is possible the biggest musician in the world bar a few so they will see this as a way to get more clout for the Grammys. The song went number 3 and was in the top 10 for over 4 months. Yes it may not be this version, but seeing the song will get it ticked come the nominations. Prove me wrong

The only issue I see is she also has the collab with Lady Gaga. Will they really nominate Ariana for two out of 5 slots? I can’t see that happening.The remix wasn’t really worthy. Also what about Don’t Call Me Angel. Ariana has a lot of collabs and that might split voters if they submit all of them.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:

Memories – Maroon 5

Rain on Me – Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Personally, I’m hoping

Sam Smith & Demi Lovato for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (but depends on its commercial performance), and Anyone for Best Pop Solo Performance.

It’s what she deserves

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by HAI.

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Manic is an amazing piece of work, but has it really penetrated the American consciousness? Not really. It’s a shame, too, because it (as well as some of the singles) deserves some Grammy nominations.

Will Post Malone ever win a Grammy? I don’t know. It’s starting to seem like the Recording Academy likes to nominate him for a lot of stuff, but I think they are reticent to actually give him a win.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Will Post Malone ever win a Grammy? I don’t know. It’s starting to seem like the Recording Academy likes to nominate him for a lot of stuff, but I think they are reticent to actually give him a win.

agree but also feel like if wants to get a Grammy, stop trying to appeal to a larger crowd and make some good ass music. Rockstar was a phenomenal song. And also write your own music mostly.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Ariana could’ve been nominated twice in 2015, but they only chose one submission.

That will happen again.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    tobey1
    Topics:

I think they could nominate both Lady gaga/ Lizzo with Ariana? The lady gaga song has to get in the top 3 of billboard 100 to get the nomination like good as hell did with the help of the remix.

Lets be honest aswell, both Lady gaga and Lizzo are the last two winners of pop solo performance, they are clearly liked by the pop committee more than all the other artists wanting to be nominated so I see them both potentially, with good as hell reigning supreme

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Personally, I’m hoping

Sam Smith & Demi Lovato for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (but depends on its commercial performance), and Anyone for Best Pop Solo Performance.

It’s what she deserves

I’m rooting for Demi.

“I Love Me” & “Anyone” are GRAMMY worthy tracks with powerful messages.

And as of right now, “I’m Ready” deserves a Pop Duo/Group nod. It’s not a perfect song but still…why not?

That category is beyond weak.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

True, but Lady Gaga and Lizzo are both previous winners and very liked by them. Nicki, Iggy, and Jessie… not so much.

Iggy is a Record of the Year nominee 😉

Put some respek on her name.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, I’m also rooting for Demi Lovato in Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. I live for that bitch!

Rooting for Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance too.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Watch Post Malone win Best Pop Solo Performance for “Circles” and half of you lot lose your minds.

Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

This field is basically so boring. For pop vocal album, I hope the voters can find certain non mainstream artist with fresh pop album (such as Charli XCX, US Girls, Grimes) instead these generic pop artists who sounds so basic like Justin, Selena, Camilla, Post. Their music are so bland and forgetful. I hope they’re not nominated. But for Future Nostalgia and Fine Line, I think they’re kinda locked for this category in terms of quality and sales. For best pop vocal performance, Don’t start now and blinding lights seem locked for this category. I don’t know if Demi (anyone) can still maintain its hype but sofar it’s worth nomination. I hope Adore You can snatch the nomination.

Not you complaining about people making bland and forgettable music and then saying Demi Lovato deserves a nomination for her music… Her music is the blandest of them all! She only makes music along the lines of I’ve made mistakes and I’m learning or loving me is my top priority. There is no artistry in making the same music with the same message. I personally can’t stand her. AMAZING voice though!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.