Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,333 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
DAVEJ82470547
epiphany
  • Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I think guilting people for campaigning is a bit silly. Almost everyone plays the game to some extent or another, in some way or another. Some are just more aggressive, unabashed and public.

The “Shameika” video and remix won’t have any effect on the nods. The story may be an assistance post nods though.

The Weeknd has pretty much been campaigning since the beginning of the year. I wouldn’t expect him to slow it down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

The Weeknd & Chloe x Halle had the best GRAMMY campaigns of 2020. Nobody did it like them 👏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Pop stars are doing what pop stars do. I don’t think this “campaigning” is just for the Grammys. Not everything revolves around that show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I think guilting people for campaigning is a bit silly. Almost everyone plays the game to some extent or another, in some way or another. Some are just more aggressive and unabashed. The “Shameika” video and remix won’t have any effect on the nods. The story may be an assistance post nods though. The Weeknd has pretty much been campaigning since the beginning of the year. I wouldn’t expect him to slow it down.

kinda feel like campaigning shouldn’t even be a thing. Let the music speak for itself. Biggest campaign=biggest budget and some quality musicians just don’t have the money or team to support a huge campaign. Playing into the game and music politics is stupid and takes away from what it really should be about. Just my opinion I know it will always be apart of it but I respect artists that aren’t so desperate for approval and needing to shove their work in our faces nonstop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Pop stars are doing what pop stars do. I don’t think this “campaigning” is just for the Grammys. Not everything resolves around that show.

This.

Some of y’all on here act like artists plan their entire lives around optimizing Grammy chances. Like??? I guarantee they do not care that much. Having a successful album is more important than winning a Grammy

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

kinda feel like campaigning shouldn’t even be a thing. Let the music speak for itself. Biggest campaign=biggest budget and some quality musicians just don’t have the money or team to support a huge campaign. Playing into the game and music politics is stupid and takes away from what it really should be about. Just my opinion I know it will always be apart of it but I respect artists that aren’t so desperate for approval and needing to shove their work in our faces nonstop.

yeah, cause thats what pop music been about since never.

the artists are just doing normal cycle of promo, people need to know their work and it doesnt affect a bit of your taste about it. but theyre not better or worse for being in a big label that campaigns their work for sales and/or awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Pop stars and musicians all want to promote their stuff. And yes, some of them want awards. With Covid, there hasn’t been as much opportunities. Now is the time to go full on, especially with Grammy season arriving. There’s nothing wrong with it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

kinda feel like campaigning shouldn’t even be a thing. Let the music speak for itself. Biggest campaign=biggest budget and some quality musicians just don’t have the money or team to support a huge campaign. Playing into the game and music politics is stupid and takes away from what it really should be about.

You basically summed up every awards show TBH. It’s about politics opposed to what’s actually the best. The GRAMMYS are a business. They’re always going to vote in their best interest. Which is why the BRP were called out by Deborah Dugan.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Pop stars are doing what pop stars do

except for harry styles. he personally hasn’t done anything since like the beginning of covid except filming the golden video lol. no performances, interviews nothing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I guarantee they do not care that much. Having a successful album is more important than winning a Grammy

I personally feel like dua is the artist who graves awards the most

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Grammys can assist with album/single sales, at least briefly. But there’s a lot of artists who crave industry validation. They may understand that comparing all these songs and albums to determine the “best” doesn’t make sense. They may recognize voters’ biases or sometimes questionable taste. But many do still want that validation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I agree dua lipa and Harry styles have the exact opposite approach when it comes to promoting/campaigning. I’m curious who’s strategy will pay off more for the grammys. Will the extreme in ur face approach help dua or will the laid back less obnoxious approach gain some respect for styles? Also loving Taylor just not giving af this year round when before she was so obsessed with Grammy recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I personally feel like dua is the artist who craves awards the most

I personally feel like as true as that may be you also need to take into account the fact that foreign artists need to work a lot hard for awards and campaign a lot more. But yes I do see her definitely working a lot and putting out new music. But again if this was done at any other time I would say that she was just trying to get her singles to work

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

except for harry styles. he personally hasn’t done anything since like the beginning of covid except filming the golden video lol. no performances, interviews nothing

Get ready for a flood in December.

He’s on the cover of Vogue and Vanity Fair, which will have a whole event where he’s the main dish. He recorded a performance with Free National, and the anniversary for Fine Line is coming. Columbia released a vinyl box set for the anniversary that ships on a Friday (Dec 11). They might be gunning for a repeak, or at least a good new run. Golden promo might come too, not sure about that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I feel like harries don’t even need to be disappointed when he‘s snubbed as I don’t think he himself cares that much about the grammys. his fans are waaay more into than him

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.