Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,333 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
DAVEJ82470547
epiphany
  • Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Also loving Taylor just not giving af this year round when before she was so obsessed with Grammy recognition.

In regards to this, I think that if this strategy works next roll out she will be less in your face as previously but still campaigning significantly more than now. Also, the best thing about this is the fact that because she is rarely in the spotlight she needs less to come back in. She trends with only one magazine cover because its the first magazine cover of the era.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Three upcoming Vevo performances from The Weeknd next week. 11/23: “Alone Again” 11/24 (Grammy noms day): “In Your Eyes” 11/25: “Faith”

Does anyone know where I can watch these? Neither The Weeknd nor Vevo shared any links.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I personally feel like as true as that may be you also need to take into account the fact that foreign artists need to work a lot hard for awards and campaign a lot more. But yes I do see her definitely working a lot and putting out new music. But again if this was done at any other time I would say that she was just trying to get her singles to work

I agree. I personally think it seems a bit desperate sometimes but everybody should campaign and release stuff as he likes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

some artists may be much more interested in charts and awards than others but let me tell you that 99% of artists are always interested in that in some capacity. Otherwise they wouldn’t drop at the end of a tracking week, or they wouldn’t submit their work. Artists always care about either/both validation from the industry and validation from the GP

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m still highly undecided on what to keep as my 8th AOTY spot. I currently have Summer Walker, but I could also see a Country album making it. Either Lambert thanks to her veteran narrative or Combs due to his commercial success.

Guess I’ll think about it in these last few days.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Does anyone know where I can watch these? Neither The Weeknd nor Vevo shared any links.

I believe they’ll be posted accordingly on his youtube channel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I feel like harries don’t even need to be disappointed when he‘s snubbed as I don’t think he himself cares that much about the grammys. his fans are waaay more into than him

I think Harry fans will be happy no matter what cuz he’s never be nominated for a Grammy award so his noms in bpva and bpsp will be exciting for them. They aren’t expecting general field noms so I don’t think they’ll be disappointed, as for Taylor fans however…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I think Harry fans will be happy no matter what cuz he’s never be nominated for a Grammy award so his noms in bpva and bpsp will be exciting for them. They aren’t expecting general field noms so I don’t think they’ll be disappointed, as for Taylor fans however…

also not saying Harry and Taylor have no shot at general field I just don’t think they should get their hopes up

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Imagine still thinking that Taylor won’t somehow be included in the GF. The madness!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

Imagine still thinking that Taylor won’t somehow be included in the GF. The madness!

I think she has a good chance but I’ve seen Taylor fans predicting her to be the most nominated of the night or getting nods in all 3 gf categories which I just don’t see as realistic. No hate just my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Get real!  Chromatica is NOT happening in Album of the Year.  Little monsters can’t be that delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Even if Taylor completely bombs on nomination day, Cardigan will still easily get into SOTY. Like c’mon, even Lover got in! AOTY is 50/50 and I won’t be surprised regardless of what happens there.
    I do think ROTY is very unlikely. Cardigan wasn’t a big song. Its production and vocals aren’t really anything special. It’s a fantastic song thanks to the lyrics, which is why SOTY is so likely.

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

awwww Lover. one of the three songs that deserved the award before bad guy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

I cannot clearly see how Cardigan is going to be in Record of the Year. I feel like Lover was more produced rathe than having a ballad and it still was not nominated. I think the Grammys will only nominated highly produced tracks and bigger hits than giving it Taylor Swift. Although, Cardigan is still a contender for SOTY, so I wouldn’t count her out there. 

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

cardigan in ROTY is only possible if they love folklore and go all out or they block her in AOTY and decide to give her ROTY and SOTY as compensation. Both highly unlikely imo.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.