Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,333 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
DAVEJ82470547
epiphany
  • Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, delusional Swifties should NOT be excited for tomorrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

While I wouldn’t be totally shocked by a Fiona snub for a few reasons, it would shock me that they considered albums by Lorde, Lana, Kacey, Brandi and Janelle but not a vet that put out arguably her best album to date. None of those albums were commercial hits, but they were the biggest acclaimed albums of their years, and that’s really why they got in. I’m keeping Fiona in my predictions until the bitter end, and I’d be okay with being wrong. We all have been, even though some like to pretend that they are gurus around here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m curious to see which album will the i,i of this year. The one absolutely no one saw coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I’m curious to see which album will the i,i of this year. The one absolutely no one saw coming.

k, bye for now

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Last thoughts

– Roddy, Abel, and Fiona are the only AOTY locks. All the other spots can move around but expecting 2 more pop spots (most likely folklore and Future Nostalgia) + 1 country spot + 1 alt/r&b spot

– This will be Taylors comeback at the grammys which she actually gets in the GF more than once (AOTY & SOTY) and be one of the most nominated (although I’m not locking her in AOTY but it’s almost a lock)

– Dua is definitely in BPVA I don’t know when we all started underestimating her. She’s locked in BPVA, BPSP, and ROTY.

– Have no hope for Harry and he can probably be a “shocking” miss in the pop categories as well especially Pop solo performance.

– If Post missed AOTY due to the competitive line up then he will definitely be in BPVA. They will reward the biggest album somehow.

– Gaga might make it in categories she really doesn’t deserve this year because of name only. (Heavy on AOTY even though I’m being hopeful and not predicting her there)

– BTS could possibly get 1 nom but still not sure about it.

– Roddy, The Weeknd, and Taylor will be the most nominated of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

I think tomorrow everyone will be happy except BOTS stan. Harry, taylor, abel, dua all will get their deserving nominations. And then we will put these childish fight to end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

the nominations come out in less than 24 hours, stop fighting y’all we’ll see who gets nominated then.

I’m not fighting YOU’RE FIGHTING

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I think tomorrow everyone will be happy except BOTS stan. Harry, taylor, abel, dua all will get their deserving nominations. And then we will put these childish fight to end.

If anything we’ll fight even more about who’s going to win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

k, bye for now

the horror

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Chromatica would be one of the more undeserving albums to get nominated in recent years. I’m not sure one short-lived hit carried by Ariana, some love from the VMAs and raising money to fight Covid is enough. It’s an award for album of the year, not most loved person of the year or philanthropist of the year. It’s hard to see how the BRP, in such a solid year for pop albums, would justify nominating a dud because Gaga is lovable and nice.

It is an award for the best album of the year and not best selling album of the year. The only reason y’all discredit Gaga quickly is because the album did not serve longevity on the charts and not because it’s a bad album. Chromatica is way better than some of frontrunners. Y’all have turned the Grammys to a popularity contest. BLM Movement is one of the reason After Hours is considered a lock and yet you don’t want the woman who worked her ass off in the middle of a pandemic to be rewarded. The bias stinks

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

We are approaching Grammys announcement day, the people working on the Grammys.com are more careful this year so something doesn’t leak until tomorrow morning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Get real!  The #BLM Movement is NOT one of the reasons After Hours is considered a lock in Album of the Year.  You white people are something else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Get real! The #BLM Movement is NOT one of the reasons After Hours is considered a lock in Album of the Year. You white people are something else.

Lmao have to agree with Gucci.  Saying he’s only locked because of BLM or other black artists are is so weird

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

It is an award for the best album of the year and not best selling album of the year. The only reason y’all discredit Gaga quickly is because the album did not serve longevity on the charts and not because it’s a bad album. Chromatica is way better than some of frontrunners. Y’all have turned the Grammys to a popularity contest. BLM Movement is one of the reason After Hours is considered a lock and yet you don’t want the woman who worked her ass off in the middle of a pandemic to be rewarded. The bias stinks

Stop. Chromatica has nothing going for it. The only thung that stinks is Chromatica. It’s stale already 👽

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Advice to my fellow Gaga stans for tomorrow: it is okay to feel disappointment if Gaga gets less than 3 nominations but don’t attack others on this forum. It’s not their fault and who knows what nonsense you can say out of anger. At least we know she is safe in two categories.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.