Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,333 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
DAVEJ82470547
epiphany
  • Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Imagine a Doja Cat snub in BNA after she did all these award shows since August and won 3 times BNA.

lmaoo

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Also I’m looking at other people’s Grammy predictions and everyone goes way too mainstream. Like I get you have your favs but it’s weird. And then I’m comments people are like I’ll die unless Gaga or Dua get all the big nominations and I’m like uhh. Also everyone and I mean everyone is predicting Chromatica. Do we think it will get in. I never thought it would but I’ve seen people doing a full 3 GF for it. And it’s a lot. Also everyone is set on Exile happening which while I want to happen I don’t know if I see it

mostly everyone outside of die-hard award forums like this one just pick the big pop acts in grammy predictions. thats quite common and thats why predictions by billboard, hdd etc fail so hard many times

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

EONLINE: Why Fans Believe the 2020 Grammy Nominations Have Leaked
    “Early Tuesday, fans noticed the Recording Academy website had changed many artists’ number of nominations. For example, Ariana Grande’s page showed that she has 11 nominations, but as of the 2019 Grammy Awards she only had six.”

UPROXX: The 2020 Grammy Nominations May Have (Sort Of) Leaked Early“For instance, the Grammy website originally said that Ariana Grande has six Grammy nominations, but her total was updated to 11. This doesn’t indicate what awards she may be up for this year, but it looks like she earned five nominations.”

Buzzfeed: Turns Out, That Grammy Nominations Leak Was Accurate

Last year’s leak got a lot of media attention. It was expected that the 403/404 wouldn’t happen this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

if the grammy committee was smart they’d just shut down the website till the nominees are revealed.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I keep seeing Doja, Summer, and Megan are locks for BNA and I can’t help but wonder which will miss the category. In recent years someone assumed to be a frontrunner in BNA has missed the nomination. Ella Mai, Lewis Capaldi, Alessia Cara (The 1st Time), and even Megan and Summer last year missed when expected as potential frontrunners. If I had to guess it would be Doja that misses.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I took Harry Styles out of my AOTY lineup and honestly already regret it lol.

Currently have him getting:

Record of the Year
    Pop Solo Performance
    Pop Vocal Album

I think those are realistic enough for someone who doesn’t have the best Grammy History. :/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I keep seeing Doja, Summer, and Megan are locks for BNA and I can’t help but wonder which will miss the category. In recent years someone assumed to be a frontrunner in BNA has missed the nomination. Ella Mai, Lewis Capaldi, Alessia Cara (The 1st Time), and even Megan and Summer last year missed when expected as potential frontrunners. If I had to guess it would be Doja that misses.

Usually when people miss  like that it’s because they didn’t have an album out or they had one song known. In a year where music has remained stagnant, Doja Cat had one of the biggest hits and many other minor hits which I heard. Her Album did fine and stayed on the charts for awhile. The other thing is she has already picked up other major awards. Now I know that most of the dont mean anything, but Billie for example could have been nominated and was predicted but she only was nominated (and won) after she started picking up all of these awards. She will be nominated because there isn’t any reason for her not to

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BLABFUOB
    Topics:

I feel like Taylor’s acknowledgement will come from the Genre nods. I see her finally breaking back into Country with a nod somewhere for betty. And I have her getting in 2/3 of the POP categories. Coupled with Music Film and Music Video nods. I think 5 Nominations is ENOUGH for her. She didnt dominate 2020. She didnt sell the most nor did she have any hits. Anything over 5 nods will be an Overperformance imo. The Weeknd and Fiona will be the major players this year.

Something about Taylor doing this indie folk alternative all during quarantine, with every song wrote and produced by her and either Antonoff or Dessner. She directed the music video to her title song Cardigan and featured one song with Bon Iver of all people. It was such a different genre compared to whats popular this year yet she achieved commercial success aswell and went back to her sweet innocent looking songwriter days and really showed how she hasnt lost her song writing talents. I feel like they’ll see this all as her taking a risk at having commerical buzz and attention for her artistic side to shine and I bet she will win SOTY and maybe AOTY since they love Taylor at the Grammys and cause major upset. Then ROTY goes to Blinding lights.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Something about Taylor doing this indie folk alternative all during quarantine, with every song wrote and produced by her and either Antonoff or Dessner. She directed the music video to her title song Cardigan and featured one song with Bon Iver of all people. It was such a different genre compared to whats popular this year yet she achieved commercial success aswell and went back to her sweet innocent looking songwriter days and really showed how she hasnt lost her song writing talents. I feel like they’ll see this all as her taking a risk at having commerical buzz and attention for her artistic side to shine and I bet she will win SOTY and maybe AOTY since they love Taylor at the Grammys and cause major upset. Then ROTY goes to Blinding lights.

She wouldn’t win both. The most I see is Cardigan for Song and that’sa stretch

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BLABFUOB
    Topics:

She wouldn’t win both. The most I see is Cardigan for Song and that’sa stretch

Who do you think gets album of the year then because I’m so unsure over like 4 people?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, Beck is NOT happening in Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

I feel like Taylor’s acknowledgement will come from the Genre nods. I see her finally breaking back into Country with a nod somewhere for betty. And I have her getting in 2/3 of the POP categories. Coupled with Music Film and Music Video nods. I think 5 Nominations is ENOUGH for her. She didnt dominate 2020. She didnt sell the most nor did she have any hits.

Anything over 5 nods will be an Overperformance imo.

The Weeknd and Fiona will be the major players this year.

Stop pretending as if Taylor actually didn’t do anything. The girl switched up her sound completely from commercial pop to a singer songwriter alternative/indie inspired record. The sound of folklore isn’t meant to top the radio charts like Blinding Lights and The Box. folklore is a beautiful poetic melodic piece of storytelling that not many artists this day in age can produce, and have the success she had. Yes her sales may have increased due to signed copies but still you don’t see other artists pulling these same numbers. Folklore is nearly 2x platinum with no hit smash single. Other artists can barely sell over 500k in a year. You are also forgetting to mention that this is her first album that has universal acclaim. Taylor has as much of a strong argument for contention as anyone else.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Folklore would be a MONUMENTAL snub.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Folklore would be a MONUMENTAL snub.

it would be an undeserved snub. But I actually wouldn’t be surprised if she weren’t to get in. They’ve done this to her twice already. But folklore is a much stronger album than both rep and Lover

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Yes. Agreed. Objectively it needs to be in that category. Without it will feel like a waste.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.