Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 774 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lemon
Miss Americana
borisy
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Is jacob’s album worth listening?

Yes. I was expecting it to be some pretentious garbage but it ended up being really good.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Jacob’s album is not groundbreaking, but the production is neat.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

i don’t know why everyone is predicting a jacob upset, his album didn’t even chart the grammys are not gonna choose such an obscure unknown album to win. if there’s an upset it will be jhene.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Dua’s campaigning is on fire. First, Square vinyls helped her in nomination, now disco light will get her those wins.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

i don’t know why everyone is predicting a jacob upset, his album didn’t even chart the grammys are not gonna choose such an obscure and unknown album to win. if there’s an upset it will be jhene.

Because he is seriously adored. There are so many other musicians who were really happy about the Jacob nomination. Jacobs also seen as a prodigy. As well, he can get votes from all types of genres which COULD allow an upset if Taylor and Dua split pop

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

After listening the AOTY albums

Personal ranking

1. Folklore

2. Women in Music pt. III

3. Future Nostalgia

4. Everyday Life

5. Chilombo

6. Djesse Vol.3

7. Hollywoods Bleeding

8. Black Pumas (Deluxe)

Profile picture
    Topics:

Dula Peep’s Campaign

She’s getting aggressive with that campaign. TayTay needs to step up her games tho

Got this from DuaLipaHungary on Twitter:

DUALIPA’s 2020 Schedule:

26 Nov: SmallzysSurgery
    27 Nov: Studio2054
    05 Dec: NRJMusicAwards performance
    05 Dec: LOS40MusicAwards performance
    10 Dec: BBWomenInMusic
    10 Dec: JingleBall performance
    15 Dec: SongExploder
    19 Dec: SNL performance

I expect even more campaigning 😀

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Got this from DuaLipaHungary on Twitter: DUALIPA’s 2020 Schedule: 26 Nov: SmallzysSurgery 27 Nov: Studio2054 05 Dec: NRJMusicAwards performance 05 Dec: LOS40MusicAwards performance 10 Dec: BBWomenInMusic 10 Dec: JingleBall performance 15 Dec: SongExploder 19 Dec: SNL performance I expect even more campaigning 😀

eh this is kinda annoying. at this point she’s trying to plaster her face everywhere. i don’t want Taylor to even do half of this shit. exile mv and a performance is enough campaigning. let the music speak for itself.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

After oscar style campaign Billie Eilish did last year, I expect everything from these pop singers.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

After oscar style campaign Billie Eilish did last year, I expect everything from these pop singers.

yea and it gives me fraud vibes tbh

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Dua Lipa seems to be REALLY campaigning for that Grammy. Booking the final SNL episode of the year with Kristen Wiig was an amazing choice, Lizzo did last year and she ended winning 3 awards.

I also expect Taylor to do some more things after the Disney+ special. It’s gonna be interesting to see how much everyone fights for the award, but Dua and Taylor are definitely frontrunners.

I was talking to a couple of industry musicians and they all agree that the Collier nomination was “a huge step for the industry as a whole”. The cross-genre appeal of his album should not be underestimated as well.

Have heard great things about Black Pumas too.

Profile picture
    Topics:

eh this is kinda annoying. at this point she’s trying to plaster her face everywhere. i don’t want Taylor to even do half of this shit. exile mv and a performance is enough campaigning. let the music speak for itself.

Plastering her face everywhere clearly helped her get 6 nominations

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Let Dua do her thing and hopefully Taylor continues to be low key and let the music and that great folklore sessions movie speak for itself.

I mean, I would love an Exile MV, but i doubt Bon Iver (who didnt even show his face for the folklore movie) will be up for it.

Maybe Taylor can do an animated MV for Exile? That could be cool

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Dua Lipa seems to be REALLY campaigning for that Grammy. Booking the final SNL episode of the year with Kristen Wiig was an amazing choice, Lizzo did last year and she ended winning 3 awards. I also expect Taylor to do some more things after the Disney+ special. It’s gonna be interesting to see how much everyone fights for the award, but Dua and Taylor are definitely frontrunners. I was talking to a couple of industry musicians and they all agree that the Collier nomination was “a huge step for the industry as a whole”. The cross-genre appeal of his album should not be underestimated as well. Have heard great things about Black Pumas too.

That’s the Christmas special omg! It attracts the most viewers every year, dua’s team definitely know what they’re doing. I agree about collier but ultimately it’s gonna be d vs t. I can’t recall grammys awarding an anomaly a AOTY for a long time now.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Let Dua do her thing and hopefully Taylor continues to be low key and let the music and that great folklore sessions movie speak for itself. I mean, I would love an Exile MV, but i doubt Bon Iver (who didnt even show his face for the folklore movie) will be up for it. Maybe Taylor can do an animated MV for Exile? That could be cool

She might do a narrative video with some other actor.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 774 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.