Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 774 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lemon
Miss Americana
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Is it too crazy to think that Coldplay could pull a Beck? They are veterans and they don’t have an AOTY win yet.

i’d laugh

Honestly I don’t think Gaga cares. She has movie to film and she now has an Oscar. She don’t care for Grammys anymore.

her team pushed for a Billboard cover with the headline “GRAMMYS PREVIEW” so yeah she cares

Profile picture
    Kev
    Topics:

Is it too crazy to think that Coldplay could pull a Beck? They are veterans and they don’t have an AOTY win yet.

Coldplay have been nominated numerous times over the last few years but haven’t won anything since 2009.

It’s unlikely but anything could happen.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

With no additional nominations, for a so-so album that no one knew was released. Please Grammys, do it! That way, EVERYONE will know that the Grammys are an archaic institution. Beck’s album was one of the most acclaimed when it won. Coldplay’s album was…

This is why part of me wants that to happen. It would the perfect way to end this crazy Grammy season.

And I don’t think HAIM would take too many votes from them since Coldplay and HAIM are the only rock/alternative acts nominated for AOTY.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

SOTY – JP saxe & julia michaels

Wouldn’t hate it tbh

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Let’s not speak this into existence 😂…

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I honestly think that future nostalgia has this easy. It will get most of the pop votes idk

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Jacob’s album is something else, whew. Sadly, Taylor is winning this, because all the real competition was snubbed, not because it’s the best, not even in that lineup.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

If anybody is beating Dua and Taylor, I think it’s gonna be Jhene

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Thank Lord the gp likes Future Nostalgia over Folzzzzklore and her daily streaming numbers prove that. btw I see Taylor only snatchin BPDGP unless she campaign like crazy.

Now why u lyin,

future nostalgia is surviving because of its playlisting, payola and dua plastering her face everywhere. Her album is a moderate hit. If Taylor went back to 1989 campaigning and promo, I will fear for everyone else in the industry.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Now why u lyin,

future nostalgia is surviving because of its playlisting, payola and dua plastering her face everywhere. Her album is a moderate hit. If Taylor went back to 1989 campaigning and promo, I will fear for everyone else in the industry.

drag ha sis

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

What’s really interesting to me is that since the expanded general field, the Grammys are remaining  nominating 4-5 albums in AOTY without those albums receiving nominations in their own genre categories.

Will we ever see 6-7 albums nominated in album of the year while also receiving a nomination in their respective genre album category?

2015: 5/5 nominated in genre category, 3/5 winning their category

2016: 5/5 nominated in genre category, 5/5 winning their category

2017: 5/5 nominated in genre category, 3/5 winning their category

2018: 4/5 nominated in genre category, 2/4 winning their category

2019: 4/8 nominated in genre category, 4/4 winning their category

2020: 5/8 nominated in genre category, 3/5 winning their category

2021: 3/8 nominated in genre category, max 2/3 able to win their category (unless there is a tie in BPVA)

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking about it, and Jacob Collier really has a chance to win this. I think Coldplay will be 8th anyway, mainly because I think Collier is the main reason why they were nominated.

Collier will have the “technical” group since he has won Best Arrangement 4/4 times. Then, he may receive votes from the R&B/Hip-Hop group considering the album has Ty Dollar $ign, Jessie Reyez and Daniel Caesar and R&B is his genre. Also, he featured with Tori Kelly, one of Scooter’s clients, who has also won two Gospel Grammys. If Scooter truly is salty about his feud with Swift, this is someone I can see him rooting for, and we already know how powerful Scooter can be.

As of now, Taylor, Dua and Jacob are who I see winning.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I really need to find time to analyze Jacob’s music and chances. I’ve been reading more and more predictions from people here that Jacob’s more than just a filler nominee and that he could potentially win this thing. I find it hard to believe, but I guess it’s certainly possible if Dua Lipa and even Post Malone take away more than enough pop votes from Taylor to cause an upset, with someone else benefiting. We just have never had an obscure winner in the general field like that. Sure, we had Esperanza Spalding in BNA, and that was 10 years ago. AOTY is a little trickier. I guess in 2020, anything is possible. A Jacob Collier win would certainly prove that.

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/2020-in-review/the-best-music-of-2020

The New Yorker ranks Future Nostalgia as the 4th best album of 2020. Folklore is not on their list.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/2020-in-review/the-best-music-of-2020 The New Yorker ranks Future Nostalgia as the 4th best album of 2020. Folklore is not on their list.

folklore ranked #1 on Time. The 10 Best Albums of 2020

Full list :

10. Tiwa Savage – Celia
    09. Grimes – Miss Anthropocene
    08. Makaya McCraven – We’re New Again – A Reimagining
    07. Gabriel Garzón-Montano – Agüita
    06. Perfume Genius – Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
    05. Lil Uzi Vert – Eternal Atake
    04. The Chicks – Gaslighter
    03. Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    02. Chloe x Halle – Ungodly Hour
    01. Taylor Swift – Folklore

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 774 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.