Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 774 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lemon
Miss Americana
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

The fact that Jack Antonoff produced the masterpiece that is “This is me trying”, that alone should grant him all the awards. But he also produced august and mirrorball, 2 highlights of the album as well.

Flying lotus i like too, saw them when they toured with radiohead in 2018.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

just seen dua’s studio 2054…

if the voters actually use the access that she sent to them (+ even better, the wine at the same time), she could really steal their votes. it was extremely good and really brought the future nostalgia album up to another level

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

just seen dua’s studio 2054… if the voters actually use the access that she sent to them (+ even better, the wine at the same time), she could really steal their votes. it was extremely good and really brought the future nostalgia album up to another level

I haven’t seen it yet? Is it just a concert or does she explain and go in detail about the songwriting process? I’m just wondering if it counters the pretty excellent folklore Disney+ special. Concerts are great and all but I don’t know if that’s more effective than a documentary/concert that really dives into the process. I’m hoping I can see it soon though, her performances this era have been good.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

just seen dua’s studio 2054…

if the voters actually use the access that she sent to them (+ even better, the wine at the same time), she could really steal their votes. it was extremely good and really brought the future nostalgia album up to another level

Awesome!
    I’m seeing it later today. So excited

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I also saw Studio 2054. Highlight, Kylie sings with Dua Real Groove and Electricity.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Hey, I have a random but important kinda question. Is calling something pure pop offensive? I was told it was and had no idea because I just thought it meant a pop sound that doesn’t really take inspiration from other genres but I guess the term is bad??? Someone, please respond I’m genuinely curious.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Folklore is back in the top 10 with 39k units this week. It should stay stable next week with the Disney release. Her commercial competition in AOTY: Post Malone doing 24k, Dua Lipa doing 16k.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

I haven’t seen it yet? Is it just a concert or does she explain and go in detail about the songwriting process? I’m just wondering if it counters the pretty excellent folklore Disney+ special. Concerts are great and all but I don’t know if that’s more effective than a documentary/concert that really dives into the process. I’m hoping I can see it soon though, her performances this era have been good.

no it’s not like that but it did give the majority of the future nostalgia tracks a lot more life and a visual. it also highlighted how charismatic she is as a performer and how much she loves the album. i believe it’s little things like this which can help gather more votes

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

i’m reading great tweets about dua’s concert

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Is Dua’s concert making any noise? It’s not even trending on Twitter. If it gets her a ROTY win I’m happy though.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Got my ticket’s for Miss duas concert at 6pm! I’m excited!

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Dua’s live concert was so fucking good. Visuals, outfits, performances .. ALL OF IT. I’m really in two minds now, she’s a tough tough competition in AOTY and BPVA.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Is there any way people can watch the Dua concert without the paywall? I wonder if It’ll be temporary, then it could shipped off to YouTube’s service or another streaming service. From what I’ve seen it looks pretty good. I think what Dua is doing is cool but I think there’s a chunk of casual listeners who probably aren’t ready to pay any amount to watch a virtual pre-taped concert. I am honestly interested in paying to watch myself, but we’ll see. I just think strategically it would’ve been better to ship it off to some place for accessible for the grammy campaign/trending charts. But I think she’s making a hell of a lot off of this with the tickets, so they probably prefer that.

Profile picture
    Anton Parcero
    Topics:

Is Dua’s concert making any noise? It’s not even trending on Twitter. If it gets her a ROTY win I’m happy though.

Yep, #Studio2054 was TT in the afternoon WW (not everyone is a global artist) same as “Dua Lipa”… oh and now.

Profile picture
    Anton Parcero
    Topics:

Just saw Studio 2054… God… she deserves every single award she is nominated.

That Hallucinate-DSN leg was pop perfection.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 774 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.