Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 774 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lemon
Miss Americana
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Taylor not only did an amazing record, with very respected colaborators like Dessner, Antonoff and Bon iver. She recorded the album in quarantine and isolation and drew inspirations and sadness from the moment the world is currently living and used it in her lyrics. Its a profoundly nostalgic and very sad album. The closer, hoax, is pure sadness. Its like emotions associated with isolation and a world pandemic (sadness, vulnerability, reflection, nostalgia) are all beautifully part of this album. Folklore has the perfect narrative and encapsulates the prevalent emotions of 2020.

Its actually the ideal 2020 AOTY winner

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Remember when people said before the nomination that Grammy would ride so hard on BLM to the point they would block any threat for black artist to win AOTY but here we are.

Always thought that was load of crock to be honest. If this was a year where Kendrick or Beyoncé did something phenomenal, then I can see that. But The Weeknd wouldn’t have been the likely representative.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I just find it funny her best album got zero wins and now it’s considered one of the best albums ever.

Red? Well it wasn’t a cohesive album and didn’t win

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift does NOT deserve a third Album of the Year win so soon in her career.  However, the BRP set her up to win again.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Red? Well it wasn’t a cohesive album and didn’t win

I get not winning Country Album but she wasn’t nominated for Country solo, Pop Solo or record of the which she deserved for IKYWT. Taylor has been snubbed many times by the Grammys and unlikely several people this year she’s never blamed them but blamed herself “I just need to make a better record”.

Delicate, IKYWT, heck even Love Story all deserved Record or Song nominations based solely on quality.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I personally believe one of the main reasons The Weeknd was block was for a easy Taylor win. She’ll have 3/4th of the pop vote, the alternative vote, the country vote, and will probably manage a chunk of the rock vote from HAIM. The album has so many different boxes to check. She’s also a proven winner against well respected artist like Beyoncé, Gaga, and Kendrick Lamar.

I just find it funny her best album got zero wins and now it’s considered one of the best albums ever.

If Weeknd completely tanked like that in a straight vote then he wouldn’t have been a threat to Taylor. I definitely think they blocked artists like Brittany to set Taylor up though.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Honestly how could Taylor be set up for a win if The Weeknd didn’t even have Pop nor R&B support?

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

If Weeknd completely tanked like that in a straight vote then he wouldn’t have been a threat to Taylor. I definitely think they blocked artists like Brittany to set Taylor up though.

Yeah I agree with this. Even if the BRP decided to select The Weeknd in some GF categories he would have still been a non-factor this year given how he bombed in pop, just like Post Malone.

Howard would have definitely been competitive given her cross-genre support though.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I personally believe one of the main reasons The Weeknd was block was for a easy Taylor win. She’ll have 3/4th of the pop vote, the alternative vote, the country vote, and will probably manage a chunk of the rock vote from HAIM. The album has so many different boxes to check. She’s also a proven winner against well respected artist like Beyoncé, Gaga, and Kendrick Lamar. I just find it funny her best album got zero wins and now it’s considered one of the best albums ever.

I think HAIM is more likely to get the Alternative vote to be honest. Also I think pop will be evenly split between her and Dua, if not even a little more for Dua.

But Taylor could, in theory, get all the votes from Country/Americana/Folk/Bluegrass etc. voters and that could make a big difference. I think out of the nominees, folklore would appeal the most to them.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I think HAIM is more likely to get the Alternative vote to be honest.

I somewhat agree however they failed to get genre support. So who knows

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I somewhat agree however they failed to get genre support. So who knows

They did yes, but it’s not like any of the albums they’ve actually voted for is nominated for AOTY, so they may settle for the best alternative (no pun intended) and that would be HAIM.

It’s the same assumption with folklore’s presumed country support:
    No country album is up for AOTY so country voters may decide that folklore is the closest thing to their taste in music and vote for it.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

I think HAIM is more likely to get the Alternative vote to be honest. Also I think pop will be evenly split between her and Dua, if not even a little more for Dua.

But Taylor could, in theory, get all the votes from Country/Americana/Folk/Bluegrass etc. voters and that could make a big difference. I think out of the nominees, folklore w
    ould appeal the most to them.

You have to take into consideration who’s nominated alongside Taylor two people who have both been nominated for best alternative album and Bon Iver who is probably the big Alternative artist of the moment.

Dua will snag some pop votes but not over half. Taylor is still the biggest name in music, But the pop song category’s will be a toss up. I think Taylor has both Album categories on lock.

She’s never won pop solo or duo though, but this may be her last major blockbuster release and last chance to justify a sweep. I mean folklore is not a normal blockbuster it’s like an art house film raking in a billion at the box office.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

The Weeknd couldn’t even beat Chromatica and Changes in a straight vote, I don’t know what makes u guys think he even made the top 20.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

They did yes, but it’s not like any of the albums they’ve actually voted for is nominated for AOTY, so they may settle for the best alternative (no pun intended) and that would be HAIM.

It’s the same assumption with folklore’s presumed country support:
    No country album is up for AOTY so country voters may decide that folklore is the closest thing to their taste in music and vote for it.

Good point
    Still think that some alternative votes will go to folklore

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

The Weeknd couldn’t even beat Chromatica and Changes in a straight vote, I don’t know what makes u guys think he even made the top 20.

their delusion. These people have seriously lost sleep on The Weeknd snub. I feel bad for them.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 774 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.