Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 774 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Lemon
Miss Americana
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Imo, dua can easily pull off a sweep. I had this inkling before but I’m more convinced now after watching her online concert. She snapped.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

HAIM’s album is so fuckin good. It’s one of the best releases so far.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I took a look at his social media and listened to some of his album. I can see it’s appeal for sure, but it’s probably more geared towards a niche audience that I’m not a part of.

i’m yet to listen to his album, i’ll do today

Idk how many followers he earned since the announcement but I clicked follow

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

The excesive amount of pressed swifties here turned me off months ago. I rarely log these days, they have really killed the rationality and diversity of opiniones in this forum

u keep talking about ‘pressed swities’ but every single post on your page is about Taylor lmao. seems like you’re the only one that’s mad here tbh.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

the thing about taylor’s third aoy win is that voters may feel is ok to give someone else (who is improving artistically with giant steps) a moment like that..and that’s a fact

Also very possible. I was just wondering, since we talk about how Taylor and Dua got similar amounts of pop support, could that change with Taylor actually campaigning? I still think AOTY is nowhere near as locked up for Taylor as some people here do.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Imo, dua can easily pull off a sweep. I had this inkling before but I’m more convinced now after watching her online concert. She snapped.

Idk, with what I’ve seen so far it looks like a cool concert. But I don’t think many academy members will see it and change their minds. It basically gives us a big piece of what Dua’s been doing all year, great bombastic performances. We didn’t learn anything new about the process, it wasn’t like a Grammys museum type piece, unlike the folklore Disney+ sessions which reminded me of Taylor’s 2015 Grammy’s Museum performance. I think they ultimately cancel each other out in terms of effectiveness.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

The excesive amount of pressed swifties here turned me off months ago.
    I rarely log these days, they have really killed the rationality and diversity of opiniones in this forum

Little monstrosities..a disease

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

u literally just said she was snubbed don’t back track, and I don’t care if she has an Oscar lmao, what does that have to do with what I just said?

Nope, I never did.
    When I said she has been snubbed I meant in the past and at the Oscars, not this Time around at the Grammys.
    But of course a pressed person cannot read clearly.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Dua could easily sweep

but anytime taylor has been nominated for AOTY there has never been a sweep so im gonna hope that the trends continues.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

GD: campaigning is fine as long as your name isn’t Taylor.
    Pretty much.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I think Dua has a shot for ROTY and even BPSP. I see Folklore in AOTY/BPVA/PopDuo/SOTY. And it seems  that’s what the odds of the Gold-derby give. Did last year the final odds on winners were on spot ? Does anyone remember ?

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

little monsters should be focusing on how chromatica will be leaving the billboard 200 chart with less than 30 weeks and stop worrying about Taylor campaigning. It’s not Taylor’s fault Gaga’s album has been completely forgotten.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Dua could easily sweep

but anytime taylor has been nominated for AOTY there has never been a sweep so im gonna hope that the trends continues.

Daft Punk won all their nominations in 2014 (4/4) when Red was nominated for AOTY.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think Dua has a shot for ROTY and even BPSP. I see Folklore in AOTY/BPVA/PopDuo/SOTY. And it seems that’s what the odds of the Gold-derby give. Did last year the final odds on winners were on spot ? Does anyone remember ?

We got AOTY, BPVA and SOTY right last year. Billie was in second for ROTY and and Lizzo second in BPSP.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Idk, with what I’ve seen so far it looks like a cool concert. But I don’t think many academy members will see it and change their minds. It basically gives us a big piece of what Dua’s been doing all year, great bombastic performances. We didn’t learn anything new about the process, it wasn’t like a Grammys museum type piece, unlike the folklore Disney+ sessions which reminded me of Taylor’s 2015 Grammy’s Museum performance. I think they ultimately cancel each other out in terms of effectiveness.

I’ve enjoyed more studio54 than folklore doc. Being honest, the folklore doc didn’t reveal anything surprising about the songwriting, and at some points the conversation between them was awkward. A mediator or an interviewer would be nice. I’m not sure that would change someone’s vote. I liked the exile performance tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 774 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.