Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 588 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Gone for a bit and lots of delusion and wishful thinking on here.. FN simply does not have the cross genre appeal to pull of an AOTY win. Dua could take home ROTY and SOTY. The assumption that just because Betty didn’t get in does not translate into little to no country support. They probably just liked the other songs more.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Dua will win AOTY. She has the majority of pop voters – she went 3/3 in pop – even in BP/DGP which no one predicted for her. Taylor also went 3/3 in pop, but it’s worth mentioning that cardigan and Yummy were likely tied for 5th most votes in Pop Solo, hence the 6 nominations. Considering betty‘s lukewarm response on country radio, and its inability to score nominations in the country categories, it seems unlikely that enough country voters could come through for Taylor to make up her for her pop support deficit. Any other groups of voters, like engineers, mixers, producers, etc. will likely mainly cast their votes for DJesse Vol. 3 and Future Nostalgia. Unfortunately, this results in an outcome unfortunate for Taylor, but favorable to Dua.

Can we clearly tell what place they have in pop categories ?

I am not sure, Cardigan could be #1 or #6 in pop solo, we don’t know.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

You know, I’m thinking about the Abel snub and looking back, his era really hasn’t been any bigger than the tu,n era. I think we really really overhyped his chances

Even if The Weeknd hit all key nominations that he was predicted to get, he still wouldn’t win AOTY or Pop Album. I stand by that. Users on here put After Hours on such a high pedestal as if it was the equivalent of To Pimp A Butterfly or Lemonade, which it clearly wasn’t. The album wasn’t particularly acclaimed and outside of Blinding Lights of course, the era was mid. There was nothing to warrant him doing a complete sweep like many users suggested.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

RE: personal opinion: i mean the album is a bop there’s no denying that but i feel like any other artist could’ve made it – it doesn’t feel specific to dua

I said the same thing earlier. FN is a fun dance pop album full of bops but it is generic.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

If we get to see him on stage… 👀

If this year’s General Field Panel is the same as next year’s… then expect to see Djesse Vol. 4 in Album of the Year, and who knows maybe a Record nomination to go with it.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Y’all are getting a bit carried away now. We have no idea who has more pop support between Dua and Taylor. Post will take very little away from them who couldn’t get in a 6 nominee BPSP lineup with one of the biggest songs ever. Dua and Taylor both overperformed in pop to an extent (both got BPDGP with a pretty unknown collab and a non-single). Even without betty getting a country nom (which was never expected), she’s still the closest thing to a country pick there is and will likely get a large chunk of those votes. This said, Dua is formidable competition and I wouldn’t be surprised to see her win at all.

but it’s worth mentioning that cardigan and Yummy were likely tied for 5th most votes in Pop Solo, hence the 6 nominations.

Why was cardigan the song that tied? There isn’t any sort of basis for this claim. We have no idea about who had the most votes in the initial pop lineups. cardigan could’ve been first by an absolute mile, same thing goes for Yummy.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Dua will win AOTY.

She has the majority of pop voters – she went 3/3 in pop – even in BP/DGP which no one predicted for her.

Taylor also went 3/3 in pop, but it’s worth mentioning that cardigan and Yummy were likely tied for 5th most votes in Pop Solo, hence the 6 nominations.

Considering betty‘s lukewarm response on country radio, and its inability to score nominations in the country categories, it seems unlikely that enough country voters could come through for Taylor to make up her for her pop support deficit.

Any other groups of voters, like engineers, mixers, producers, etc. will likely mainly cast their votes for DJesse Vol. 3 and Future Nostalgia.

Unfortunately, this results in an outcome unfortunate for Taylor, but favorable to Dua.

I’m not even a blind stan but you do know 1989 won even when she was against an actual country album?

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I’m not even a blind stan but you do know 1989 won even when she was against an actual country album?

and against a best engineered album, non-classical winner (Sound & Colors)

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, Dua Lipa needs to kick Taylor Swift’s ass in all of their nominated categories

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

it all depends on whether best pop vocal album is handed in the main ceremony

that would indicate either

• vote split

or

• one of them is the frontrunner
    Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Goldderby truly is the land of hypocrites. Posters here will now say whatever nonsense in order to discredit Taylor. Their hatred for Taylor is honestly starting to look pathetic. I mean now saying that Taylor came in last for pop solo and that she lacks pop support? And this is based on what? Both Taylor and Dua clearly pull support from different areas in the academy, the girls are both equally loved. That weekend snub must have messed y’all up for damn Gucci to now be rooting for Dua Lipa a girl he has dragged and despised all Grammy period.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

It’s the treatment Taylor deserves. All black people should make music shading Taylor and Grammys to be nominated at GF.

Profile picture
    lsstg
    Topics:

Goldderby truly is the land of hypocrites. Posters here will now say whatever nonsense in order to discredit Taylor. Their hatred for Taylor is honestly starting to look pathetic. I mean now saying that Taylor came in last for pop solo and that she lacks pop support? And this is based on what? Both Taylor and Dua clearly pull support from different areas in the academy, the girls are both equally loved. That weekend snub must have messed y’all up for damn Gucci to now be rooting for Dua Lipa a girl he has dragged and despised all Grammy period.

I’m literally a Taylor stan, I’m just trying to be realistic here. People are claiming that Taylor will win AOTY easily, but these are the same people who have been claiming that The Weeknd would sweep since March. I don’t think it’ll be that easy for Taylor to win a 3rd AOTY trophy.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

It’s the treatment Taylor deserves. All black people should make music shading Taylor and Grammys to be nominated at GF.

You need serious help.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

Honey, Dua Lipa deserve 5 Grammys and Pop/Duo going to Rain On Me.

Taylor doesn’t have that much support. And Dua had been on the road for a long time.

Also Taylor has just 1 win at Pop Field.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.