Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 588 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

For me in retrospect, the most egregious instances of AOTY wins in recent memory:

Morning Phase winning over Beyoncé.
    24K Magic winning over Damn.

In hindsight I would’ve given Lemonade the win too, but the 25 win is not that egregious when you compare it to self-titled’s loss (literally to an album that made no noise and wasn’t really more acclaimed than Beyoncé).

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

1989 was pure heavy campaign with grammy voters even before nominations came out. The way she shoved that album down their throats after she lost for Red was ruthless. Sound & Color checked all the boxes and was meant to win that award, but Taylor HAD to win her second before Adele.

Which just goes to show how smart Taylor is with campaigning. She is almost repeating that. Highest charting album going into voting, Disney+ special where she goes over the process of the songs and does it in a beautiful acoustic way (something country and some alt/rock voters will appreciate). Nearly replicates the Grammys museum performance which likely bagged her AOTY but socially distanced and with the collaborators. She’s smart.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

For me in retrospect, the most egregious instances of AOTY wins in recent memory: Morning Phase winning over Beyoncé. 24K Magic winning over Damn.

Two wins we honestly should’ve seen coming. Beck was the only rock album there and had that niche sounds that critics eat up. 24k magic was the only pop album with 3 rap albums vote splitting. Wins we all should’ve seen coming, even if they were still tragic.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

For me in retrospect, the most egregious instances of AOTY wins in recent memory: Morning Phase winning over Beyoncé. 24K Magic winning over Damn.

Beck won over Beyonce wasn’t that terrible. Morning Phase was an acclaim record too. The worst wins to me are :

– Babel over Channel Orange
    – 24K Magic over DAMN/Melodrama

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

what was so special about billie’s campaign? what she do different?

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

1989 was not really “acclaimed”. It received a generally favorable reception. But it was a very success album.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-albums-of-the-decade-2010s

One of the T20 albums on critics’ best of the decade lists. ACCLAIM indeed!

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

what was so special about billie’s campaign? what she do different?

Not much. I think she was just really active during the voting season. Seems to be Dua’s strategy while Taylor has a 1989-like strategy of digging deep into the album and really explaining it (folklore disney+/1989 grammys museum.) Dua’s strategy as a runner-up won’t be enough, however Billie’s was coming from the front and no one else had a memorable campaign either. All Billie had to do was ride the wave.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Did anyone else notice that the odds shot up just a few minutes ago for all categories? Also noticed one expert has voted. Their votes

AOTY: folklore

SOTY: Black Parade

ROTY: Black Parade

BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

BPSP: Don’t Start Now

BPD/GP: Dynamite

BPVA: folklore

Quite a take…

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Did anyone else notice that the odds shot up just a few minutes ago for all categories? Also noticed one expert has voted. Their votes AOTY: folklore SOTY: Black Parade ROTY: Black Parade BNA: Megan Thee Stallion BPSP: Don’t Start Now BPD/GP: Dynamite BPVA: folklore Quite a take…

I mean I guess I can see it… I think There’s a chance Black Parade upsets (not in both categories though.) Also Dynamite? I doubt it. The rest seem fine.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Lol Hater or fan you can’t say Taylor doesn’t live in this forum rent free. She’s literally been on everyone’s mind since folklore dropped. Queen.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Did anyone else notice that the odds shot up just a few minutes ago for all categories? Also noticed one expert has voted. Their votes

AOTY: folklore

SOTY: Black Parade

ROTY: Black Parade

BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

BPSP: Don’t Start Now

BPD/GP: Dynamite

BPVA: folklore

Quite a take…

Someone had a theory that the only way they can get away with giving Taylor her third AOTY win is if Beyonce gets SOTY and ROTY. Can’t remember who though.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Someone had a theory that the only way they can get away with giving Taylor her third AOTY win is if Beyonce gets SOTY and ROTY. Can’t remember who though.

I don’t think they are that strategic. They can control the nominations but once voting begins I don’t think much can be done on that front. However Bey is feasible in both categories, just not likely. But I invite it, I like Black Parade. Also it’s quite scary how the odds changed by so much in all categories simply because 1 expert voted…

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Lmfao. What is it with y’all and trying so desperately hard to justify this terrible snub?

I literally said it was egregious. I’m trying to explain it in order to realize why it was snubbed. I don’t know how many times I need to say it was an awful snub for y’all to realize I’m not ‘justifying’ anything.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Well, This is America did help downplay the articles/reactions of “who is this random white girl who beat Cardi Drake Janelle & Kendrick?”

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

I literally said it was egregious. I’m trying to explain it in order to realize why it was snubbed. I don’t know how many times I need to say it was an awful snub for y’all to realize I’m not ‘justifying’ anything.

Use smaller words when communicating with not so smart people and maybe they’ll get your drift.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.