Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 588 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Taylor listed signed CDs back on her website. Bust most excitingly she brought back the vinyls that she only had listed for one week. A smart strategy going into Grammys voting to keep the album up on the charts. Even if her team should’ve pushed a new song onto radio and gave it more playlisting. It seems like whatever she can personally control is being done. I  guess republic is stingy.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Nuff said imo the battle of AOTY is between folklore and Future Nostalgia. I have folklore as frontrunner thanks to the cross genre appeal, with country/Americana missing I can see the voters go to folklore as their first option. The rock voters may go to HAIM, Coldplay or Jacob but I can see Taylor snatches some of them too considering Bon Iver and Aaron (The National) participation in the project. Speaking of campaign, folklore the long pond studio session currently 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and I believe more promo will come soon especially the second single. Meanwhile Dula Peep actually nailed it with her Studio 2054 performance. And she’s currently shooting music videos for Future Nostalgia Side B. Yeah, bitches are not playing.

Studio 2054 would’ve been more effective if she didn’t put a paywall in front of it. Release it on YouTube’s service and call it a day. They would’ve given it an advertising campaign etc. Expecting Grammy voters to see your email for a code (out of 100s of emails they’re getting from artists) then enter it into a ticket website to watch a concert is unreliable. The folklore film is accessible and something Taylor doesn’t need to beg the academy to watch because at this point I’d say most of them have a disney+ subscription. I think her team should work out a way to make Studio 2054 more accessible, not because it’s not worth the money but because not many are willing to pay. However Dua is really out there performing and promoting like crazy. Overall I think Dua has the most exhausting campaign while Taylor is has the most strategic one. However both IMMACULATE campaigns. They are out-running their peers.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

She was 100000% #1 most voted in every R&B category, and above Jhene in AOTY’s top 20. She must’ve really pissed someone off on the Grammy committee. This will also be the first year since 2012 where the SoulTrain AOTY winner isn’t nominated in Grammys’ AOTY.

At this point it’s not about “pissing someone off” just call it as it is… Corruption, racism.

How tf can that all happen to the Weeknd, Summer Walker, Roddy, rap and r&b categories???

People are just in denial if they think nothing shady is happening with the Grammys.

The corruption and lack of transparency is one, the racism is another.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

At this point it’s not about “pissing someone off” just call it as it is… Corruption, racism. How tf can that all happen to the Weeknd, Summer Walker, Roddy, rap and r&b categories??? People are just in denial if they think nothing shady is happening with the Grammys. The corruption and lack of transparency is one, the racism is another.

Well the weeknd at least submitted to R&B but was kicked by the Grammys to pop.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Taylor listed signed CDs back on her website. Bust most excitingly she brought back the vinyls that she only had listed for one week. A smart strategy going into Grammys voting to keep the album up on the charts. Even if her team should’ve pushed a new song onto radio and gave it more playlisting. It seems like whatever she can personally control is being done. I guess republic is stingy.

Does anyone have theories about why she’s not releasing exile as a single? Like it’s insane to me. It’s daily streams are higher than cardigan, it’s Grammy nominated now, it’s easily the most popular among the fandom too. Signed CD’s and vinyls can only sustain her for like 2 weeks. It’s more organic to have a single and decent playlisting.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Does anyone have theories about why she’s not releasing exile as a single? Like it’s insane to me. It’s daily streams are higher than cardigan, it’s Grammy nominated now, it’s easily the most popular among the fandom too. Signed CD’s and vinyls can only sustain her for like 2 weeks. It’s more organic to have a single and decent playlisting.

Re-recording

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

The exile performance is listed as the video on Facebook, there’s a theory something may be happening on December 4th with it but I doubt it.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

The exile performance is listed as the video on Facebook, there’s a theory something may be happening on December 4th with it but I doubt it.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Re-recording

I hardly think so. It only takes a few calls to get your songs good playlisting. Right now, folklore the album has less playlisting than some songs on TTH.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

So, The Weeknd won nothing at Soul Train. ? Why do I feel this era and his statements about wanting his music to be considered pop turned off his RnB support.
    RnB people may have been divided between supporting other options in GF.

Profile picture
    lsstg
    Topics:

My bet is she’s either sitting on it, or that Bon Iver doesn’t want Taylor to push it. Bon Iver hasn’t released a proper single in years, he doesn’t even star in his own music videos.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

My bet is she’s either sitting on it, or that Bon Iver doesn’t want Taylor to push it. Bon Iver hasn’t released a proper single in years, he doesn’t even star in his own music videos.

Yeah, he didn’t even show his face in the movie 💀

Profile picture
    eurydays
    Topics:

a month ago i read a reliable twitter account that said she filmed 3 music videos for folklore era but 1 was scrapped because taylor did not like it and the other was under production (maybe exile?). it’s such a taylor thing to scrap an mv so i think this is possible

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

I mean, technically he doesn’t *need* to appear in the music video. IIRC, Selena wasn’t in charlie puth’s video.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

a month ago i read a reliable twitter account that said she filmed 3 music videos for folklore era but 1 was scrapped because taylor did not like it and the other was under production (maybe exile?). it’s such a taylor thing to scrap an mv so i think this is possible

bruja is not reliable. The all knower is tho, and he said she shot a mv for exile and Betty

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.