Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 588 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters In all seriousness, probably Jacob, Taylor and Dua.

you hurt me so much.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

the studio2054 version of DSN should be officially released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBhJmY06x4

Profile picture
    daniellbp
    Topics:

Just watched Folklore’s documentary on Disney+. Taylor is so presumptuous… The way she tries to link the songs with the pandemic and quarantine as if they mean much more than what they actually do.

It’s a good album, no one can deny it. Her best in more than 5 years. But too conceited for me. At least Dua is not trying to be more than she is. And Future Nostalgia’s sound fits what 2020 has sounded like much better. I’d rather see Dua taking AOTY.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Just watched Folklore’s documentary on Disney+. Taylor is so presumptuous… The way she tries to link the songs with the pandemic and quarantine as if they mean much more than what they actually do.

It’s a good album, no one can deny it. Her best in more than 5 years. But too conceited for me. At least Dua is not trying to be more than she is. And Future Nostalgia’s sound fits what 2020 has sounded like much better. I’d rather see Dua taking AOTY.

Man, she recorded a album in her bedroom in a pandemic. That’s about as linked an album can be to a certain event. Facts are it’s probably gonna be the album that people link with the pandemic than any other. Personally the song that actually mentions the pandemic is arguably the worst.

Mirrorball on the other hand is probably the best way a artist the size of Taylor can express their feelings about not being able to do their jobs.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Lmao y’all literally praised Billie last year for recording an album with her brother in a damn bedroom and linking it to mental illness. Y’all seriously do the most. At the end of the day she isn’t for everyone it’s fair, but Goldderby’s double standard towards Tay is so damn laughable. I find it so damn funny how Dua is all of a sudden Goldderby’s sweetheart. So many of you trashed that girl called her a flop and even said her album was generic and mediocre at best.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

GoldDerby haters are butt hurt about Taylor thriving. We love to see it!

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Honey, I’m still shook the BRP blocked Roddy Ricch in Album of the Year for a bunch of bullshit.  🙁

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Lana or VW deserved. Billie’s album was a mess. She’s a very green songwriter who is incapable of writing interesting lyrics. Her new song with the Descartes-lifted chorus shows promise. She was anointed way too soon.

</p>

I think Billie’s album was very impressive for a 17 year old, and the sound, though not original at all, seemed original among the pop industry used to a more generic song. However, Billie album is, imo, waaaay worse than the frontrunner of this years AOTY and Bad guy winning SOTY with those lyrics? Lol, a disgrace.

WWAFAWDWG was cool, but a 6.5 album, Lanas for example was way better.

Thankfully this year the winner might be much better.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

She linked 1 song with the pandemic and that was epiphany.
    Taylor is a songwriter ofc her songs have more meaning than a pop-dance album like what..

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I like Future Mostalgia but the album is generic imo. It’s a good standard pure pop album. Don’t Start Now is the obvious standout. The album overall very much sounds like stuff that has been done before. I can seriously see another female vocalist singing FN. There’s no sense of uniqueness. It doesn’t hold up to albums like 21, 1989, WWAFAWDWG..

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> </p> I think Billie’s album was very impressive for a 17 year old, and the sound, though not original at all, seemed original among the pop industry used to a more generic song. However, Billie album is, imo, waaaay worse than the frontrunner of this years AOTY and Bad guy winning SOTY with those lyrics? Lol, a disgrace. WWAFAWDWG was cool, but a 6.5 album, Lanas for example was way better. Thankfully this year the winner might be much better.

Of course it was impressive for a 17-year old writer. But songs like “wish you were gay”, “bad guy” and “xanny” are embarrassing. The only salvageable song of the bunch is “when the party’s over”, that one’s good. It was a sad display when she swept last year.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Y’all really do the most to discredit Taylor whew. Maybe she knows more about the inspirations behind her own songs than you do? Just a thought.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

My prediction of the AOTY winners: 1. Future Nostalgia 2. folklore 3. Chilombo The rest won’t have a chance.

Genuine question: Some of you are so confident in Chilombo? Why? Is there something I’m missing? I assume her R&B base will split with Jacob Collier seeing that his album is labeled R&B on Apple Music. And I don’t think there’s big passion/support behind her?

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

If there’s one thing you absolutely can never come for, it’s Taylor’s songwriting and storytelling.

Look at how gorgeous mirrorball is, you can see it in the context of so many situations and I loved how she related it to her being an artist and constantly doing smth to entertain people even when the cameras are off. She captures the moment so well.

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Honey, we all know Tay Tay is so damn thirsty for another Album of the Year win.  That’s why she rush-released her album and she knew Adele was NOT releasing in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.