Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 588 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Haters: Taylor will have backlash because she is white

same people: Dua Lipa deserves to win (who is also white).

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, it would be extremely wrong if three white women won Album of the Year in a row.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

Actually, The backlash will specifically be for Taylor. No one will bat an eye if Dua wins since there’s no real competition. People LOVE to hate on Taylor on social media and she has somehow become the poster child for white supremacists because she is blonde and has blue eyes (i’m not saying it’s her fault, people assume she’s a racist no matter what she does)

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

How she became the poster child for white supremacists when she trashed Trump, asked people to vote him out for stoking the fires of white supremacy and endorsed Biden as the one and only thing she did pre noms, despite having a new album out. Make it make sense, this is not 2017.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

How she became the poster child for white supremacists when she trashed Trump, asked people to vote him out for stoking the fires of white supremacy and endorsed Biden as the one and only thing she did pre noms, despite having a new album out. Make it make sense, this is not 2017.

That person is obviously a troll. Ignore them, let Taylor live in their mind rent free.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

if taylor wins then adele also wins

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

taylor pulling a glenn close at the 91st oscars

I mean Glenn has never won before. Tailor could still pull off a win or two in other categories plus, she has won before. But I hope that She doesn’t pull a Glenn because I really like this album

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

and Goldderby will approve of an Adele win and not call her the face of white supremacy. Lol.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The AOTY nominations are a complete mess. The fact that she is likely gonna win by snatching the country votes angers me because there are so much better and creative albums released this year. Folklore is very deriative.

Good to know that you are angry. Now suffer

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Actually, The backlash will specifically be for Taylor. No one will bat an eye if Dua wins since there’s no real competition. People LOVE to hate on Taylor on social media and she has somehow become the poster child for white supremacists because she is blonde and has blue eyes (i’m not saying it’s her fault, people assume she’s a racist no matter what she does)

I mean… what… I don’t think the backlash will be nearly as bad as you think. The biggest backlash the Grammys will receive is the nominations because they did snub people. But no one will care about that in 2 months. Also she has been working hard to change her image through Miss Americana (movie but the person here lol) and by using her song for an ad campaign against Trump. I just don’t think it’s nearly as bad as you think it will be. Your can say her win will be undeserved, and while I would disagree with that, it is your opinion and that’s ok, but to say she will get hate for no big reason is not true

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I mean I love Adelle, but I’m waiting for her Album first. If it isn’t good or does nothing new then it doesn’t deserve to win. At least with Taylor her multiple wins were with totally different styles and if she gets a third win it would be a different genre as well (I really don’t think it’s pop). But if it’s amazing and smashes the charts than I’m fine with her winning

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Good to know that you are angry. Now suffer

This is easily in the Top 3 of The Most Iconic Gifs of all time!

Profile picture
    TobiasBuck
    Topics:

And what social media hate or dragging, at the end of the day, we should take serious or valuable?

The teen stans that fight for their faves like it‘s about live or death?

The woke/wealthy blue tick dudes with their super smart woke explanations?

The Karens who shout for a moment but 30 minutes later forget about that becuase they are already attacking a supermarket worker?

Insecure males, who feel a need to downplay a female who earns 1000 times more a year?

The old „real music fans“ who only bring up that the Beatles are the best for a millionth time?

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Swift has the best album in these bunch. If Fiona, RTJ or Phoebe nominated i would say otherwise. I don’t think she got a big backlash if she wins this.

This is easily in the Top 3 of The Most Iconic Gifs of all time!

Shoutout Eartha Kitt man. A real queen, rest in peace.

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Folklore is amazing. Future Nostalgia may not be lyrically intricate or anything, but it is also amazing. None of them is generic and any of them winning would be deserving in its own regard and way.

Upbeat pop music =/= generic. However, automatically thinking so is VERY generic of some people here who are looking like disgusting snobs. Not everybody likes intricate lyrics and some guitar and piano on their music. Each kind of music has a specific purpose and folklore and Future Nostalgia are so different that it’s even hard to compare the two of them. Some of you here saying FN is bootcamp’d are delusional and clearly don’t even care to look up how long it took Dua to craft that album to the end result, especially considering she recorded over 130 songs and only these 11 made the cut.

I personally prefer Future Nostalgia because it makes me feel happy, and I really appreciate music that effectively translates into making me feel that way in such a unique way. folklore is beautifully written and crafted, and I’ve just recently gotten into it, but so many albums before it have made me feel the way it makes me feel.

Technically speaking, the lyrics on folklore are much more elaborate, but the melodies on Future Nostalgia are much stronger than those on folklore. The production, mixing, engineering and instrumentation used on FN is also very impressive. The nuances on the production of folklore are also otherworldly.

At the end of the day, I’d be okay with either winning AOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.