Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 588 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jerry
ciguanaba
Vicennn
  • Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

I think there should be more prestigious music awards rather than fan-votes. The reason why we’re not surprised by the Oscars nominations is because we can somehow guess at least 70-75% of the nominations based on the entire award season. We know what to look for and what to expect. The Recording Academy only chooses 8 from more than 1000+ submissions, and we literally have nothing to base our predictions on.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Grammy need to be more transparent after this year fiasco. They should reveal the shortlist aka Top 20 just like Oscar.

The Oscars don’t reveal the shortlist for every category. Not to dismiss the categories they revealed last year, but none of them were Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, Actress/Actor (Lead and Supporting) so does the GP really care about the shortlist for Best Visual Effects…my guess is no.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

I wonder what’s the path forward for the Grammy’s to recover and regain their prestige like the Oscars. Drake said he imagines something new and maybe rightfully so. Sometimes if something can’t get fixed, maybe better to just tear down and rebuild?

Personally I think they should replace all the inactive voting members and open up their process to music critics. I said this last year, but they really should force their voters to at least listen to a snippet of the song that they want to vote for, even a 30 second snippet. I’m pretty sure if voters actually listened to Yummy they wouldn’t have voted for it. Even callouts research, people who vote actually listen to the song. And the Grammy’s they don’t have that requirement lol. The fact that there is an online process now can make that easier. Make all voting take place online and force voters to listen to the shit they’re voting on.

Also establish a committee in Pop. There’s no point in ignoring the issue anymore.

Agreed, every genre especially Pop, should have a committee.
    Also, there should be some sort of requirement in regards to voting. I don’t know how they can force someone to listen to more than a snippet, but there should be a way to force voters to vote especially when it can be done online. It makes no sense that say 500 total voters vote in Round 1, and then thousands vote in Round 2. That doesn’t seem fair to allow anyone to vote in the final round who didn’t care enough to vote in the first round.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Oscars don’t do that for their main categories

what they should do is..

a committee for pop categories

top 3 most voted must ramain untouchable

to vote in the second round, you must have voted in the first round

audio per song available on the ballot (?)

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I think Forklore is the best album of the bunch. But I’m fairly indifferent towards it victory since Swift already has two.

I don’t think the Grammys can recover any prestige. Music is so subjective. There are so many albums released every year. Oscars are very political, sometimes sketchy when it comes to taste and has some genre bias. The Grammys have those same issues but are also very much invested in both commercial appeal and are also obsessed with trying to please everyone. There is as well a lack of transparency and seemingly some corruption. There isn’t any point in investing or getting upset. Too much would have to be upended as far as the members, the committee members, what’s allowed and what isn’t, and the way things are voted.

I would have a 50 person committee for every genre come up with a top twenty for the genre categories. And all those committee people get to vote for what makes to AOTY top twenty. While the general academy votes from that top 20, and those end up being the nominees. We get six nominees in every category, except AOTY, which I think is fine at eight. No BRP. I also think having a couple of real precursors would assist the Grammys some, instead of just genre awards and popularity/fan voted awards. Don’t see any of that happening.

Profile picture
    KJS BEST GIRL
    Topics:

folklore has it in the bag already that’s why some of the haters here salty…

Profile picture
    Jagants1
    Topics:

BRP means?

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Grammys has time and again shown that they really don’t give a f about anything so I doubt anything significant will change anytime soon.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

folklore has it in the bag already that’s why some of the haters here salty…

people said this about after hours and now its not even nominated.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    Noah Sims
    Topics:

Taylor only makes albums with the hopes to score an Aoty nom and win at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Noah Sims
    Topics:

If Major artists would boycott the Grammys then they would be forced to make systematic changes. Artists love to kiss ass at the Grammys but when artists speak up against them, they magically and mysteriously receive no noms or gets snubbed.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Taylor only makes albums with the hopes to score an Aoty nom and win at the Grammys.

Only taylor swift can know this mich personal thing about Taylor Swift. So hi tay-tay.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Athletes spend years training in hope to win an Olympics medal what is the difference with artists making albums to win a grammy-if they are good there is nothing wrong with it.

Plus u act as if you know her-and taylor’s grammy “failures” have only motivated her to make better albums so why do you care so much

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

ALERT: Someone who knows exactly how Taylor Swift thinks is on the thread, this is so cool. I mean if not why would you think that’s only why??

Profile picture
    Noah Sims
    Topics:

Only taylor swift can know this mich personal thing about Taylor Swift. So hi tay-tay.

Not exactly. I watched a clip from her Miss Americana documentary and she said something along the lines of needing to release an even better album in order to get more nominations and an Aoty win. Even when she lost Aoty for her album red, she said she needed to release a better album so that she can win. It’s okay for artists to have ambitions but when making music is centered around the intent to win awards especially Grammys in Taylor’s case then that defeats the purpose of being an artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.