Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 643 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I’ve been critical of FN and while I still stand by the album being a bit generic, I cannot say it isn’t full of bops. I was jamming out to the title track on my way to work this morning. I don’t mean any hate towards dua at all as it’s very evident she works hard.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I think what really seals Folklores win is the narrative. An album made in quarantine that actually encapsulates what 2020 was for a lot of people. Anythings possible but Taylor will be very difficult to beat.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Billie’s album only top 10 hit was Bad Guy. And Future Nostalgia is critically acclaimed, unlike Camila’s album that nobody actually cared about and was totally defined by Havana. People even thought Camila was called Havana. FN is way more impactful as an “era” than “Camila”.

Yeah, but Billie’s album sold millions. It’s currently outselling FN.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Dua Sweeps or Dua goes home empty handed. Which is more likely?

I think she has it for ROTY but I’ve actually seen quite a few people who think Beyonce could upset.

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

It’s not like Dua Lipa is very popular in US. Her album debuted at #4 and spent 3 weeks in TOP 10 while Folklore spent 8 weeks at #1. Yes she overperformed but folklore is:

1. More acclaimed

2. Way more successful

3. Has more buzz and narrative

I think it’s true that almost nobody votes in the first round of voting since there were a lot of WTF nominees. Winners are way more predictable and Dua sadly doesn’t stand a chance. All awards till Grammys paid her dust, her numbers in US are average at best.

Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

and when haim wins? then what?

Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

sorry im contributing nothing of substance but at least i’m self aware !!! i’ll cry if the grammy goes to post malone tho ngl

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Yall forget that Dua is extremely popular outside the US. The US are not the center of the world. She was the biggest female artist worldwide in 2020. She’s one of the most streamed female artist globally, Don’t Start Now is the most streamed song of the year by a female artist, Future Nostalgia sold nearly 3 million album and have more than 3,8 billion stream only on Spotify. I don’t think the US Billboard is THAT relevant nowadays. Some of the biggest hits never reached the top 5 while some #1 songs have disappeared forever…

Grammys are pretty US-centric. Also Dua was the most streamed female artist WW simply because of the big singles (which is why I said she’ll sweep song, categories but not likely album categories.) If you take a look at streams folklore is doing much better album track wise. Lags behind single wise. And it’s been out for 4 less months. That shows that folklore is being consumed more as an album, while FN’s singles are carrying the album. But yes, Grammys tend to be pretty central to what the US is doing which is why we bring up US sales/charts.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Dua Sweeps or Dua goes home empty handed. Which is more likely?

Dua sweeping is more likely than walking home with nothing. However I think Dua will win 2-3 awards. Maybe 1 if  she doesn’t get the support she needed in the gf.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

and when haim wins? then what?

HAIM would have a chance if the BRP didn’t inject Coldplay into the mix. Coldplay will win rock/alt voters over HAIM as they are more established. However both seemed to be injected there when Jaime and FTBC were likely way more popular with alt/rock voters. I think HAIM winning would be only feasible if they run the table with rock and Taylor receives zero country or alt/rock support which is practically impossible, because there’s already a rock voter on twitter buzzing about folklore so that shows she at least has some support amongst that group.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

sorry im contributing nothing of substance but at least i’m self aware !!! i’ll cry if the grammy goes to post malone tho ngl

Rap voters hate him, pop voters hate him. No chance. I think he gets placed here by the BRP because it means he’ll perform.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking that Dua will sweep single category (Don’t Start Now) meanwhile Taylor will sweep album category and BPDGP which exile is stronger than One Day.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

HAIM would have a chance if the BRP didn’t inject Coldplay into the mix. Coldplay will win rock/alt voters over HAIM as they are more established. However both seemed to be injected there when Jaime and FTBC were likely way more popular with alt/rock voters. I think HAIM winning would be only feasible if they run the table with rock and Taylor receives zero country or alt/rock support which is practically impossible, because there’s already a rock voter on twitter buzzing about folklore so that shows she at least has some support amongst that group.

Bon Iver and Aaron definitely a factor in attracting votes fromeock committee.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking that Dua will sweep single category (Don’t Start Now) meanwhile Taylor will sweep album category and BPDGP which exile is stronger than One Day.

Same. I think cardigan has a slim chance at SOTY but overall my only firm bets are on folklore sweeping the album categories and exile winning. 3-4 for Taylor, and 2-3 for Dua sounds good.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

you are all seriously underestimating cardigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.