Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

HAIM would have a chance if the BRP didn’t inject Coldplay into the mix. Coldplay will win rock/alt voters over HAIM as they are more established. However both seemed to be injected there when Jaime and FTBC were likely way more popular with alt/rock voters. I think HAIM winning would be only feasible if they run the table with rock and Taylor receives zero country or alt/rock support which is practically impossible, because there’s already a rock voter on twitter buzzing about folklore so that shows she at least has some support amongst that group.

BRUH i didn’t even know coldplay released an album until i saw the nominees ngl. i guess we’ll see what happens but i’m still gonna hope for haim to be the underdog that somehow triumphs. ftbc did deserve better though !!!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Coldplay’s nomination is the nomination that PJ Harvey’s The Hope Six Demolition Project needed to get. The Grammys are topsy turvy.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’m not underestimating cardigan. Honestly, cardigan is superior than Don’t Start Now lyrically and should win SOTY but my concern is voters their lazy fat ass they tend to choose the same song for both ROTY and SOTY. But I remember that Thinking Out Loud won SOTY but lost ROTY.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I think this is what will happen this year. Taylor AOTY and SOTY, Dua or Pumas ROTY.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Cardigan made no noise there is no way it has a shot at winning

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

For the millionth time, it’s clear that grammy voters don’t care about lyrics in SOTY when they choose the winner and they’re getting lazier every year, that ROTY and SOTY will probably have the same winner.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

For the millionth time, it’s clear that grammy voters don’t care about lyrics in SOTY when they choose the winner and they’re getting lazier every year, that ROTY and SOTY will probably have the same winner.

Unfortunately this is true. Most of them don’t differentiate between ROTY and SOTY which is such a shame.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

I think the song we’re underestimating here is The Box. No chance of genre-splitting and a huge hit. cardigan is only seen as a frontrunner because it’s Taylor’s 5th nomination here and they may feel they need to reward it. Only thing going for cardigan is that folklore was well received and is getting a lot of academy love. It is unlikely, however more possible than some people think.

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

It’s interesting to note that there isn’t any country representation in SOTY either. Right now, I still think DSN will take both ROTY and SOTY but cardigan could pull an upset in the latter if she has enough support from country voters

FYC

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage Remix
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

The Box was nominated in the wrong category, it doesn’t have to do anything in SOTY, but it locks the win in Best Rap Song at least.

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

The Box was nominated in the wrong category, it doesn’t have to do anything in SOTY, but it locks the win in Best Rap Song at least.

I mean the fact that a sample of voice making the noise of a door was that popular deserves to be in SOTY

Albums of the Year:
    2020: After Hours (RU: folklore)
    2019: Titanic Rising (RU: Charli)
    2018: OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES (RU: You Won’t Get What You Want)
    2017: Saturation Trilogy (RU: Melodrama)
    2016: Blonde (RU: Blackstar)

2020 favorite albums:
    1. after hours
    2. folklore
    3. fetch the bolt cutters
    4. rtj4
    5. what’s your pleasure?
    6. circles
    7. windswept adan
    8. græ
    9. the slow rush
    10. sawayama
    11. the new abnormal
    12. lianne la havas
    13. women in music pt. iii

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Doesn’t particularly matter. It won’t suffer from vote splitting.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I actually predicted The Box in SOTY and not ROTY which was basically my only accurate prediction of the year

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Bad Bunny’s yo hago lo que me da la gana (Spotify’s most streamed album of 2020)

Roddy Ricch’s please excuse me for being antisocial (Apple Music’s most streamed album of 2020)

…my boys deserve

Profile picture
    takuswifty
    Topics:

I don’t see dua winning SOTY. Since I’m a swifty, I can tell which lyrics of cardigan are beautiful and have a deep meaning. But I’m not sure about DSN. Somebody please explain which part of DSN’s songwriting is exquisite enough to deserve to win SOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.