Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

GF should be best new artist producer of the year songwriter of the year song of the year album of the year

I really like the IDEA of Songwriter of the year.

only thing is i’d be even more pissed when artists like Kendrick, J.Cole, RTJ, etc get snubbed even though they are some of the best WRITERS in all of music.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

GF should be

songwriter of the year

song of the year

Horrendous idea. They would just go to the same person, more or less.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Just watched Dua’s Tiny Desk concert and wow. I’d be fine with her taking AOTY. I still want to Taylor to get one but Dua can take the rest if she wants.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    asuka
    Topics:

So what happens if the AOTY winner doesn’t show up? It’s a strong possibility Taylor won’t and she’s the current frontrunner.

In that case then a different winner may be awarded.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

The Box and everything I wanted are in the same category.

ur right they are also in SOTY, but what do they have to do with brilliant song writing

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Within the last 15 years SOTY has been awarded to two separate songs that faced plagiarism lawsuits. It’s not about the writing anymore, it’s just hits or sweeps.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Within the last 15 years SOTY has been awarded to two separate songs that faced plagiarism lawsuits. It’s not about the writing anymore, it’s just hits or sweeps.

which songs?

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

which songs?

Viva la Vida and Stay with Me. Even This is America had minor controversy over similarities to another song, though it ultimately didn’t lead to any action.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I don’t think Dua Lipa is winning AOTY, especially not over Taylor Swift. She overperformed on nominations day but history tells us that doesn’t always translate to Grammy wins.

If there’s going to be an upset I think it’ll be either the bigger pop album (Hollywood’s Bleeding) or a more obscure industry favorite (Jacob).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Jacob Collier is not Present in any year-end list of critics, apart a BRP driven option, there is 0 momentum of any type for him to win AOTY.  His nomination is criticized by multiple publications, just imagine what will happen if an N/A album without reviews win. There is no similar case of winner in Grammys history.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

To be honest, I think people are predicting Dua to win mainly because she overperformed on nominations. Her success is moderate and she’s not much of a big thing in the US.

I hardly see her beating a huge artist like Taylor Swift, who has a bigger and better received album. I could be wrong, but it seems very unlikely to me.

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Jacob Collier’s tiny desk concert is so, so, so good!!!

https://youtu.be/mJR6XSSKi-g

Profile picture
    gotportugal
    Topics:

Dua’s tiny desk is a master move, with a great choice of songs! nice. I still see this being Taylor’s game but Dua is not resting, go get that buzz!

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think it’s weird that Jacob Collier’s album has never been reviewed by critics. Even the really under-the-radar artists get reviewed all the time.

But that doesn’t really say much to its quality. The Grammys could upstart his career if a win was to somehow happen. I’d imagine critics and the general public would jump on his bandwagon quick just out of curiosity.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I think it’s weird that Jacob Collier’s album has never been reviewed by critics. Even the really under-the-radar artists get reviewed all the time. But that doesn’t really say much to its quality. The Grammys could upstart his career if a win was to somehow happen. I’d imagine critics and the general public would jump on his bandwagon quick just out of curiosity.

because his music and art is more technique than actual music. I can see how it turns off people. It can also be a strategy from his record label to keep him “obscure”.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.