Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

To be honest, I think people are predicting Dua to win mainly because she overperformed on nominations. Her success is moderate and she’s not much of a big thing in the US.

I hardly see her beating a huge artist like Taylor Swift, who has a bigger and better received album. I could be wrong, but it seems very unlikely to me.

People are only predicting Dua because they hate Taylor and seeing her win Album of the Year a third time will cause them to have a brain aneurysm. Some of the people rooting for Dua are the same people that called her album a generic, flop earlier this year. They are Weeknd fans angry about the snub.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

People are only predicting Dua because they hate Taylor and seeing her win Album of the Year a third time will cause them to have a brain aneurysm. Some of the people rooting for Dua are the same people that called her album a generic, flop earlier this year. They are Weeknd fans angry about the snub.

not everything revolves around taylor swift

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

Coincidentally, in the past few years, the only ceremonies in which all GF winners were different were in the years when Taylor Swift won Album of the Year (2010 & 2016).

*2010: Taylor (AOTY), Beyoncé (SOTY) Kings of Leon (ROTY) & Zac Brown Band (BNA) – (25% each).
    – 2011: Lady Antebellum (SOTY & ROTY) – (50%)
    – 2012: Adele (AOTY, SOTY & ROTY) – (75%)
    – 2013: Fun (SOTY & BNA) – (50%)
    – 2014: Daft Punk (AOTY & ROTY) – (50%)
    – 2015: Sam Smith (SOTY, ROTY & BNA) – (75%)
    *2016: Taylor (AOTY), Ed Sheeran (SOTY), Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars (ROTY) & Meghan Trainor (BNA) – (25% each).
    – 2017: Adele (AOTY, SOTY & ROTY) – (75%)
    – 2018: Bruno Mars (AOTY, SOTY & ROTY) – (75%)
    – 2019: Childish Gambino (SOTY & ROTY) – (50%)
    – 2020: Billie Eilish (AOTY, SOTY, ROTY & BNA) – (100%)

It may have been just a coincidence, but it is something that we must take into account.

2021: Taylor (AOTY), Dua (ROTY), Roddy (SOTY), Phoebe (BNA)

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage (Remix)
    SOTY: Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

You literally cannot predict anyone other than Taylor Swift in these forums anymore. 🙄

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

You literally cannot predict anyone other than Taylor Swift in these forums anymore. 🙄

these minions, I swear…

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Lol. Taylor is not winning everything. I have her with 2-3 awards.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

No shit Sherlock. Predict whomever you freaking want, after all that’s what this forum is all about. I just find it hilarious that the bandwagon has moved on to Dua, a girl who everyone here despised earlier in the year. This is coming from someone who is a huge Dua Lipa fan and who has stood by defending her best new artist win. Y’all are just gonna forget how much this forum dragged her when she won two years ago? A lot of you on here called her bland, generic, and undeserving. I doubt any of you would be riding so hard for Dua if Taylor wasn’t nominated. It’s hilarious!

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I don’t know how anyone’s opinion about the artist has to do with predicting them to win

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

2021: Taylor (AOTY), Dua (ROTY), Roddy (SOTY), Phoebe (BNA)

The Box is a total non-factor in SOTY.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Last year, Billie Eilish appeared on CBS Sunday Morning on Dec.8th. Final voting started the following day. This year, Dua Lipa booked the same slot and the final voting starts on Monday. Taylor should do more promo the coming days, the short GMA interview was nice and the Longpod studio sessions was a great way of speaking about Folklore, but we need something extra for mid-December, late December. I think the better commercial perfomance of Folklore and the higher critical acclaim on Year-end lists kinda gives a confidence in Taylor’s team, but she should go all-out the coming days in my opinion.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Last year, Billie Eilish appeared on CBS Sunday Morning on Dec.8th. Final voting started the following day. This year, Dua Lipa booked the same slot and the final voting starts on Monday.

I don’t think this says anything at all. you can’t compare billies era to duas.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Last year, Billie Eilish appeared on CBS Sunday Morning on Dec.8th. Final voting started the following day. This year, Dua Lipa booked the same slot and the final voting starts on Monday. Taylor should do more promo the coming days, the short GMA interview was nice and the Longpod studio sessions was a great way of speaking about Folklore, but we need something extra for mid-December, late December. I think the better commercial perfomance of Folklore and the higher critical acclaim on Year-end lists kinda gives a confidence in Taylor’s team, but she should go all-out the coming days in my opinion.

To be honest, I don’t think Dua’s promo will hurt Taylor’s chances in the album categories, but it can help her win the song categories that seem to be in dispute between her, Billie and Taylor.

At this point, the voters are already aware about Taylor’s album, have listened and have their opinion formed about what they think of the project. That’s why folkore received so many nominations.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

SEE, this is where you’re wrong

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

SEE, this is where you’re wrong

arrastrala perra!

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

Y’all act like there’s not a deadly pandemic going on. As a healthcare professional (currently on pseudo-lockdown in Minneapolis), I appreciate Taylor’s precautions during the year. She doesn’t need to do anything more than what she’s done.

……personally after Kendall Jenner’s party I’ve had a bad taste in my mouth for The Weeknd and I’m glad he got snubbed personally. I just wish there was correlation between the party and his lack of nominations.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.