Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 643 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Get real!  Folklore is NOT an Alternative album.  It’s bland Pop.  Delusional Swifties tell themselves anything.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Everyone saying a Folklore win will be a universally loved thing sounds dumb. However, I do feel like it’s the least controversial pick.

Jacob HAIM and Black Pumas are unknown. Dua and Jhenés albums weren’t big enough. Coldplays nom is TRASH. Post isn’t particularly respected outside of people who like his music. Taylor’s got a nice middle ground of having a pretty well liked album that’s also known. There’ll definitely be some backlash when (let’s be real, it’s not even an if at this point) Folklore wins, but that’ll be more residual anger over the 1989 win if anything

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

All of the Grammy backlash that actually matters has been (rightfully) directed at the Abel snub. From what I’ve been seeing, a lot of commentators have already accepted Swift’s win as something of an inevitability.

The real bloodbath is next year, with Beyoncé and Adele (and maybe even Kendrick) releases all on the horizon.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

To be honest, since Taylor is nominated for AOTY again, there will be a split winner this 63rd Grammys.

AOTY – folklore
    ROTY – Don’t Start Now
    SOTY – everything i wanted
    BNA – Phoebe Bridgers

P.S.: I will be repeat of 2010 Grammys.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Twitter backlash is nothing for taylor…pleasee

we literally survived 2016

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

we literally survived 2016

viral hate tweets once a week with 200k likes. This will be nothing ha

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    MKA2017
    Topics:

black pumas def isn’t winning, but I was surprised with how much I liked their album! Great duo

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

From what I’ve been seeing, a lot of commentators have already accepted Swift’s win as something of an inevitability. /quote]

Exactly. Everyone I’ve seen has predicted her as a leading contender to win and, if they didn’t pick her as their first choice, said that she would be a deserving winner who made a quality album. Of course there will be backlash but it’s not as though this is an album like reputation or Lover that had mixed reception.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, I realize Taylor Swift’s fans are white people.  But, my goodness!  There is no fucking way to justify Swift winning AOTY 3 times, while Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, etc. have NEVER won.  The racism is real!

Profile picture
    Aj Jennings
    Topics:

Plus add to the fact that it tells a lot that the Grammys are potentially choosing her to give  the honor to. They’ve literally avoided giving  Aretha (who was never nominated in GF), Joni, Beyoncé, Madonna, Bjork and Janet even one . All of these women were far more deserving especially during their prime. It’s not a shot at Taylor but at the entire Recording Academy. They purposely kicked out The Weeknd (not even a fan of his but it’s undeniable), Fiona and Harry just to make it all the more easier. And people actually call this nonsense “prestigious”?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

For the last time, they did not purposely kick out The Weeknd. It’s highly unlikely that he made the top 20, for whatever reason. That’s not corruption or them purposely kicking him out. Maybe it shows low participation and that the voting system is flawed but it’s not like they intentionally gave him zero noms.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

The Weekend and his high horse deserved that zero nomination

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

And people actually call this nonsense “prestigious”?

Someone said few posts ago that no one cares about Grammys except music freaks. I don’t know why you care so much award being prestigious or not.

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, even Stevie Wonder can see that The Weeknd was intentionally blocked in the General Field and purposely removed from the Pop Field.  The Grammys are rigga morris.  The excuses white people come up with to defend their precious Taylor Swift.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

And it’s so funny to me how you guys resort to calling her fans white unprovoked when most of us are Asians. Most of her fan base on twt is literally Asian. The world doesn’t revolve around America, please grow up.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.