Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 631 through 643 (of 643 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Yes. Y’all keep folklore winning in your duas.

Lemme Tahajjud right now and manifesting ✨

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

My dream scenario of the winners, which would also be very fitting of 2020, that would finally and rightfully get the Grammy’s canceled:

Best Pop Solo Performance: Yummy, by Justin Bieber
    Best Pop Vocal Album: Changes, by Justin Bieber
    Best Pop Duo/GP Performance: Intentions by Justin Bieber (feat. Quavo)
    Song of the Year: Black Parade
    Record of the Year: Black Parade
    Album of the Year: Coldplay – Everyday Life

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

I mean Grammy’s are fun to predict and all but it’s really not a merit for good music. Lana Del Rey and Nicki Minaj were undoubtedly the most influential female artists of the last decade and they have yet to win one while a lot of trash albums and songs have won.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

I mean Grammy’s are fun to predict and all but it’s really not a merit for good music. Lana Del Rey and Nicki Minaj were undoubtedly the most influential female artists of the last decade and they have yet to win one while a lot of trash albums and songs have won.

Nicki should get one for Pinkprint. Her releases after that all trash tho

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Nicki should get one for Pinkprint. Her releases after that all trash tho

I mean Pinkprint lost to TPAB so I’m not exactly devastated over those losses

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

I mean Pinkprint lost to TPAB so I’m not exactly devastated over those losses

She should’ve won Best New Artist. I like Bon Iver but Nicki influenced a new generation of female rappers.

For Lana’s case, it’s a shame that Born To Die wasn’t nominated for AOTY and Video Games for SOTY/ROTY. The album is still charting on Billboard 200 to this day and Video Games is believed to be one the best songs of the last decade by critics.

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

If Justin Bieber wins Pop Solo or Pop Vocal, the Grammys would become more of a laughing stock. Also, you cannot say The Weeknd had support. Justin Bieber literally got in with an R&B phased pop song and an “R&B” Album.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

For a Black person to win AOTY, I think they need to work with someone who is highly respected amongst the Grammy voters and has something musical up their sleeve. Just look at the past Black winners:

Childish Gambino w/ ROTY & SOTY: modern day renaissance man and a Swedish composer on production and songwriting credits

Lizzo & Lil Nas X: plays musical instruments and Lizzo is admired for her voice 

It think it will go like this: 

AOTY- Folklore (the amount of talent on here is unmatched by any album; Taylor, Dessner & Antonoff) are involved heavily in the project

ROTY- Don’t Start Now (Dua’s contribution to this new dance-pop crazed is still unmatched; Ian Kirkpatrick is the only producer: I would say Post Malone, but it does not have the genre support)

SOTY-Don’t Start Now (Again, I still have Cardigan because I’m hopeful, but there has never been a split song choice in ROTY & SOTY with the exception of one pop song winning Pop Solo and another winning Pop Duo. Taylor not getting into ROTY is a little suspicious. Post Malone not getting into his genre categories is suspicious. Dua seems likely to get these awards. Someone who can run up the numbers is Roddy Ricch in Rap Song. )

BNA- Phoebe Bridgers or Megan Thee Stallion (they love their huge campaigners and they love their indie darlings; I like both. Win-win for me.)

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, a black person will win AOTY when they get rid of these old white voter dudes.  #Diversity

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

Hot 100 Year End top lead female hits since 2010:
    2010: TiK ToK
    2011: Rolling In The Deep
    2012: Call Me Maybe
    2013: Just Give Me A Reason
    2014: Dark Horse
    2015: Blank Space
    2016: Work
    2017: Bodak Yellow
    2018: Meant to Be
    2019: Without Me
    2020: Don’t Start Now

The way the Grammys love disrespecting big female lead hits. 😪

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage (Remix)
    SOTY: Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

She should’ve won Best New Artist. I like Bon Iver but Nicki influenced a new generation of female rappers.

For Lana’s case, it’s a shame that Born To Die wasn’t nominated for AOTY and Video Games for SOTY/ROTY. The album is still charting on Billboard 200 to this day and Video Games is believed to be one the best songs of the last decade by critics.

This is what is so broken about BNA, you compare the careers of the nominees. Bon Iver and Nicki and well they’re really not in the same career paths (even though they both like had a song together). Bon Iver is still getting nominated and respected and Nikki isn’t exact giving us fantastic music at the moment.

But Best New Artist really is a stupid award that is based on potential rather than actual success. Now you have people like Noah Cyrus nominated which makes absolutely zero sense.

Profile picture
    KJS BEST GIRL
    Topics:

🥇 All Year-End lists where #folklore is #1 among the 2021 #GRAMMYs “Album of the Year” nominees:

#1 TIME
    #1 Rolling Stone
    #1 Billboard
    #1 UPROXX
    #1 Insider
    #1 LA Times
    #1 Complex
    #1 EW
    #1 Albumism
    #1 NY Times
    #1 Gigwise
    #1 Riff
    #1 Slate
    #1 Slant
    #1 AP
    #1 The Line Of Best Fit

Her promo.

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, this is NOT the Taylor Swift thread.  Take that bullshit to her thread.  YUCK!

Viewing 13 posts - 631 through 643 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.