Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The Oscars will probably end up changing the format if this pandemic continues the way it’s been going.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The way Fiona is at #1 and isn’t even nominated despite strong genre support… We truly got a 2020 edition of the Grammy nominations.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

The Oscars will have a presentation like the closing award ceremony of the Venice Film Festival at the very least. They’re too serious to do a virtual zoom type ceremony.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I’m starting to think this Grammys will turn into the “make-up for past snub” awards, which will result in… Album of the Year: Coldplay

2006 U2

2007 Dixie Chicks

2009 Robert Plant

2021 coldplay

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

I’m starting to think this Grammys will turn into the “make-up for past snub” awards, which will result in… Album of the Year: Coldplay (their nom came out of nowhere… so could their win! They are former winners of ROTY and SOTY, but never album) Record of the Year: Beyoncé (She’s a former SOTY winner, but not ROTY and this year she’s nominated twice in the category. Plus, this will likely be the last award of the night, giving off the illusion that she will be the ceremony’s “big winner”) Song of the Year: Taylor Swift (2-time AOTY winner has never won SOTY despite being best known for her songwriting. She will either win this or AOTY or both. They didn’t nominate her to snub her again… or else they would have pulled a “The Weeknd”).

Honey, I can definitely see Beyoncé winning Record of the Year; Coldplay winning Album of the Year; and Taylor Swift (BARF!) winning Song of the Year.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

How did a tribute album of jazz covers win aoty when Back To Black was nominated…

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

2006 U2

2007 Dixie Chicks

2009 Robert Plant

2021 coldplay

The Grammys are already losing relevance, They can’t risk giving AOTY to a barely relevant bands worst album 😶

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage (Remix)
    SOTY: Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

How did a tribute album of jazz covers win aoty when Back To Black was nominated…

Don’t ask me. The Grammys being idiots, I guess. If they wanted to avoid a sweep and spread the wealth a bit they could have given it to Kanye.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The way Fiona is at #1 and isn’t even nominated despite strong genre support… We truly got a 2020 edition of the Grammy nominations.

The BRP stopped the Fiona train to let Swift win. It’s pretty obvious at this point.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

If Coldplay had released an album with acclaim and actual support (not a BRP injected album that literally no one cared about) they could have won. This album got lukewarm reviews and may split it’s vote with HAIM’s slightly more acclaimed album. They’ll both be vying for the rock/alt voters, and even then folklore could snatch up some of those votes just because they messed up so much with rock/alt rep in the general field. Beyonce is a little more likely to get this award because “she’s historically lost in this category” but still it would be foolish to bet on it. The most realistic scenario would be Taylor for SOTY. Simply because she already has the strength this year to win it, but she’s lost it so many times with so many smash hits and critically acclaimed songs that they may feel they need to give it to her. But I still don’t think that’s why she would win. cardigan is a generally acclaimed song that has good writing and is easy on the ears. That could be why it wins.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

I’m just wondering, when did people start hating coldplay so much? Last I remember, they were putting out hops and everyone loved them.

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

The BRP stopped the Fiona train to let Swift win. It’s pretty obvious at this point.

I think the BRP also may have a problem with Fiona saying that she doesn’t give a crap about the Grammys. Why would they want to give AOTY to someone they know probably won’t show up, even if that’s wrong.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I still think Taylor could’ve had a serious chance of winning even with Fiona in the mix. This kind of meddling from the BRP was totally unnecessary and will hurt Taylor more than actually help her. Because now when she wins, people are going to be like “they set it up for her to win”, rather than view it as a legitimate win.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

I still think Taylor could’ve had a serious chance of winning even with Fiona in the mix. This kind of meddling from the BRP was totally unnecessary and will hurt Taylor more than actually help her. Because now when she wins, people are going to be like “they set it up for her to win”, rather than view it as a legitimate win.

trust me … nobody thinks this outside of goldderby. it’s only you guys who think the brp set taylor to win (as if she wasn’t a front runner already before the noms!?)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Also regarding After Hours, this is quite interesting that there is a public reaction in the form of consumption:

“The ongoing wall-to-wall fallout from The Weeknd’s incomprehensible absence from the 2021 Grammy nominations has resulted in a resurgence of interest in his critical and commercial triumph, After Hours. Following the Recording Academy’s puzzling attempt to create an alternate reality, numerous current fans have revisited the album, its flagship smash “Blinding Lights” and other tracks, while newbies have been inspired to see what all the fuss is about.

Total activity on the album, released in March on XO/Republic, increased 12% to 22.4k for the week ending 11/26—most of this action occurring during the two days after the historic snub. Downloads of tracks from the album were up 53%, audio streams rose by 10% and video views increased 32%.

– HDD

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.