Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 643 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Most of pop artists minus Taylor and 1 or 2 belong to this description. This is how the music industry works. I agree Folklore should be recognized for its self-made nature. It is actually a project of 3 people(Taylor,Jack,Aarron and JOE) and help of the mixers. We kinda highlighted the singer/songwriter/producer element of Folklore will score points for Grammys and I still believe it will matter.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honestly…Dua’s album was made in writing camps with different producers and then put together by her and she made some changes with other songwriters. She doesn’t deserve AOTY and I think that the voters will see that she is one of the biggest label-pushed fabricated artists out there. It’s the hard truth. Dua is very nice and a good person but she’s nothing more than a hit-after-hit machine for her label that spends milions of money for her promo.

just say you’re worried she can beat taylor and go

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Honestly…Dua’s album was made in writing camps with different producers and then put together by her and she made some changes with other songwriters. She doesn’t deserve AOTY and I think that the voters will see that she is one of the biggest label-pushed fabricated artists out there. It’s the hard truth. Dua is very nice and a good person but she’s nothing more than a hit-after-hit machine for her label that spends milions of money for her promo.

this!! like there‘s nothing against artists like that BUT if you compare dua to the other albums nominated then I just feel like an album like fn just isn’t the album that should win

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

the way in which folklore was made is obviously impressive, but that doesn’t mean artists can’t make great projects using a variety of writers and producers and camps. at the end of the day dua had control over what went in her album, the concept was also hers, she should be credited and acknowledged

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

in the end it‘s just a subjective thing. some people want great production and hit after hit and others like myself prefer albums with personal lyrics and storytelling where you feel like you‘re really listening to something personal and getting to know the artists, relate to them etc

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

the way in which folklore was made is obviously impressive, but that doesn’t mean artists can’t make great projects using a variety of writers and producers and camps. at the end of the day dua had control over what went in her album, the concept was also hers, she should be credited and acknowledged

No because even I and everybody could make a great album if we were offered great songs. The fact is that you can’t see who is a real artist and who is a payolad playlisted cash cow for her label. It’s obvious that Dua has no actual personality and no actual talent besides singing and performing which are both nothing special at all. They just care about the charts. But every real musicians can see that she is the definition of basic label-pushed pop star.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

No because even I and everybody could make a great album if we were offered great songs. The fact is that you can’t see who is a real artist and who is a payolad playlisted cash cow for her label. It’s obvious that Dua has no actual personality and no actual talent besides singing and performing which are both nothing special at all. They just care about the charts. But every real musicians can see that she is the definition of basic label-pushed pop star.

And what talents do you have ? Did you made any great record that was nominated for Album of the year. ?  It doesn’t work that way, lol. Other hire an army of skilled songwriters and you get a trash record. The songwriters in FN have worked with many others from Selena Gomez to Katy Perry and Demi Lovato.

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

This FN is bootcamp’d narrative again? Oh lord… Imagine how tired we are. Just accept that not every singer wants to do the same as Taylor and get on with it. folklore or FN would both be deserving of a win for different reasons.

Anyway, I love that for a second year in a row we have two female front runners for AOTY. If anything there’s a huge female representation in the GF and I’d argue that it was women who ruled 2020, so the BRP at least got one thing right.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

I love how pressed all Swifties are haha

Go get those grammys, Dua!!!

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

FN is great and would be a fantastic winner
    And would do something not Madonna nor Gaga could do

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Also regarding After Hours, this is quite interesting that there is a public reaction in the form of consumption:

“The ongoing wall-to-wall fallout from The Weeknd’s incomprehensible absence from the 2021 Grammy nominations has resulted in a resurgence of interest in his critical and commercial triumph, After Hours. Following the Recording Academy’s puzzling attempt to create an alternate reality, numerous current fans have revisited the album, its flagship smash “Blinding Lights” and other tracks, while newbies have been inspired to see what all the fuss is about.

Total activity on the album, released in March on XO/Republic, increased 12% to 22.4k for the week ending 11/26—most of this action occurring during the two days after the historic snub. Downloads of tracks from the album were up 53%, audio streams rose by 10% and video views increased 32%.

– HDD

ngl, I’ve been listening to Blinding Lights and After Hours (song) ever since the snub

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

HDD should post their predictions for Grammys 2021. It is been 8 days since the noms.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Future nostalgia would be a very deserving winner. It’s one of the best album of past few years.

Those who are discrediting dua can go f*ck themselves.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Future nostalgia would be a very deserving winner. It’s one of the best album of past few years. Those who are discrediting dua can go f*ck themselves.

I’ll go fuck myself I guess!!!

The only award Dua deserves even a little bit is ROTY. Don’t Start Now is amazing. But Colors is there. But Colors is from 2019 before the cutoff date. Hummmmmm. I must ponder.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

BTW is Dua the most successful post-BNA artiste? Billie made ROTY and SOTY but we’ll know until her next album if she is nominated across the board again.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 643 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.