Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 599 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
rue
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

It happened before with “Thinking Out Loud”

Thinking out Loud was also nominated for Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Taylor will win at most 3. Cardigan is not winning anything.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

A bit of campaigning from Jacob Collier for his Grammy-nominated song All I Need

Profile picture
    TobiasBuck
    Topics:

So do we feel like anyone else will follow this? Also do we think the Weeknd would have still said it’s rigged if he had been nominated? There were plenty of opportunities for that discourse before. I feel like there would be zero discussion around this if that one person had been nominated, which screams selective outrage to me. Not that I agree with every decision made by the grammys (look at the Justin nominations… honoring excellence my ass) but that just rubs me the wrong way.

If the Weeknd scored 6 noms, he would have posted a thank you i feel honored post on Twitter. Had he won a few later, he would not be shy to pose with the trophies for the press.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfork.com/news/grammys-2021-childrens-music-nominees-ask-to-withdraw-from-category-protesting-lack-of-diversity/amp/ So its NOT just The Weeknd who sees a problem hmmmmmm

The problem The Weeknd saw: He not being nominated.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

So do we feel like anyone else will follow this? Also do we think the Weeknd would have still said it’s rigged if he had been nominated? There were plenty of opportunities for that discourse before. I feel like there would be zero discussion around this if that one person had been nominated, which screams selective outrage to me. Not that I agree with every decision made by the grammys (look at the Justin nominations… honoring excellence my ass) but that just rubs me the wrong way.

Perhaps YOU haven’t been paying attention. But there was outrage when Beyonce lost to Beck. Kanye went on an entire rant directly after the ceremony because of it. There was outrage when Kendrick lost to Mackemore in 2013 for Best Rap Album and outrage when he lost in 2016 and 2018. Frank Ocean refused to submit Blonde for consideration citing A bias against black performers amongst the Grammy committee.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/grammys/7693423/beyonce-grammys-loss-criticism/

Tiffanny Haddish literally complained about being asked to host the pre-Gammy telecast and being told she’d have to cover ALL of her own expenses

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/music/tiffany-haddish-says-she-turned-down-hosting-2021-grammys-pre-show-over-financial-stipulations/%3famp=true

So again this isn’t something that was dreamed up yesterday. It has been an ongoing cultural and racial bias against the very BLACK musicians who, frankly, stand at the forefront of innovation when it comes to popular music. The reason the Weeknd and citing corruption and other artists are standing by him, is because the snubbing of him from ANY nominations despite the clear critical and MASSIVE financial success of the album, might be the MOST egregious example of racial intolerance by the committee in recent memory.

For you its “selective” outrage. For the many black artists who’ve been putting up with it since the ceremony’s inception its the chickens coming home to roost.

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, delusional Swifties think “Cardigan” is winning both categories.  It’s NOT.

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, black artists should NOT submit to or attend the Grammys anymore.  The Grammys only honor the best in white music.  #GrammysSoWhite

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

Honey, black artists should NOT submit to or attend the Grammys anymore. The Grammys only honor the best in white music. #GrammysSoWhite

They don’t even honor the best in white music :/, but yeah the lack of black AOTY winners is embarrassing and I hope this decade is not full of white AOTY winners.

BP: Nomadland
    BD: Chloé Zhao (Nomadland)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Honey, black artists should NOT submit to or attend the Grammys anymore. The Grammys only honor the best in white music. #GrammysSoWhite

Black artists should put more significance on award shows that celebrate our culture. Opposed to seeking acceptance from an industry that never favored us in the first place.

There used to be a time when winning a Soul Train, BET, Source, Vibe, or Image award was a major deal.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

this pitchfork feature about FTBC getting a perfect 10 grade is very interesting

https://pitchfork.com/features/podcast/fiona-apples-perfect-10/

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Why swifties put Cardigan as a front runner in SOTY… that song made no noise. “I can’t Breathe” is a stronger contender.

is this your first Grammy cycle?

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

i still don’t see cardigan winning soty. like at all. maybe pop solo but even then i still think dua will take that. evermore increases her chances for pop album, pop duo and aoty. the three she already had a good shot at.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

If Taylor couldn’t win 5-6 GRAMMYs with a huge pop era like 1989, then she isn’t sweeping with folklore.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

I think Taylor continues to lead here. Dua is second and it wouldn’t be too shocking if she won, but at this point all eyes are on Taylor right now. folklore’s now near equally acclaimed “sister” is helping folklore rise on the charts and stay fresh in voters minds. Her Grammy campaign has been stellar.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.