Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 599 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
rue
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

If Taylor couldn’t win 5-6 GRAMMYs with a huge pop era like 1989, then she isn’t sweeping with folklore.

If Taylor couldn’t win 5-6 GRAMMYs with a huge pop era like 1989, then she isn’t sweeping with folklore.

We do have to remember that most recent sweeps in history have not been done by pure-pop albums. 1989 was truly lucky to walk away with AOTY because pure-pop tends to faire badly at the Grammys. So there is some sort of chance that folklore can win 4-5 (if she’s having an amazing night) awards. Also we have to remember that Thinking Out Loud and Uptown Funk were bigger hits than Blank Space (maybe not more memorable, but at the time bigger on the charts) so that’s what I think prevented Taylor from sweeping.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

We do have to remember that most recent sweeps in history have not been done by pure-pop albums. 1989 was truly lucky to walk away with AOTY because pure-pop tends to faire badly at the Grammys. So there is some sort of chance that folklore can win 4-5 (if she’s having an amazing night) awards. Also we have to remember that Thinking Out Loud and Uptown Funk were bigger hits than Blank Space (maybe not more memorable, but at the time bigger on the charts) so that’s what I think prevented Taylor from sweeping.

I was truly shocked when 1989 won Album of the Year. I thought she was only taking the two from the pre-telecast. Up until that year no “pure pop albums” with top 40 hits.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

They don’t even honor the best in white music :/, but yeah the lack of black AOTY winners is embarrassing and I hope this decade is not full of white AOTY winners.

Honey, this decade will be full of white AOTY winners since voting membership is comprised of old white dudes.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Black artists should put more significance on award shows that celebrate our culture. Opposed to seeking acceptance from an industry that never favored us in the first place. There used to be a time when winning a Soul Train, BET, Source, Vibe, or Image award was a major deal.

Honey, it’s the need for validation.  Black artists have been told that winning a Grammy is the end-all-be-all.

Mo’Nique mentioned that everyone asked her how does it feel to win an Oscar.  She said no one asked her how does it feel to win an Image Award.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

I think evermore is gonna perk a lot of voters to swing her way for folklore. They’re getting similar reviews and what not.

If folklore loses evermore will be waiting for next year. If she wins evermore will be lucky to be nominated.

At this point it’s turning into “when” and not “if” Taylor wins a 3rd time. Especially if she’s popping out critically acclaimed albums every five or six months.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

AOTY – Folklore

ROTY – Savage

SOTY- Cardigan

BNA – Megan

Best Pop Solo – Cardigan / DSN

Best Pop Duo – Exile

Best Pop Vocal Album – Folklore

Best Rap Performance – Savage

Best Rap Song – Savage

Best Music Video – Brown Skin Girl

Best Music Film – Black Is King

Best Song Written For Visual Midia – Taylor/Billie

that’s how I think

Profile picture
    Jerry
    Topics:

Why swifties put Cardigan as a front runner in SOTY… that song made no noise. “I can’t Breathe” is a stronger contender.

Top 24 users also seem to think Taylor will win. I personally don’t (even though I’m a fan) think she’ll win. But there’s a fair amount of fans and non-fans who think she will.

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, the top 24 users on here are delusional Swifties.  Of course they think “Cardigan” will win.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Jacob Collier is extremely loved by the musicianship part of the Grammys. Personally, he’s the best Blue Ribbon pick in years. It honestly should be a conversation between: folklore, Future Nostalgia, Djesse Vol. 3, and Women in Music. I’m not a fan of the others.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Perhaps YOU haven’t been paying attention. But there was outrage when Beyonce lost to Beck. Kanye went on an entire rant directly after the ceremony because of it. There was outrage when Kendrick lost to Mackemore in 2013 for Best Rap Album and outrage when he lost in 2016 and 2018. Frank Ocean refused to submit Blonde for consideration citing A bias against black performers amongst the Grammy committee. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/grammys/7693423/beyonce-grammys-loss-criticism/ Tiffanny Haddish literally complained about being asked to host the pre-Gammy telecast and being told she’d have to cover ALL of her own expenses https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/music/tiffany-haddish-says-she-turned-down-hosting-2021-grammys-pre-show-over-financial-stipulations/%3famp=true So again this isn’t something that was dreamed up yesterday. It has been an ongoing cultural and racial bias against the very BLACK musicians who, frankly, stand at the forefront of innovation when it comes to popular music. The reason the Weeknd and citing corruption and other artists are standing by him, is because the snubbing of him from ANY nominations despite the clear critical and MASSIVE financial success of the album, might be the MOST egregious example of racial intolerance by the committee in recent memory. For you its “selective” outrage. For the many black artists who’ve been putting up with it since the ceremony’s inception its the chickens coming home to roost.

That’s not at all what I was talking about. I have followed the Grammys for a while now as well as the music industry in general. I was talking about the weeknd specifically. Only speaking now and screaming rigged that he didn’t get nominated while being a past winner. It’s not like there was vocal outrage from him when Kendrick or Beyoncé lost or when any other nomination snubs occurred. I am well aware of the Grammys’ fuck-ups or so-called fuck-ups because people seem to forget that this is an award voted on by a specific voting body and only reflects what these people in particular like + another influence being tiny committees that influence what gets nominated and what not. More people should go the Frank Ocean route if they feel like it’s not fair (which again, what in life is fair?) and I’m surprised not more have done it already.

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now is a way bigger and memorable hit than cardigan. I just feel like swifties are deluding themselves into thinking the Grammys are gonna break their streak of giving SOTY to hit songs just for Taylor, but they’re definitely not even if she’s overdue. She’s only winning 3.

BP: Nomadland
    BD: Chloé Zhao (Nomadland)

Profile picture
    lveitrim
    Topics:

I listened to “Women In Music: Pt III” by HAIM the day before “evermore” was released and I have to say it’s a great album.

I still think it’s between “folklore” and “Future Nostalgia” with a ‘dark horse’ win being “Chilombo”.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Gold-derby, SportBettingDime, HDD predict Folklore to win Album of the year with Future Nostalgia being second in contention.

Why Folklore will win AOTY explained:

1. The album moved over 2m units in USA(most successful nominee after Post Malone)

2. The album is the career highlight from critical acclaim point of view for Taylor. It is the first time Taylor is top5 on AOTY.org aggregate Albums Year-end list.

3. Weak competition, if we look at year-end lists, Folklore is deemed the critical darling this season(followed closely by FN and Women in Music Pt.III) and at the same time the Second commercial favorite(after Post Malone). This creates a very comfortable space for Folklore against other options.

4. Evermore released during final voting, the sister album reminds voters of the qualities found in Folklore.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.