Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 599 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
rue
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Black artists should put more significance on award shows that celebrate our culture. Opposed to seeking acceptance from an industry that never favored us in the first place.

There used to be a time when winning a Soul Train, BET, Source, Vibe, or Image award was a major deal.

Until these award shows 1) expand their categories past R&B/gospel/rap 2) stop being messy for clickbait (BET i’m talking to you) this will never happen

it’s also continually messed up that some of the biggest, most acclaimed, most impactful, etc. artists in the industry should expect nothing from the Grammys just because they’re black. they are still in the music industry and in a just world would get their dues at both black and industry award shows.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Folklore is the closest she’s coming to a third AOTY. If she doesn’t with folklore then I don’t think it’s ever happening. Evermore, while critically acclaimed hasn’t matched upto folklore’s standards and a lot of its success- critical and commercial is coming from folklore itself, it’s riding on the folklore wave.

evermore was not praised as much as folklore but is already on track to be the second best album of Taylor’s career.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

I agree, Taylor has minimal chances in SOTY. For the voters; SOTY= ROTY and that won’t be changing no matter how overdue you think Taylor is. Her best chance was Blank Space.

a short history of what really happens in SOTY and ROTY.

2010 – different songs winning

2011 – same song winning

2012 – same song winning

2013 – different songs winning

2014 – different songs winning

2015 – same song winning

2016 – different songs winning

2017 – same song winning

2018 – different songs winning

2019 – same song winning

2020 – same song winning

definitely SOTY and ROTY are not the same. some years are a single winner others are different winners.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Period!! Black artists sticking to their own cultural award shows is screaming segregation to me. The grammys need to be made more inclusive and diverse if they’re claiming to represent the entire music industry.

I don’t really expect this to happen, but the argument that black artists are wrong for caring about the Grammys is just aggravating. And I’ve said this before, but some black artists DO have a better track record at the Grammys than BET, Soul Train, etc. so telling them not to care is even weirder.

Ultimately I agree that black artists should accept the Grammys for what they are and move on, but it will take a massive culture shift for that to happen. And like I said above, a black award show that’s genre inclusive needs to happen as well.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

2010 – different songs winning

Single Ladies only won SOTY and didn’t win ROTY, because it wasn’t submitted there.

2013 – different songs winning

Somebody That I Used To Know won ROTY, but lost SOTY because it wasn’t nominated there. The SOTY winner was nominated in both categories.

2014 – different songs winning

Get Lucky won ROTY, but lost SOTY because it wasn’t nominated there. The SOTY winner was nominated in both categories.

2016 – different songs winning

Uptown Funk won ROTY, but lost SOTY because it wasn’t nominated there. The SOTY winner was nominated in both categories.

2018 – different songs winning

That’s What I Like only won SOTY and didn’t win ROTY, because it wasn’t submitted there.

The grammy voters have always intented to award ROTY and SOTY to the same song, but only in those two escenarios, they chose different winners.

Profile picture
    XS
    Topics:

AOTY: folklore by Taylor Swift

ROTY: Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa

SOTY: everything i wanted by Billie Eilish

BNA: Megan Thee Stallion (or Phoebe Bridgers, really close imo)

Every time Taylor has won AOTY, there have different winners in the general field, so I’m predicting the same thing to happen next year.

BP: Nomadland
    BD: Chloé Zhao (Nomadland)

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

AOTY: folklore by Taylor Swift

ROTY: Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa

SOTY: everything i wanted by Billie Eilish

BNA: Megan Thee Stallion (or Phoebe Bridgers, really close imo)

Every time Taylor has won AOTY, there have different winners in the general field, so I’m predicting the same thing to happen next year.

i like this but Miss Dua is definitely taking both song and Record. Billie is only taking Song for visual media.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is winning 6 Grammys.  She will tie Adele and Beyoncé’s record for the most wins in one night by a solo female artist.  NOT!  BARF!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If Taylor couldn’t win 5-6 GRAMMYs with a huge pop era like 1989, then she isn’t sweeping with folklore.

I totally agree that folklore isn’t nearly as big as 1989 but I feel like the competition this year is so weak that she can easily outperform 1989 Grammy-wise.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Just saw a Grammy commercial during the Seahawks Game with Dua Lipa. Good sis Dua coming for a sweep! 😭

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

haim is taking home aoty idc what anyone else has to say!!!! and it will be truly iconic

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

how i’m feeling currently:

AOTY:
    frontrunner – folklore
    runner up – future nostalgia
    wildcards – women in music III or chilombo

ROTY:
    frontrunner – dont start now
    runner up – savage remix
    wildcards – circles or everything i wanted

SOTY:
    frontrunner – dont start now
    runner up – cardigan
    wildcards – everything i wanted, i can’t breathe or black parade

BNA:
    frontrunner – megan thee stallion
    runner up – doja cat
    wildcard – pheobe bridgers (i actually think she’s more likely than doja but seems like more of a wildcard pick … if that makes sense)

BPSP:
    frontrunner – don’t start now
    runner up – cardigan
    wildcard – everything i wanted or watermelon sugar

BPVA:
    frontrunner – folklore
    runner up – future nostalgia
    wildcard: fine line

BPDGP:
    frontrunner – exile
    runner up – rain on me
    wildcard – dynamite
    (i’m very split between exile and rom)

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

how i’m feeling currently: AOTY: frontrunner – folklore runner up – future nostalgia wildcards – women in music III or chilombo ROTY: frontrunner – dont start now runner up – savage remix wildcards – circles or everything i wanted SOTY: frontrunner – dont start now runner up – cardigan wildcards – everything i wanted, i can’t breathe or black parade BNA: frontrunner – megan thee stallion runner up – doja cat wildcard – pheoebe bridgers (i actually think she’s more likely than doja but seems like more of a wildcard pick … if that makes sense) BPSP: frontrunner – don’t start now runner up – cardigan wildcard – everything i wanted or watermelon sugar BPVA: frontrunner – folklore runner up – future nostalgia wildcard: fine line BPDGP: frontrunner – exile runner up – rain on me wildcard – dynamite (i’m very split between exile and rom)

seems about right

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Get real!  Haim is NOT winning Album of the Year.  YUCK!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.