Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 630 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Gucci
rue
  • Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

I don’t think Swift needs to have a majority of other voting bodies on her side as much as she just needs enough of them to overcome Future Nostalgia’s possible advantage among pop voters.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I am loving that Album of the Year is NOT a slam-dunk for Ms. Swift.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

First half this forum tried to convince everyone that the BRP set Taylor up for a guaranteed win, and now those same people are saying that the race is not a slam dunk (which it never was).

Interesting how their points change depending on how they can come for Taylor.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

According to the combined odds for previous years (as of January 4th), these were the predicted winners for the General Field categories:

2013 (2/3)

• AOTY: Babel
    • ROTY: We Are Young
    • SOTY: We Are Young
    • BNA: (no record)

2014 (2/4)

• AOTY: The Heist
    • ROTY: Royals
    • SOTY: Royals
    • BNA: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

2015 (3/4)

• AOTY: Beyoncé
    • ROTY: Stay With Me
    • SOTY: Stay With Me
    • BNA: Sam Smith

2016 (2/4)

• AOTY: 1989
    • ROTY: Uptown Funk
    • SOTY: Blank Space
    • BNA: James Bay

2017 (3/4)

• AOTY: Lemonade
    • ROTY: Hello
    • SOTY: Hello
    • BNA: Chance the Rapper

2018 (1/4)

2019 (2/4)

• AOTY: Golden Hour
    • ROTY: This Is America
    • SOTY: Shallow
    • BNA: H.E.R.

2020 (3/4)

• AOTY: WWAFA,WDWG?
    • ROTY: Old Town Road
    • SOTY: Bad Guy
    • BNA: Billie Eilish

… and this is how it’s currently going:

• AOTY: folklore
    • ROTY: Don’t Start Now
    • SOTY: cardigan
    • BNA: Megan Thee Stallion

So basically 2 of these will be wrong. We know cardigan isn’t winning song of the year. So it’s either AOTY or BNA that’s gonna be wrong.

Profile picture
    TobiasBuck
    Topics:

First half this forum tried to convince everyone that the BRP set Taylor up for a guaranteed win, and now those same people are saying that the race is not a slam dunk (which it never was). Interesting how their points change depending on how they can come for Taylor.

Watch out when the night shapes up for Taylor winning early BPVA and later collects AOTY. People will QUICKLY forget about the fact that it was a competitive AOTY win. They will run the narrative that everything was set up exclusively for her, Dua/Jacob 100% non factors in the race.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Dua Lipa has a clear path to victory .

From the voters that have expressed their opinions online, all of them so far are pro Dua, can we take that as an indication that there is passion for her?

Reggea/dance pop/metal/electronic/ global/ hip hop voters will go all the way for her. Rnb voters who will want to vote outside their blocks will vote for her too .

Alternative voters will split their votes between Haim and Taylor, Americana voters voting outside their block will vote for Taylor, I think Taylor definitely has the country vote, though she may split it with Haim and coldplay.All this still wont be enough to defeat Dua. The fact that she has won twice already wont help either.

But looking at the Grammy history it isn’t just as easy as which block will vote for who otherwise based on my assumptions, Beyonce, Damn, Lemonade,would have all won.its also fair to note that apart from Beyonce, the albums listed above lost to albums with big hits just like Dua and from respected musicians.

Taylor could very well go 0 to 6, I think her strongest bet is Exile and that’s where I see it winning.

I am also not counting Taylor out yet, I just realised Kacey musgraves won AOTY without getting SOTY and ROTY nomination , folklore is a songwriting tour de force and that might secure her the voters who are all about artistry and songwriting, and I think producers who will vote for jack Antanoff will vote for her too

The biggest thing going for Taylor is that hers is the best album and biggest album in this bunch and at the end of the day that might be what matters most

My predictions

AOTY:

Will win: Future nostalgia

Should win; Folklore

ROTY

will win; DSN

should win;colors

SOTY

Will win; I cant breathe

Should win;I cant breathe

Pop categories

Dua will sweep apart from BPDGP

Exile wins

Sorry, but this is wrong. Coldplay does not have country support because Coldplay only has rock/alternative and pop. Also, there’s no way that Taylor is going winless. She will win at least 2 or 4 the max. AOTY is almost 90% going to be awarded to folklore. End of discussion.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

So basically 2 of these will be wrong. We know cardigan isn’t winning song of the year. So it’s either AOTY or BNA that’s gonna be wrong.

For me, it could be SOTY and BNA that could be wrong. Another possibility is BNA and ROTY where Phoebe and Billie wins.

Profile picture
    thirdgrammyaoty
    Topics:

Dua Lipa has a clear path to victory .

From the voters that have expressed their opinions online, all of them so far are pro Dua, can we take that as an indication that there is passion for her?

Reggea/dance pop/metal/electronic/ global/ hip hop voters will go all the way for her. Rnb voters who will want to vote outside their blocks will vote for her too .

Alternative voters will split their votes between Haim and Taylor, Americana voters voting outside their block will vote for Taylor, I think Taylor definitely has the country vote, though she may split it with Haim and coldplay.All this still wont be enough to defeat Dua. The fact that she has won twice already wont help either.

But looking at the Grammy history it isn’t just as easy as which block will vote for who otherwise based on my assumptions, Beyonce, Damn, Lemonade,would have all won.its also fair to note that apart from Beyonce, the albums listed above lost to albums with big hits just like Dua and from respected musicians.

Taylor could very well go 0 to 6, I think her strongest bet is Exile and that’s where I see it winning.

I am also not counting Taylor out yet, I just realised Kacey musgraves won AOTY without getting SOTY and ROTY nomination , folklore is a songwriting tour de force and that might secure her the voters who are all about artistry and songwriting, and I think producers who will vote for jack Antanoff will vote for her too

The biggest thing going for Taylor is that hers is the best album and biggest album in this bunch and at the end of the day that might be what matters most

My predictions

AOTY:

Will win: Future nostalgia

Should win; Folklore

ROTY

will win; DSN

should win;colors

SOTY

Will win; I cant breathe

Should win;I cant breathe

Pop categories

Dua will sweep apart from BPDGP

Exile wins

this is one of the biggest advantage for taylor lol, rnb, hip-hop, global, pop voters, etc are too splitted between nominees it’s giving taylor a big margin in the end. they aren’t all going for dua because they have their own genre album nominated in AOTY

while taylor has rallied most (i’m not saying all, some might’ve gone to HAIM and coldplay and pls its not like they stood a chance in this category anyway)- alt, rock, country, americana voters, etc which are barely splitted between nominees. and taylor still has big support from pop voters

Profile picture
    Dylan George
    Topics:

My thoughts:

Record of the Year: Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa
    Album of the Year: Folklore by Taylor Swift
    Song of the Year: Cardigan by Taylor Swift
    Best New Artist: Megan Thee Stallion

I truly think that Dua and Taylor will each walk away with awards in the General and Pop Fields. It is widely agreed that they released the two best project of the year (along with The Weeknd). Future Nostalgia is a more enjoyable listen than Folklore, but Folklore is a more well-rounded album with more interesting elements. For Song of the Year I also chose Cardigan over Don’t Start Now because it seems like a crime against humanity that the most prolific songwriter of our time has never won the songwriter award at the Grammys. Honestly, as long as Dua and Taylor both win a few awards I’ll be happy.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Final round voting for 63rd Grammys will end in less than 13 hours from now.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I could see Taylor going 1-2/6 in the case that Collier upsets for AOTY and/or that Dua Lipa wins Pop Vocal. I think at the very least she’ll win fof Exile though.

Country voters are most likely going Taylor, with a couple going for Dua and Black Pumas. IDK why HAIM would get country votes.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

From BRP blocking Taylor to setting her for easy victory to no slam-dunk win. Gucci’s mind is more unstable than Azealia Banks , I afraid.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

What are you predicting?

I’m still predicting Eillish.

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia will win AOTY. And I hope Taylor wins SOTY for Cardigan, she deserves that award the most and is long overdue.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.