Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 630 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Cardi B
rue
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Country shows ALWAYS get 9-10 million audience every year. Yet they had only had 6+ million this year. Do the math And with the tweet interaction VMAs were really the s*** before. The Beyonce pregnancy announcement, the Miley Cyrus twerk. A lot of tweet records from them. This is just again return to form. This wasn’t really something special for them.

And VMAs were broadcasted in more Channels. You sound like a broken record at this point. All award shows are falling year to year, VMAs just added more networks to make the fall seem smaller.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Taylor swift is still winning by the way. Lol. Congrats. Great effort from her. That ain’t changing by ratings.

Profile picture
    thirdgrammyaoty
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

And VMAs were broadcasted in more Channels. You sound like a broken record at this point. All award shows are falling year to year, VMAs just added more networks to make the fall seem smaller.

it’s also not going to help the Grammys ratings if the artists performing are the same ones they’ve performed a lot of times this year now with the same pre-recorded stage. And it’s time to accept that Taylor, Dua, and Meg will rule the Grammys this year not the ones like Jacob Collier.</p>

Profile picture
    bs87
    Topics:
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>

“a lot longer than a year” that doesn’t really help their case. and if they’ve been here for a decade and half the things they been doing is hating on taylor with no valid point why then that’s just embarrassing really

Yes, but Gucci doesn’t care. They like to pop into the Taylor thread seemingly daily, with negative posts. There’s never a response from them when questioned; it’s confusing.

Profile picture
    thirdgrammyaoty
    Topics:

Yes, but Gucci doesn’t care. They like to pop into the Taylor thread seemingly daily, with negative posts. There’s never a response from them when questioned; it’s confusing.

One thing for certain is if you ask these type of people for their last.fm ot spotifystats taylor will be in their top 5 most streamed artists

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

Don’t spend too much time about analyzing the campaign, critic reviews, charts and thinking about stuff like pop/rock/country, votes and Grammy darlings. Just focus on what album/song defined 2020 in US and you’ll get the best objective predictions. Grammys are predictable. When you have 10.000+ voters it matter which songs/albums are the most universally loved and reached the most audience. It’s very clear that Folklore is Album and Pop Album of The Year and Meghan is Best New Artist, Record of The Year is probably Don’t Start Now and so on. There are other factors but they don’t matter as much. We all knew Billie will sweep, we all knew Adele will sweep, we all knew Kacey’s gonna win, TIA was a small surprise but it was still the 2nd most predicted.

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

If you think objecitvely you know it’s impossible for Jacob to win AOTY since his album is not even close to being in Top 100 album of 2020 for any casual listener and the critics didn’t even bother to review his album. We all know folklore defined 2020 when it comes to the general public, to music fans to critics. It has all it needs and it will be an easy win imo if there are not any other factors we currently don’t see since sometimes Grammys are unpredictable.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

If you think objecitvely you know it’s impossible for Jacob to win AOTY since his album is not even close to being in Top 100 album of 2020 for any casual listener and the critics didn’t even bother to review his album. We all know folklore defined 2020 when it comes to the general public, to music fans to critics. It has all it needs and it will be an easy win imo if there are not any other factors we currently don’t see since sometimes Grammys are unpredictable.

Casual listeners, critics and the general public aren’t the ones voting.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Don’t spend too much time about analyzing the campaign, critic reviews, charts and thinking about stuff like pop/rock/country, votes and Grammy darlings. Just focus on what album/song defined 2020 in US and you’ll get the best objective predictions. Grammys are predictable. When you have 10.000+ voters it matter which songs/albums are the most universally loved and reached the most audience. It’s very clear that Folklore is Album and Pop Album of The Year and Meghan is Best New Artist, Record of The Year is probably Don’t Start Now and so on. There are other factors but they don’t matter as much. We all knew Billie will sweep, we all knew Adele will sweep, we all knew Kacey’s gonna win, TIA was a small surprise but it was still the 2nd most predicted.

Saying that Grammy reward the biggest albums is not exactly true, check out past winners and nominees again. Half of winners in the 2010s were not as popular as most of their co-nominees in the US, including Golden Hours.

Also, remember that Grammy voters have extablished a pattern of not awarding albums with features or many tracks. Last decade, Daft Punk was the only winner with a feature and only Arcade Fire had more than 14 tracks in the standard version.

Additionally, Republic records have a weak Grammy history. Swift’s Grammy momentum diminished on joining Republic after 1989 so I’m not completely sold on Folklore winning. I’m predicting it at the moment but I could switch at the last minute.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think that feature statistic is just a coincidence. I can’t see them seeing collaborations and just immediately not voting for it.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I’m also not certain about why the feature pattern exists, but a correlation between the two seems to exist. Without the feature thing, I still fear many factors are against her if we’re to use a quantitative approach. Folklore seems to be a revival however, that’s why I’m predicting it at the moment.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Even Esperanza Spalding had an album that was a commercial success before she won BNA.

Oh, she did? This is news to me.

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Get real!  Esperanza Spalding did NOT have commercial success.  Her albums are complete flops.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I also believe that what will push Taylor to an AOTY win is the narrative. It’s the quarantine album that actually encapsulates 2020. That’s probably the main reason why I think TS will win. Not even the fact she’s TS even though I’m sure that her name helps.

I don’t think there’s a lot of factors working against her tbh. She has hype, acclaim, commercial success, and narrative. I’m curious to hear these factors against her? The only major factor working against her is her previous wins which is the main reason why someone else would win. In that case, a well respected musician like Jacob could upset. Sure it’s not likely but it is a possible scenario. It’s 2020, crazier things have indeed happened. We can’t underestimate him.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.