Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 729 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cardi
rue
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

I feel like the popular album trope goes with people knowing more pop music than other genre, so they will jump on the bandwagon. (Notice I did not say genre pop albums) Just look at the influx of rap and retro pop songs. Whatever’s Poppin, they will nominate, never underground groundbreaking acts that broke into the scene.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Ok so are performances ever being announced

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Based on previous years, performers should be announced from tomorrow/during the week.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Are they still expecting an in-person ceremony? lol

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

at this point, who the fuck knows

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

they’ll probably have few live moments as its reported there’ll be pre-recorded performances. so everything they tried to avoid with the january date will have to be used anyway in march, making this delay useless as we all knew

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

they’ll probably have few live moments as its reported there’ll be pre-recorded performances. so everything they tried to avoid with the january date will have to be used anyway in march, making this delay useless as we all knew

Yea i STILL don’t understand what the thinking behind the delay was. I mean if they had to scramble to even do a last minute venue change I could maybe understand but their doing it at the SAME place!

Should’ve just done exactly what the Emmys did

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Taylor is winning aoty for sure but not cardigan #1 for soty, I guess GD will never learn…

Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Why does everyone think that every person of each genre votes ONLY for their genre? Yes, it happens generally, but to assume that an entire bloc will go somewhere is just unwise-to say the entire country sect won’t vote for her because she moved from pop is just foolish–folklore is just a good album and regardless of genre, I think she will pull enough votes to win (acclaim, sales, stardom, the PR of having her win for a third time, I mean they obviously set her up for a reason!)

I love seeing everyone’s predictions and can happily disagree about this–just ready for March 14!

Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Can anyone explain what’s the deal behind these archaic voting blocks that everyone uses in their arguments? Why does a pop voter HAVE to vote for a pop album in the general field? Maybe they found the r&b record more credible or maybe they liked the country record more? I feel like a lot of predictions go wrong because of these blocks. They’re ok for estimates I guess but in general… an album’s overall popularity/performance/critical and commercial success is bound to influence more people than it’s given credit for. Esp with the grammys not awarding flops anymore I think more people vote out of their traditional blocks than anyone really takes into account.

This is exactly what I tried to convey but sloppily did–genre voters aren’t bound to their genres.

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Jessica Simpson is this!  Taylor Swift is overhyped every fucking year.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Jessica Simpson is this! Taylor Swift is overhyped every fucking year. YUCK!

Fortunately you under-predicting her every year has counteracted that

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Is there at least a small possibility Taylor does indeed lose AOTY to something random? Imagine if she does lose AOTY. This board would be off the chain! Stranger things have happened, especially in 2020-21.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Is there at least a small possibility Taylor does indeed lose AOTY to something random? Imagine if she does lose AOTY. This board would be off the chain! Stranger things have happened, especially in 2020-21.

Definitely. I’d put her chances at around 75%. A strong favorite but losing wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.