Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 729 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Steve johnson
Jody
rue
  • Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Chile, Dua is no Adele. She’s not sweeping, I’m absolutely sure of it. If she’s winning AOTY, she’s losing somewhere in the general field. Another sweep will not be happening so soon.

Everyone was saying the same thing last year ” billie is not going to totally sweep. She is losing atleast one of the big categories, OTR is winning ROTY.”

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The only threat to Taylor is British. It’s not Dua though

Jacob can upset but dua is a very probable winner. Grammys love people who play the game and I wouldn’t put it past her team to have been in touch with Grammy voters behind the scenes. That combined with Taylor’s masters fight against the industry make it easier for Dua to win aoty. I think this forum underestimates her.

We wouldn’t be having this discussion if those idiots had held the ceremony on time. Hope their ratings are terrible this year.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

OTR was THE biggest hit last decade so that was a v reasonable prediction but lots of people were predicting a Billie sweep anyways. She had a monster era. Future nostalgia isn’t comparable to WWAFAWDWG.

Not monster enough to sweep all 4 big categories.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Taylor’s masters drama can play a huge role here. She is literally going against the industry.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

OTR was THE biggest hit last decade so that was a v reasonable prediction but lots of people were predicting a Billie sweep anyways. She had a monster era. Future nostalgia isn’t comparable to WWAFAWDWG.

That is what we think. Whatever fn lacked in success, it made up in the campaigning department..her team successfully made it look bigger than it was. Otr was one of the largest hits and  lost in favour of a sweep. Voters are lazy. They probably vote for the same person in big 3 categories and Taylor’s lack of roty nomination hurts.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Jody
    Topics:

Dream on, delusional Swifties!  Folklore does NOT deserve to win Album of the Year the most from the nominated albums.  BARF!

Profile picture
    tennesseestellamccartney
    Topics:

I feel like Dua could easily win over Taylor, the amount of campaigning and payola that was put into her very generic album FN, really uplifted her era and made people think it was much more successful than it truly was. They pulled every possible trick to hype her up and to win over voters, from the START Dua’s album was meant to be Grammy voters bait. She played that game well. So her winning AOTY would not surprise me, but disappoint me immensely. In comparison to Folklore or WIMPIII, FN is a simply mediocre album.

Taylor barely promoted or campaigned at all, and you can tell she started out her era not even thinking about Grammys or any commercial success, but as a genuine, true artistic project for quarantine, where she couldn’t stop writing songs. You can tell that by the work and by how invisible she’s been in terms of promotion. She would be such a genuine win, really the most deserving of the year in every sense of the word, Folklore is her magnum opus. It would be historic, it would be beautiful.

However, all that said, I would not be surprised if Taylor lost. That’s the way these things are. Generic industry plants like Dula Peep exist. Now, if someone else wins, then things get a bit more interesting.

Profile picture
    Jody
    Topics:

Honey, total bullshit!  Taylor Swift is very calculating.  That lady is obsessed with winning Album of the Year again.  Swift rushed an album in time for the cut off since she knew Adele was NOT releasing.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Y’all really forgetting Taylor released a whole-ass sister album during final voting. Dua’s campaign was not better than that.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Yeah
    Topics:

I do think Future Nostalgia will pull this through. Though it lacked commercial success and cross-genre appeal, Dua made it feel like a gigantic album during when she campaigned for it. She had various booked shows, appeared on a Netflix documentary and performed different songs there. Though I personally think Folklore deserves the win, Future Nostalgia defined 2020. She was one of the artists who made disco-pop songs and carried the genre. Considering Taylor is literally against the industry norms, I can’t see her winning a third AOTY. I still root for Folklore but I’ll place my bet with FN.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

How exactly did Future Nostalgia define 2020?

Profile picture
    Jody
    Topics:

Honey, hope Folklore (BARF!) is this year’s Lemonade at the Grammys.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.