Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 729 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
15 hours ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lemon
Steve johnson
DaBaby
  • Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Anybody says anything moderately positive about taylor and maxinho gets pressed lol

Profile picture
    astrorep
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure it’s only one person writing the article since it’s a college newspaper. They were very accurate very last year but time will tell if they are consistently right. For now, I’m treating it as just another opinion in this thread.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Anybody says anything moderately positive about taylor and maxinho gets pressed lol

The ignore button is a beautiful thing

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The site predicted aoty winner wrong tho last year😆 They did get the soty/roty right.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Ignore button is for cowards, even that I don’t agree with swifties or any other crazy fan here. I don’t have any of them or anyone in general on ignore, but what can you expect from people that want to impose their opinion on others, but don’t get their way, right?

Profile picture
    Interstella 5555
    Topics:

At this point we will discover the performers only during the ceremony

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

clearly not cuz they didn’t predict taylor to win any of her nominations last year. they predicted 7/9 of the winners correct last year. they were much more accurate than pitchfork and billboard.

Because Taylor had no chance at anything.

Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

Ignore button is for cowards, even that I don’t agree with swifties or any other crazy fan here. I don’t have any of them or anyone in general on ignore, but what can you expect from people that want to impose their opinion on others, but don’t get their way, right?

No this is a community we joined to share mutual love for awards shows and the music/arts industries. Name-calling is childish, take it to stan twitter. Imposing an opinion is different than analyzing critical acclaim, sales and trends to make predictions– you’re the one invading forums and shutting down people who disagree.

If you don’t think Taylor will win, I respect that–that’s the difference between you and other posters. Take the drama OUT of here and let us enjoy the damn forum, especially in a year like this.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

Because Taylor had no chance at anything.

yeah that’s exactly my point. the person i quoted is insinuating that the chronicle article is being written by a swiftie bc they predict taylor to win. I’m saying they’re clearly not or else they would’ve predicted her to win something last year despite having a chance or not, thats what a “swiftie” would do so what’s your point? we all know she wasn’t the frontrunner to win anything last year. no shit. the article predicting taylor to win this year doesn’t mean they’re a swiftie when she IS the frontrunner this year, i’m just pointing that out.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I feel like Dua could easily win over Taylor, the amount of campaigning and payola that was put into her very generic album FN, really uplifted her era and made people think it was much more successful than it truly was. They pulled every possible trick to hype her up and to win over voters, from the START Dua’s album was meant to be Grammy voters bait. She played that game well. So her winning AOTY would not surprise me, but disappoint me immensely. In comparison to Folklore or WIMPIII, FN is a simply mediocre album. Taylor barely promoted or campaigned at all, and you can tell she started out her era not even thinking about Grammys or any commercial success, but as a genuine, true artistic project for quarantine, where she couldn’t stop writing songs. You can tell that by the work and by how invisible she’s been in terms of promotion. She would be such a genuine win, really the most deserving of the year in every sense of the word, Folklore is her magnum opus. It would be historic, it would be beautiful. However, all that said, I would not be surprised if Taylor lost. That’s the way these things are. Generic industry plants like Dula Peep exist. Now, if someone else wins, then things get a bit more interesting.

Tbh, Swift’s life has been so publicised that I almost never believe anything she does is genuine, especially always playing the “it’s me against the world” card.

It’s not a crime to promote your music and optimise for commercial performance, which both Swift and Dua did in their own ways. Its doing so with a rubbish album that I find criminal, and both didn’t do that.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Swift’s life has been so publicised that I almost never believe anything she does isn’t a publicity stunt

Wouldn’t that mean that she wouldn’t have to do publicity stunts? She gets enough publicity by walking out her front door.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Clive Davis “pre-Grammy” Gala has been postponed until May.
    https://deadline.com/2021/02/clive-davis-bells-palsy-grammy-gala-postponed-1234699562/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

Swift’s life has been so publicised that I almost never believe anything she does isn’t a publicity stunt, especially always playing the “it’s me against the world” card.

lmfaoooo are u joking?? her life has been so publicised because she became one of the biggest artists of our time at the age of eighteen. Of course everything she does is going to get publicised. She’s literally become one of the most private celebrities of our times for almost 5 years now. she lives a quiet life away from the spotlight and comes out every now and then to release music with a little bit of prom, then goes back into hiding. if u think an artist of her calibre requires “publicity stunts”, especially at this point in her career you are delusional.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Wouldn’t that mean that she wouldn’t have to do publicity stunts? She gets enough publicity by walking out her front door.

Haha true! Power and fame are fickle though and life itself is stochastic.

Profile picture
    astrorep
    Topics:

Does anyone know how voting for POTY works? I read this on the Grammy website: The top 30 selections from the General Voting Membership in each category (in Producer Of The Year, the top 30 Producers’ entered work — which is usually up to 90 titles) appear on the ballot for the Regional Craft Nominating Committees to vote by confidential ballot to select the five nominations.

Does this mean that that the General Voting Membership votes for specific tracks, and the top 30 tracks get sent to the committees?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.