Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 729 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cardi B
rue
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor is leading in all betting sites, but I would say to be patient with this. It has been a very weird year altogether.

Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

I don’t think this is strictly accurate. From what I remember and a quick Google search, most media outlets wanted a Beyonce win but predicted either an Adele sweep or (oddly enough) Adele / Beyonce splitting the vote and clearing a path for someone else – something I don’t think is completely off the table with this year’s widely-presumed favorites either.

Yup this is right! Multiple media outlets predicted “25” to win including Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Complex, E!, and many others. “25” and “Lemonade” were pretty much both strong front runners that year.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

How is taylor an upset in any capacity geez

For me she is because I believe dua is sweeping/ is in better position to win aoty.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I don’t think this is strictly accurate. From what I remember and a quick Google search, most media outlets wanted a Beyonce win but predicted either an Adele sweep or (oddly enough) Adele / Beyonce splitting the vote and clearing a path for someone else – something I don’t think is completely off the table with this year’s widely-presumed favorites either.

This is right..both were being predicted..the major sites that predict haven’t started rolling in yet for this year. Rolling stones, pitchfork,complex are all pending. Let us see what they predict.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Taylor winning will not be an upset. An upset is when someone other than Taylor or Dua wins

Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

Yup this is right! Multiple media outlets predicted “25” to win including Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Complex, E!, and many others. “25” and “Lemonade” were pretty much both strong front runners that year.

Also…

The only true Album of the Year upsets in recent years were Arcade Fire’s “The Suburbs” beating out Eminem, Daft Punk beating Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Beck’s “Morning Phase” win blocking Beyoncé and Sam Smith.

Even Bruno winning for “24k Magic” was predicted by some publications including Variety, Complex, USA Today, and Pitchfork.

Profile picture
    Topics:

For me she is because I believe dua is sweeping/ is in better position to win aoty.

Taylor doesn’t need to sweep to win AOTY. The 2 times she won AOTY she lost in Record and Song. So your reasoning makes no sense.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Taylor doesn’t need to sweep to win AOTY. The 2 times she won AOTY she lost in Record and Song. So your reasoning makes no sense.

No one in those years won both roty and soty. I think dua is the strongest contender for both these categories this year which will reflect in aoty.

Profile picture
    Topics:

No one in those years won both roty and soty. I think dua is the strongest contender for both these categories this year which will reflect in aoty.

Several artists have won ROTY+SOTY and lost AOTY (Sam Smith, Lady Antebellum, Amy Winehouse, etc.)

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It’s time for an upset. We want a HAIM win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Can happen.The past 2 years have been more or less predicted. This year’s Grammys will most likely have some shocking upsets.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Also… The only true Album of the Year upsets in recent years were Arcade Fire’s “The Suburbs” beating out Eminem, Daft Punk beating Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Beck’s “Morning Phase” win blocking Beyoncé and Sam Smith. Even Bruno winning for “24k Magic” was predicted by some publications including Variety, Complex, USA Today, and Pitchfork.

I too was convinced about Bruno, Daft Punk and Adele 25.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Stream Up From A Dream😃

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Several artists have won ROTY+SOTY and lost AOTY (Sam Smith, Lady Antebellum, Amy Winehouse, etc.)

Have made the argument already but all 3 of them lost to an album of different genre..if dua wins both roty/soty , she will win aoty or lose it to some album that is not from pop genre.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.