Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 729 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cardi B
rue
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

She has a production credit on 7 songs. MTR is entirely self written. This is good enough, this is more than good enough. I don’t really see a problem with it.

I already said it’s great that she‘s doing all of her work by herself. Amazing. But i don’t care if it’s not good. Dua Lipa has limited contributions on her music but if it’s great, i don’t care. I care about the music.

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, Folklore is very bland and uninspired.  I do NOT give a shit if the bitch wrote every damn song on her own.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, no fucking way are Jhené Aiko, Black Pumas, Coldplay, Jacob Collier, Dua Lipa, HAIM, Post Malone, and especially Taylor Swift the best albums of 2020.  BARF!

Profile picture
    folklovermore
    Topics:

Honey, no fucking way are Jhené Aiko, Black Pumas, Coldplay, Jacob Collier, Dua Lipa, HAIM, Post Malone, and especially Taylor Swift the best albums of 2020. BARF!

What would be your personal pick for the eight albums that represent this year?

Also, to call it bland and uninspiring is a matter of personal preference, sure, but what’s undeniable is folklore‘s impact on the industry as she practically penned the “lockdown album” because its entire production ran through during an unusually difficult time. Even new quarantine albums now are following the model that Taylor, Dessner and Antonoff pioneered, and for that, I just believe it has the narrative and the artistry to deserve album of the year. Are we really gonna pretend that club bops are representative of a year of staying indoors?

Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

Your friendly reminder: Dua is gonna sweep thanks to the Albanian Mafia. :*

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + 10 days = Album of the Year loser (YAY!)

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

I think that Taylor will lose SOTY cuz she’s not nominated for ROTY like Dua and Beyoncé.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + 10 days = Album of the Year loser (YAY!)

technically she is a two time album of the year winner sis. But have your fun.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

This is getting ridiculous. 10 days can’t go by fast enough

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Can they at least announce the performers? There is 0 hype about this other than from stans right now

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

Some swifties really need to listen to more music. Folklore is a bland piece of work. The compositions are boring and uncreative. Because she sang on already-made production from Aaron Dessner rather than taking a part in the music and production like she always does, some melodies fall flat and doesn’t fit. It does not take real chances or push boundries like it claims it does. It all feels very try-hard.

I wouldn’t consider myself a Swift fan, but the position that the most acclaimed album in the category (and one that is pretty much equally acclaimed to a lot of the snubs people are listing) that is also the biggest of 2020 by my estimation is the one that doesn’t deserve to be there is an odd one to take.

Profile picture
    Interstella 5555
    Topics:

Has this already been posted?

FLAG ON THE PLAY: Grammy has its biggest nominations mess in years—and a chilling example of its lack of transparency—in the blackballing of The Weeknd by an internal cabal who agreed in theoryto let him do both the Super Bowland the Grammys—then pulled the rug out. Insiders continue buzzing about the legendary call with the NFL, Pepsi, CBS, Roc Nation, Academy reps and the artist’s team, during which it was established that he could do both events. This was followed by perhaps the biggest Grammy fuck-you ever, as he was zeroed out of the nominations. How could this have happened, and why? It’s believed the process was manipulated by people who wanted to see him do the Super Bowl exclusively. How this was achieved—and who else was complicit in it—remains a mystery.

What was the quid pro quo for allowing the deck to be stacked against Abel and Sal? Did the conspirators really believe this would go unnoticed? Explosive on-the-record reporting on this is inevitable, as no denials are issued by the Academy apart from the claim that The Weeknd “didn’t get the votes,” which nobody believes—and is unverifiable.

CBS’ Jack Sussman and producer Ben Winston were undoubtedly blindsided by the episode and would’ve preferred the opportunity to feature The Weeknd prominently, though buzz around the upcoming telecast remains impressively strong.

This is far more appalling than the bullshit we’ve seen in the genre categories, notably from the Nashville chapter, where the nominations continue to be controlled by a small group of insiders who have too many axes to grind and enough conflicts of interest to choke the horse they rode in on. But it’s a larger symptom of the same rot. After endless promises of change, it’s an insult to the entire business, as the cabalists remain under their cloak of secrecy. And who enables all this to happen? Who is the puppet master executing the wishes of the Academy, whose job security is preserved by the secrets he keeps for the powers that be? That would be Chief Awards Officer Bill Freimuth.

Once the Grammys moved to 3/14, of course, the whole tempest in a teapot over scheduling became moot.

Source: https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=325406&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-UNCORKED

Another low for the Grammys. Lmao

Profile picture
    Interstella 5555
    Topics:

You just have to love how we can always count on HDD to call the bullshit on the Grammys and Billboard.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.