Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 729 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cardi B
rue
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Kev
    Topics:

No performers, no spoilers? Cmon GRAMs girl

Profile picture
    Kev
    Topics:

Listen, at the end of the day – The Weeknd is earning millions and living it up somewhere really nice while people are losing loved ones and their jobs. It’s time to get the fuck over it lol

Profile picture
    slh315
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + 10 days = 3x Album of the Year winner (YAY!)

Honey, I agree! Can’t wait!

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The lineup would have been great had they took out Post, Coldplay, Black Pumas and HAIM for:

Brittany Howard, Fiona Apple, Roddy Ricch and Harry Styles.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Listen, at the end of the day – The Weeknd is earning millions and living it up somewhere really nice while people are losing loved ones and their jobs. It’s time to get the fuck over it lol

Then why are any of us on these message boards to begin with? Why don’t we ALL stop bitching or cheering for our favorite artists and simply band together to protest world hunger?

Because this is what the forum is FOR and The Weeknd’s snub is unarguably the BIGGEST overall snub in the past decade. Therefore ors going to warrant plenty of debate and discussion in a MUSIC based message board, especially given that the committee who runs the ceremony in question really hasn’t done much since the nominee announcement to separate or remove themselves from the conversation. They botched the original date, they are withholding performance announcements until seemingly the last minute, there’s literally NO hype surrounding this awards event. Which is why posters are finding increasingly grating ways to downcast Taylor Swift or uplift Jason Collier or even make arguments in support of freaking COLDPLAY.  Because there’s nothing to break the monotony

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Abel deserved his place in GF, regardless of your opinion on his music.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, the Album of the Year line-up would have been great had they took out Taylor Swift.  BARF!

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Taylor Swift winning a third Album of the Year when the best and biggest albums of the year are not even nominated against her is white girl privilege at his finest. She has no merit.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Taylor Swift winning a third Album of the Year when the best and biggest albums of the year are not even nominated against her is white girl privilege at his finest. She has no merit.

Well she had one of the top 3 biggest albums of the year and best is subjective so

I agree there were a lot of big contenders snubbed but dont blame her for it. It’s not her fault they were snubbed.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Well she had one of the top 3 biggest albums of the year and best is subjective so I agree there were a lot of big contenders snubbed but you can’t say she has no merit for it. It’s not her fault they were snubbed.

I know I don’t say it’s hers, but it’s just not really credible I think.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I know I don’t say it’s hers, but it’s just not really credible I think.

I guess that’s fair but I wouldn’t look to Grammy’s in validation towards which music is best. So many phenomenal albums miss each year. It’s a great honor but the show is such a mess at this point that it’s become more of a great thing to have rather than actually meaning something is the absolute best of the year

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

I truly can’t fathom how anyone could see The Weeknd’s complete snub from every category as anything other than a complete embarrassment.

Even if there weren’t any behind the scenes shenanigans, it reflects incredibly poorly on what music the voting body sees as award-worthy and what music it doesn’t (or rather, which artists…).

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.