Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,022 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
plaidshirtvibes
PopGuy
Donnna
  • Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

you’re literally so delusional idk why anyone even bothers to argue with this guy. someone block him off this forum

Go listen to Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Fiona Apple, Phoebe Bridgers for actual great and clever lyrics 😊

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

i disagree with them about cardigan being badly written lyrically but at the end of the day they are just sharing their opinion on the nominees like everybody else does?

ummm all this person talks about is how taylor is shit and isn’t winning anything because she has zero chances etc. like we get it she’s walking home empty-handed, what else?

saying cardigan is a lana del rey rip off is also dumb as fuck because it literally doesn’t sound like any one of her songs. lana does not write like taylor, they’re very different.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

Go listen to Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Fiona Apple, Phoebe Bridgers for actual great and clever lyrics 😊

yeah i’ve listened to all of them and none of them are as good as taylor when it comes to storytelling in songs so now what. i think fiona apple’s lyrics are pretty pretentious and pheobe bridgers is boring as hell so now what?

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

I used to be pretentious and though everything that wasnt Radiohead, Bowie, Dylan, Fiona or Leonard Cohen was basically crap.

Then i grew up.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Since we all agree that FN has stronger singles while Folklore, at the time of voting at least, was a stronger album, why can’t we accept that it’s entirely possible that DSN takes record/song while Folklore takes album?

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

ummm all this person talks about is how taylor is shit and isn’t winning anything because she has zero chances etc. like we get it she’s walking home empty-handed, what else?

saying cardigan is a lana del rey rip off is also dumb as fuck because it literally doesn’t sound like any one of her songs. lana does not write like taylor, they’re very different.

Actually no, I predict her for Pop Duo for Exile which I like.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

Since we all agree that FN has stronger singles while Folklore, at the time of voting at least, was a stronger album, why can’t we accept that it’s entirely possible that DSN takes record/song while Folklore takes album?

my predictions have always been this. everyone keeps on saying how black parade or savage can take home the awards in soty and roty but i’ve never seen that coming. i think don’t start now has always been the biggest lock to win all it’s song categories.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

throwing around the word pretentious to describe taylor swift’s songwriting and then going on to list the same old typical white artists: bob dylan & joni mitchell for “actual clever and great lyrics” is hilarious and ironic because the only thing it tells us is how pretentious YOU are as a music listener.

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

throwing around the word pretentious to describe taylor swift’s songwriting and then going on to list the same old typical white artists: bob dylan & joni mitchell for “actual clever and great lyrics” is hilarious and ironic because the only thing it tells us is how pretentious you are as a music listener.

I don’t think any of these artists wrote as embarrassing lines as “I came back stronger than a 90s trend” or “shade never made anybody less gay”.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Logically it can and should happen but if Dua is strong enough to win 2 gfs she will most likely get the other one too given the pattern of lazy voting over the years.

Or dua taylor split votes in aoty and someone else takes it.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

yeah i’ve listened to all of them and none of them are as good as taylor when it comes to storytelling in songs so now what. i think fiona apple’s lyrics are pretty pretentious and pheobe bridgers is boring as hell so now what?

your lack of taste is mesmerezing. fiona, joni and bob write CIRCLES around taylor.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

I don’t think any of these artists wrote as embarrassing lines as “I came back stronger than a 90s trend” or “shade never made anybody less gay”.

omg yes you’re so right. how embarassing and cringe i could never listen to her ew. how dare she! for those lines alone she should never get another nomination let alone another win. what a pathetic of a songwriter right.

Profile picture
    slh315
    Topics:

Cardigan is so not winning, the fact that people are really predicting it… Grammy voters are lazy and tend to vote for the same thing they voted for ROTY. It has to be huge hit like Thinking Out Loud for a different song to win it. They obviously can’t distinguish the difference. Bad Guy had terrible lyrics yet it won and they even said they didn’t expect it. But the thing that makes me laugh is that you guys think Cardigan has good lyrics 😭 The lyrics are pretentious and the song itself thinks it’s deep and doing something but it just isn’t. A Lana Del Rey rip-off but the lyrics are completely meaningless.

Enjoy watching Taylor win her 3rd AOTY. I know it’ll be soul crushing for you.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

your lack of taste is mesmerezing. fiona, joni and bob write CIRCLES around taylor.

no they don’t lmao. u can argue they’re better lyricists for sure i mean there’s a lot more that are better than her in term of lyricism, but in terms of the storytelling part of songwriting they can’t evoke the same emotion or paint a picture so vividly and powerfully in your head as taylor. also, she’s literally only just begun finding her peak in musicality and songwriting, she’s only 31 and the best is probably yet to come.

now you can argue all u want but taylor is up there as a songwriting great in line with those people already so it’s all down to preference at the end of the day. by the time taylor reaches the age of 50/60 she’ll be hailed as much as bob and joni, that is literally a fact.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Cardigan is so not winning, the fact that people are really predicting it… Grammy voters are lazy and tend to vote for the same thing they voted for ROTY. It has to be huge hit like Thinking Out Loud for a different song to win it.

Thinking Out Loud won because Uptown Funk wasn’t nominated for SOTY due to having a sample, so not even that.

A TRUE split has only happened once, in 1995/1996 I think. Cardigan/DSN don’t count as a true split though since Cardigan isn’t nominated for ROTY, so it’s like Uptown Funk/TOL but reversed.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,022 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.