Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,022 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
plaidshirtvibes
PopGuy
Donnna
  • Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Since we all agree that FN has stronger singles while Folklore, at the time of voting at least, was a stronger album, why can’t we accept that it’s entirely possible that DSN takes record/song while Folklore takes album?

lazy voters

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

I know Taylor is 100% winning AOTY and Pop album but imagine the meltdowns if next week they present Pop album and Pop solo in the pre-show and the only pop category televised on the main show is Pop duo/group. That would be a bad sign for Taylor (like when they presented pop duo for Shallow in the main show because she wasn’t winning ROTY/SOTY).

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I know Taylor is 100% winning AOTY and Pop album but imagine the meltdowns if next week they present Pop album and Pop solo in the pre-show and the only pop category televised on the main show is Pop duo/group. That would be a bad sign for Taylor (like when they presented pop duo for Shallow in the main show because she wasn’t winning ROTY/SOTY).

If anything, having pop album in the main show would be a bad sign for her (and Dua) cause it would mean that they’re expecting a non-pop album to win AOTY since they avoid multiple acceptance speeches if possible.

Pop album in the pre-show would be a good sign for both.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

If anything, having pop album in the main show would be a bad sign for her (and Dua) cause it would mean that they’re expecting a non-pop album to win AOTY since they avoid multiple speeches of possible.

Pop album in the pre-show would be a good sign for both.

But if pop solo is also presented at the pre-show (Dua is the frontrunner there) if would be a good sign for Dua

Last year pop solo was presented at the main show because Lizzo won that and she wasn’t winning anything in the general field.

When they presented a random R&B win for Drunk in Love in 2015 instead of Urban cont album (which she lost against Pharrell) I knew her chances were done for AOTY (my suprise was Beck though because I thought Sam Smith would win AOTY too)

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Best Pop Duo Performance will definitely be televised. They would want BTS fans to bring in some ratings.

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Get real!  Taylor Swift is NOT a good songwriter.  Delusional Swifties are off their rockers.

Profile picture
    bienissimo
    Topics:

some of y’all are really funny. what is being discussed here is AOTY related not singles-related categories. it’s funny watching some of y’all pushing the “the album had HITS” narrative when we should be taking into account the albums as a whole, not just its “singles” that’s supposedly gonna make someone a winner over everybody else in the AOTY category.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Pop categories presented at the main show in the last 10 years:

Pop album:
    2011: Lady Gaga – The Fame Monster (lost AOTY against Arcade Fire)
    2013: Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (not nominated for AOTY, won against AOTY nominees fun)
    2014: Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox (none of the nominees was in AOTY)
    2015: Sam Smith – In the Lonely Hour (lost AOTY against Beck)

Pop solo performance:
    2012: Adele – “Someone like You” (Adele won ROTY/SOTY with a different song)
    2013: Adele – “Set Fire to the Rain” (live) (not nominated in the GF, won against GF nominees Call me maybe and Stronger)
    2014: Lorde – “Royals” (SOTY winner)
    2015: Pharrell Williams – “Happy” (live) (not nominated in the GF, won against SOTY/ROTY winner “Stay with me”)
    2018: Ed Sheeran – “Shape of You” (none of the nominees was in the GF)
    2020: Lizzo – “Truth Hurts” (won against SOTY/ROTY winner “Bad Guy”)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
    2011: Train – “Hey, Soul Sister” (Live) (not nominated in the GF)
    2014: Daft Punk/Pharrell Williams/Nile Rodgers – “Get Lucky” (ROTY Winner)
    2017: Twenty One Pilots – “Stressed Out” (ROTY nominee, lost ROTY against “Hello”)
    2019: Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper – “Shallow” (ROTY/SOTY nominee, lost ROTY/SOTY against “This is America)

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Pop Duo will be televised because of BTS

Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

Since we all agree that FN has stronger singles while Folklore, at the time of voting at least, was a stronger album, why can’t we accept that it’s entirely possible that DSN takes record/song while Folklore takes album?

I think this is very likely! I think if there was an upset in any category it would be song of the year or record of the year. Don’t start now has a good chance winning song, and maybe there will could be a shock in record like the last couple of years. I still could see Megan taking record honestly!

Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

Also, new “expert” prediction has been posted. First since December!

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, I will hurl if Best Pop Duo/Group Performance is televised.  BARF!

Profile picture
    folklovermore
    Topics:

Taylor supremacy >>>

Profile picture
    Folkloric
    Topics:

Page 13

Taylor becoming a 13 times Grammy winner on next Sunday

Yay!

AOTY, BPVA and Best Pop Duo are ours

Profile picture
    Folkloric
    Topics:

Cardigone had a good shot on SOTY as well, I’m betting on it despite the chances to lose

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,022 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.