Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,022 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
plaidshirtvibes
PopGuy
Donnna
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    squirrel0209
    Topics:

https://csusmchronicle.com/21437/a-e/check-out-our-2021-grammy-awards-predictions/

Another prediction for Taylor’s sweep..

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

yes, the talent album by beach house and only them. Yes!

Yes! Beach House the best band of the decade

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Where I’m at with a week to go:

Album Of the Year: Folklore > Djesse Vol. 3 > Future Nostalgia > Everyday Life > Chilombo >  Black Pumas > Women In Music Pt. III > Hollywood’s Bleeding

Folklore is the clear frontrunner here but I’ll say this again; the guy whose picture comes up when you google millennial Mozart is 2nd. I don’t really buy the whole ‘voters won’t know him!!!!!’ thing. He made top 20 with 17k sales so if that doesn’t show how insane the support is for him IDK what will. FN is 3rd because I have Dua winning the song categories. I’d still be shocked if it won. Everyday Life next since Coldplay’s respected. Chilombo has a lot of smaller genres that could support it. Black Pumas afterwards because americana is a weirdly strong branch apparently. Alt album is a straight vote and HAIM missing that has me doubting they can pull an upset (still love the album though). Post losing to Yummy with one of the biggest songs of all time means he’s clearly out.

Record Of The Year: Don’t Start Now > everything i wanted > Black Parade > Savage (Remix) > Say So > Rockstar > Circles > Colors

I feel pretty confident that DSN will win this but goldderbys decision to count out the grammy darling who made history 1 year ago is bizarre to say the least. Billie is the only real threat to Dua in this lineup. Black Parade is getting a lot of love from award shows and is the only real R&B song nominated so maybe that could help it. Savage is being insanely overestimated; only 1 rap song has ever won ROTY. What makes Savage stand out enough to break that trend? Dr. Luke love is a lot stronger than I’d like to admit so I have Say So kind of high. Rockstar was huge but again, rap song bias is insane. Circles, again, lost to Yummy by Justin Bieber. I can’t see Colors winning but I would have it higher had inauguration happened during voting.

Song Of The Year: Don’t Start Now > cardigan > everything i wanted > I Can’t Breathe > Black Parade > Circles > The Box > If The World Was Ending

Torn between DSN and Cardigan honestly. At this point if Single Ladies/Fearless were able to split then I don’t see why DSN and Folklore wouldn’t be able to do the same. I Can’t Breathe should win and I’m rooting for its upset. Black Parade clearly has a lot of strength with how it keeps over-performing at award shows. The last 3 aren’t happening, straight up.

Best New Artist: Phoebe Bridgers > Megan Thee Stallion > Doja Cat > Ingrid Andress > D Smoke > Chika > Kaytranada > Noah Cyrus

Shoutout to anyone who feels confident about this category because I do not. I have Phoebe but I wouldn’t be surprised if Good News gives Megan the win. Doja could also just take the pop vote and win the whole thing too. I’d find it hilarious if someone besides those 3 win but I can’t see it.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    gxbsxs
    Topics:

the way the whole show is build to taylor’s storyline: storytelling through a pandemic/her biggest competition had bigger SONGS not album/ bon iver/ haim in evermore – gasoline remix/ first woman to ever win aoty thrice. yes it’s her again

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Heyjeff723
    Topics:

If she wins or if she doesn’t, she has our support and that’s what really matters. Stop being rude to Swifties and to Taylor. She deserves awards for her acclaimed and commercial successful album. If you don’t agree then you fuck yourself

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Predicting Dua to win. Taylor second most likely. If Jacob was a serious contender, he would have performed I think.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

It would be awkward if the AOTY winner didn’t show up at the ceremony💀

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, for the billionth time, voters will NOT give a shit that Taylor Swift recorded an album during the pandemic.  Only delusional Swifties care.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

It would be awkward if the AOTY winner didn’t show up at the ceremony💀

Just like Gambino didn’t attend to the show when he won ROTY and SOTY but he got solid reasons like losing his father before the show.

I bomb atomically.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Phoebe’s not performing, do y’all think this indicates she’s going home empty handed?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,022 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.