Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 3)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 527 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gerald
DAVEJ82470547
photographista_
  • Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

The Grammy voters don’t care. There were two back-to-back sweeps in 2017 and 2018 and they still made Billie sweep the entire GF just two years later.

The track record is even worse in ROTY/SOTY, which almost always go to the same song/artist if nominated in both, yet the Grammy voters obviously don’t care for that either, because it keeps happening over and over again.

Spreading the wealth is not a very common concept or thought within the Grammy voter community

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Anyways, The Weeknd mentioned a “Too Late” video treatment in his Rolling Stone interview. (No mention of a next single though.) Thus, I’m assuming “Faith” and “Escape from LA” are coming later, since both were mentioned as well.

Good to know he’s definitely here for the campaign.

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

4 sweeps in 5 years, boring as fuck. That’s the main reason I’m not 100% confident that Abel is sweeping.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

2017: Adele – AOTY, ROTY, SOTY 2018: Bruno Mars – AOTY, ROTY, SOTY they don’t care about it.

After Hours for AOTY is just not as strong as these two especially in such a competitive year. Besides Adele will always win

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

If they truly want to prevent a Weeknd sweep, they’d probably block him in SOTY. If that does happen, I really hope H.E.R wins. Realistically I’d expect Post to get it though

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

IMO, award shows like the grammy’s are just the music industry’s way to pat themselves on the back & make themselves feel special.

That being said, according to HDD, less than 500 people voted in the 1st round last year TOTAL for all categories. How do you think this will impact the AOTY race?

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=320020&title=NEAR-TRUTHS:-BLOWING-THE-WHISTLE&redirect=mobile

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

After Hours for AOTY is just not as strong as these two especially in such a competitive year. Besides Adele will always win

I didn’t say After Hours is strong or weak or whatever. The point here is that whenever they can they will give a sweep, regardless of a “boring” telecast or “predictable” conditions. We think too much about GF sweep possibilities, they don’t.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

If they truly want to prevent a Weeknd sweep, they’d probably block him in SOTY. If that does happen, I really hope H.E.R wins. Realistically I’d expect Post to get it though

really? I think his weakest link is AOTY not SOTY

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

500 is very interesting. At this point, an album with 30 collaborators could get in BPVA by just having the collaborators voting for it which is ridiculous.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think Fiona Apple is a lock for an AOTY nomination. Yes, Fiona’s albums always have acclaim, but she never had the most acclaimed album of the year, bar none. And I think she is in great industry standing right now (i.e having three albums voted by industry on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time). There have been mentions about the album by Lady Gaga (same artist who rooted for Beck to win AOTY).

There’s always that possibility of the Grammys not loving the album, but I think voters will take to this album more than her other albums. We’ll see.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

At this point, I’m just waiting for the nominations, cause right now I can only see The Weeknd sweeping.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

At this point, an album with 30 collaborators could get in BPVA by just having the collaborators voting for it which is ridiculous.

Well I guess now we know why No.6 Collaborations Project got nominated last year lol.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

There’s a video going around on social media of this Grammy voter showing the process, and he basically confirmed that it’s all a popularity contest in the first stage due to so many submissions. That’s probably why the Blue Ribbon Panel isn’t going anywhere.

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

At this point, I’m just waiting for the nominations, cause right now I can only see The Weeknd sweeping.

Same, and as much as I love his music, it’s boring to watch the show knowing one person is gonna take home everything, just like this year with Billie.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

The Weeknd will sweep because he’s been incredibly strategic:

The campaigning.
    The promo.
    The longevity.
    Placing his album in Pop.
    Focusing on 1 single the entire era.

He’s likely to tie Bruno with 6 wins in 1 night (ROTY, AOTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, PVA, & Music Video).

Folklore could potentially win Pop Album, but if the GRAMMYS are feeling super lazy, After Hours will win that too.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 527 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.