Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 682 total)
Created
7 days ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
Gerald
  • Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I don’t know why this thread exists when it’s crystal clear that AOTY is between Abel and Fiona.

I doubt that. And also than the thread can be for who will win out of those two. Like huh???

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

What are C×H’s chances of getting a nod? I know they’d never win it but i wonder if a nomination is possible.

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

What are C×H’s chances of getting a nod? I know they’d never win it but i wonder if a nomination is possible.

It depends how they do on Soul Train Awards I think.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

I’m confused. Are you talking about MOS7 or another album? Because MOS7 was received well.

critics and music circles are different people, MOS7 is literally a 56% on AOTY.org

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It would be something else if BTS gets an AOTY nomination. Let’s be real. It’s not impossible. The Grammys are bandwagoners.

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

You guys are reading way too much into this signed cds thing lol. Taylor didn’t invent they and she’s not gonna be the last one to do it. Anyway, have you ever discussed Ariana bundling TU,N with plastic cups, Gaga bundling Chromatica with jockstraps and The Weeknd bundling After Hours with lollipops?

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

critics and music circles are different people, MOS7 is literally a 56% on AOTY.org

….Um what….BTS attracts hate everywhere they go. Please, that 56 number is more so people hating to hate than an actual representation of the album.

Take a look at the reviews and then organize by the worst & you’ll change your tune and see why that number means shit.

Also critics > music circles. I think grammy voters care much more what an established organization say about at album not Mary from down the block. This isn’t rocket science.

This is honestly just a deceptive message on your part.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

You guys are reading way too much into this signed cds thing lol. Taylor didn’t invent they and she’s not gonna be the last one to do it. Anyway, have you ever discussed Ariana bundling TU,N with plastic cups, Gaga bundling Chromatica with jockstraps and The Weeknd bundling After Hours with lollipops?

no bc they are mad that 13 weeks into her album 40k of signed cds are almost sold out (even though they have been on sale multiple times before) cause she has the demand to make it work

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Critics are not better than music circles. Many albums and songs were panned by critics and people love that album. Plus you are forgetting that people actually post reviews on the album, not just people hating on it. Many critics are also out of touch with many of the reviews as well, but that’s not say they are dumb, I think people like different songs and albums from this year. Let’s compare:

Critics Best Reviewed Albums of 2019: Ghosteen & Hidden History of the Human Race

Music Best Reviewed Albums of 2019: IGOR and Titanic Rising 

I can do that for any year mentioned. Music is revolving around music fans and listeners no critics. They influence opinions with their expertise, but they are flawed like a majority of music listeners.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

I think grammy voters care much more what an established organization say about at album not Mary from down the block.

So are also saying that the Grammys don’t care about the general public’s opinions? Well that’s true. If they actually did, Scorpion, 7, Purpose, and Views would not be hated on for being nominated that much, yet many of those albums would sell like crazy. 

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

Critics are not better than music circles. Many albums and songs were panned by critics and people love that album. Plus you are forgetting that people actually post reviews on the album, not just people hating on it. Many critics are also out of touch with many of the reviews as well, but that’s not say they are dumb, I think people like different songs and albums from this year. Let’s compare:

Critics Best Reviewed Albums of 2019: Ghosteen & Hidden History of the Human Race

Music Best Reviewed Albums of 2019: IGOR and Titanic Rising

I can do that for any year mentioned. Music is revolving around music fans and listeners no critics. They influence opinions with their expertise, but they are flawed like a majority of music listeners.

Did you even read what I wrote. There are literally reviews of 0 where people wrote, don’t like kp-op, doing this just to piss off the stans, didn’t even listen to it. There is literally 38 zero reviews. Remove those the rating changes by a lot.

That number 56% needs to be taken with a large grain of salt and is deceptive to use in an argument.

Also, I don’t get the point you are trying to make with the albums you mentioned. They are all critically acclaimed by music critics too.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Thinking about removing Taylor from AOTY and adding Dua. The idea of her being blocked makes more sense everyday tbh.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’m leaving Taylor in for now but I wouldn’t be shocked to see her miss. If she misses then I’m replacing her with Harry (I’m not predicting a pop heavy lineup). Dua has a shot too.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

folklore, Future Nostalgia, Fine Line.

One of those is not getting in (wouldn’t be surprise if two of them missed)

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

So are also saying that the Grammys don’t care about the general public’s opinions? Well that’s true. If they actually did, Scorpion, 7, Purpose, and Views would not be hated on for being nominated that much, yet many of those albums would sell like crazy.

I don’t understand your wording in this argument. What are you trying to say?

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 682 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.