Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 682 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
Gerald
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

There has been at least one rap album every year since 2016.

That is, if you count 7.

Rap is not getting snubbed. It’s the culture right now. We have enough strong contenders to not shut out the genre in AOTY.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Take in there’s a max of 3 people who hate on taylor on this forum and since the rest are mostly swifties you drag the fuuuuck out of one comment and turn 10 pages into defending her. Everyone uses their own gimmicks to chart and she’s using signed CDs, so what, move on. Even if some people think it’s scamming or unfair or whatever who cares. Just like you defensively started blaming others and saying their first weeks were because of tickets or their #1s weren’t organic or whatever, just like Taylor does sometimes.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

In a perfect world, they nominate Pop Smoke in AOTY over Roddy. I think Pop Smoke will take Best Rap Album and yes it’s 80% due to his death. Anybody but Juice Wrld tho.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Starting to think Gaga/Dua/Abel will be the pop acts to get in and folklore and Fine Line will get blocked.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Grammys love a death pandering tribute when it’s possible (for example, Mac Miller wouldn’t win Rap Album over Cardi, but if the category wasn’t strong he would win; while this year Nipsey Hussle won Rap/Sung Performance – and it was shown in the telecast).

His album is extremely successful and he may get some rap votes, but I don’t think this will happen. I can definitely see him in BNA though.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Grammys love a death pandering tribute when it’s possible (for example, Mac Miller wouldn’t win Rap Album over Cardi, but if the category wasn’t strong he would win; while this year Nipsey Hussle won Rap/Sung Performance – and it was shown in the telecast).

His album is extremely successful and he may get some rap votes, but I don’t think this will happen. I can definitely see him in BNA though.

I can more likely see them placing him in Album than BNA because I don’t think The Grammys have ever had a posthumous Best New Artist nominee. They are much more accepting in AOTY.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Is it possible for Post Malone to pull a reversal and be nominated in Pop Album but miss AOTY? I haven’t really read any predictions about that.

It’s what I’m predicting right now. While I feel like Dua will pull a NFR and miss out Pop Album but get in AOTY.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I could see the first situation happening. I keep going back and forth on whether Lil Baby or Post gets into AOTY. Also, I’m sorry but I really don’t see how anyones predicting Dua over Post at this point. He’s in BPVA

I think Dua’s a more traditional pop album and had a lot of hype this year. I have her 5th and Post 6th but I wouldn’t be shocked if both got in and we had 6 noms again.

I currently don’t have Post in AOTY or BPVA but I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets in both or either one.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

It’s what I’m predicting right now. While I feel like Dua will pull a NFR and miss out Pop Album but get in AOTY.

Twitter is going crazy if it happens, oh God….. but I do think we’ll have this genre missing situation again. However, at the same time, I’m starting to believe we’ll have a 6-noms line-up for BPVA so both will enter (Post is the weakest one regardless).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

A radio hits filled album is not missing pop vocal album.
    This is the Hot100 prediction for tomorrow:

Final Predictions (Via @talkofthecharts)

23. “Break My Heart“ (+6)

35. “Don’t Start Now“ (+4) (almost 1 year)

56. “Levitating (DaBaby)“ (+17)

The Dababy remix is added on the tracklist as 12th track.

FN will miss AOTY, but it is not missing pop vocal. NFR is nothing alike in comparison.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Starting to think Gaga/Dua/Abel will be the pop acts to get in and folklore and Fine Line will get blocked.

This is the opposite for me. I really can’t see Dua or Gaga at all, Harry and Taylor are much stronger than them. I currently only have Abel and Taylor in but if Taylor is blocked then Harry gets in. I find it very hard to believe that Gaga is in at all and I also don’t think Dua has enough passion or success behind her.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

A radio hits filled album is not missing pop vocal album. This is the Hot100 prediction for tomorrow: Final Predictions (Via @talkofthecharts) 23. “Break My Heart“ (+6) 35. “Don’t Start Now“ (+4) (almost 1 year) 56. “Levitating (DaBaby)“ (+17) The Dababy remix is added on the tracklist as 12th track.

She added the remix to the tracklist so the album streams would rise and move up a few spots on Spotify Album Charts, nice move.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

She added the remix to the tracklist so the album streams would rise and move up a few spots on Spotify Album Charts, nice move.

It also helps the album on BB200, Halsey added 11 tracks as deluxe and the album went up almost 35 positions.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

A radio hits filled album is not missing pop vocal album.
    This is the Hot100 prediction for tomorrow:

Final Predictions (Via @talkofthecharts)

23. “Break My Heart“ (+6)

35. “Don’t Start Now“ (+4) (almost 1 year)

56. “Levitating (DaBaby)“ (+17)

The Dababy remix is added on the tracklist as 12th track.

FN will miss AOTY, but it is not missing pop vocal. NFR is nothing alike in comparison.

Post has the biggest album of the year and the 12th biggest song of ALL TIME. Levitating is completely irrelevant since it wasn’t charting during voting.
    Like comparing BMH/DSN to Circles/Sunflower is one thing but comparing the BB200 runs of both albums looks even worse.
    Also Dua had a radio hit miss bpsp before. Post managed to get in that year though

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Post has the biggest album of the year and the 12th biggest song of ALL TIME. Levitating is completely irrelevant since it wasn’t charting during voting. Like comparing BMH/DSN to Circles/Sunflower is one thing but comparing the BB200 runs of both albums looks even worse. Also Dua had a radio hit miss bpsp before. Post managed to get in that year though

When Dua Lipa was voted in 2017, New Rules was just getting started in US, the song peaked in February 2018 on the radio, so she didn’t have any radio hits at the time of voting for her debut album.

FYC Grammys 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 682 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.