Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 682 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
Gerald
  • Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

I get it that 80 to 90 percent of people here are stans of weeknd, but please be open if somebody actually criticizes after hours ( or I think im just the first person you said to ignore because im the only one criticizing after hours). I read a lot of posters trashing folklore and fine line and future with no valid reasons here in this thread but yall weeknd stans dont even bother to even tell everybody to ignore those because it fits your narrative.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I get it that 80 to 90 percent of people here are stans of weeknd, but please be open if somebody actually criticizes after hours ( or I think im just the first person you said to ignore because im the only one criticizing after hours). I read a lot of posters trashing folklore and fine line and future with no valid reasons here in this thread but yall weeknd stans dont even bother to even tell everybody to ignore those because it fits your narrative.

We’re here to make predictions, not trash things. I’m not After Hours fan but I’m realistic that he’s likely sweeping 5 Grammy’s next year.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

We’re here to make predictions, not trash things. I’m not After Hours fan but I’m realistic that he’s likely sweeping 5 Grammy’s next year.

Im not trashing it because I hate it, im trashing it because there is a possibility of it not winning AOTY. One of the reasons I think it wont win is that only blinding lights is carrying it. Other tracks are futile and it is not cohesive. If you want I can list down all the things why I think after hours will not possibly win but you all will just tell everyone to ignore me when I do so because Im trashing after hours, and not future or folklore or fine line or fetch

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Literally if I list down all the things why I think folklore, or fetch or fine line or future wont win AOTY, you wont even bother tell everyone to ignore me simply because I did not trash after hours.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Theres literally some comments I made in this forum saying fetch might not be voters pick for AOTY, but fiona stans didn’t tell everyone to ignore me and they state the reason why they think otherwise. I mean our opinion differ here but please respect each opinion. Only weeknd stans cant accept opinions and stans of other artists are open and more objective.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Lol there are no weekend stans here. That’s just whom they are rooting for because they hate Taylor. 😆

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Lol there are no weekend stans here. That’s just whom they are rooting for because they hate Taylor. 😆

you and Gerald make people not like Taylor. there are Weeknd Stans here, and people are rooting for him cause its a solid album and he is talented

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

you and Gerald make people not like Taylor. there are Weeknd Stans here, and people are rooting for him cause its a solid album and he is talented

okay

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    photographista_
    Topics:

Aren’t you guys concerned you’re just overpredicting a sweep next year just because most of you didn’t see it coming with Billie?

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

I think of this as well, because in twitter there’s a few to none weeknd stans, then suddenly majority of the people here are weeknd stans. maybe theyre just stans of other artists who are not even being considered in AOTY this year, and theyre jealous of taylor cause she is one of the frontrunners so they will support the artist with the most chance of winning aside from Taylor, which is the weeknd in this case.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Aren’t you guys concerned you’re just overpredicting a sweep next year just because most of you didn’t see it coming with Billie?

Sweeps are becoming more and more common, especially as Grammy voters are participating less and less in voting. They’re lazy and usually just vote a lot for one artist. It’s sad but true.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Do we? or youre just so spiteful of Taylor, anything we say about Taylor youll just trash her with your innate and passionate hate?

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

that’s an interesting point

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Sweeps are becoming more and more common, especially as Grammy voters are participating less and less in voting. They’re lazy and usually just vote a lot for one artist. It’s sad but true.

I think sweeps are becoming common, because for example if I look at the list of submissions, Ill see a  lot of songs or albums, Ill just focus on a few artists I would like to listen to, and usually a voter will just listen to one album passionately to avoid so much work and effort of listening to others and just look at the songs and album that artist submitted and they will vote it. So, for example, me as a Taylor stan, Ill vote for her in every category. Same as other stans, so sweeps are becoming more common.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Why do people think Harry Styles has industry support? I don’t recall him winning at any relevant award show, and he couldn’t win at the BRITs either, where he was the most popular pick.

I do think he’ll get nominations btw, but I don’t see where or how he has “industry support” (other than the praise from Stevie Nicks).

If someone knows then let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 682 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.