Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 682 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
Gerald
  • Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Why do people think Harry Styles has industry support? I don’t recall him winning at any relevant award show, and he couldn’t win at the BRITs either, where he was the most popular pick. I do think he’ll get nominations btw, but I don’t see where or how he has “industry support” (other than the praise from Stevie Nicks). If someone knows then let me know.

theyre using the rs500 narrative where only fine line was included because it was the only album released during voting period (folk fetch future and fter hours arent released yet by the time)

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

And also, future and fine line have the same level of campaigning thats why people think theyre all locks, but i kind of think those two are locks

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia is in another level of campaigning, have you seen that special squared vynil her label has been sending to grammy voters?

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Why do people think Harry Styles has industry support? I don’t recall him winning at any relevant award show, and he couldn’t win at the BRITs either, where he was the most popular pick.

I do think he’ll get nominations btw, but I don’t see where or how he has “industry support” (other than the praise from Stevie Nicks).

If someone knows then let me know.

That random mention on Rolling Stone’s updated list of 500 Greatest Albums of All Time kinda supports the idea that Harry has support.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia is in another level of campaigning, have you seen that special squared vynil WB has been sending to grammy voters?

Yeah, I mean both of those albums are in another level, and it makes sense cause both of them are really frontrunners. Theyre campaigning more than fetch, folklore and fter hours combined. Its not a bad thing though, as campaigning it will more likely give it more votes

Profile picture
    Topics:

That random mention on Rolling Stone’s updated list of 500 Greatest Albums of All Time kinda supports the idea that Harry has support.

Fair enough, I still think the narrative that he has the industry support is kinda overstated

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Fair enough, I still think the narrative that he has the industry support is kinda overstated

He has little industry support, it’s actually more of his fans hyping him than the industry supporting him. But still he deserves cause his album is good

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

I think this is the ranking of albums (in order) in terms of industry support:

1) Fetch

2) Folklore

3) Future

4) Fine Line

5) Fter Hours

Profile picture
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia is in another level of campaigning, have you seen that special squared vynil her label has been sending to grammy voters?

Meh, obviously there’s been huge campaigning for FN but at the same time, Dua hasn’t done an actual live performance in the US since Fallon in MARCH. She hasn’t done SNL or NPR (whereas Harry has done both). Didn’t perform at the VMAs and isn’t performing at the BBMAs either.

I feel like she could’ve done more to help her chances of getting noms.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Meh, obviously there’s been huge campaigning for FN but at the same time, Dua hasn’t done an actual live performance in the US since Fallon in MARCH. She hasn’t done SNL or NPR (whereas Harry has done both). Didn’t perform at the VMAs and isn’t performing at the BBMAs either. I feel like she could’ve done more to help her chances of getting noms.

Dua, whether she campaigns or not, is a lock in AOTY. She’s campaigning using those materials she’s sending to voters to make her a sure AOTY winner, which she actually deserves.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Dua deserves to win BPVA, her album is the only one from the possible AOTY nominees that can be considered pure pop, but I don’t think she would win AOTY. In any case, she’s not winning any of both.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Only thing that may affect Dua’s AOTY win is that biased article rolling stone published detailing every artist using payola, they don’t even include the weeknd and say that Dua is using payola, which is wrong. But I don’t think the voters will read on that trash biased article by rolling stone. And the narrative that Future is AOTY has been established already a few months after its release so it wont affect dua in any way.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Dua deserves to win BPVA, her album is the only one from the possible AOTY nominees that can be considered pure pop, but I don’t think she would win AOTY. In any case, she’s not winning any of both.

This year a pop album will win AOTY like last year, so if Dua wins bpva, she’ll also win AOTY

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I say The Weeknd will sweep, because that has happen when an artist is nominated in all three GF categories and it’s locked to win at least two, in case of The Weeknd: ROTY and SOTY. In the last decade, that only hasn’t happen when Arcade Fire and Beck won AOTY.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

I say The Weeknd will sweep, because that has happen when an artist is nominated in all three GF categories and it’s locked to win at least two, in case of The Weeknd: ROTY and SOTY. In the last decade, that only hasn’t happen when Arcade Fire and Beck won AOTY.

Taylor was only nominated in all three GF in 2016, but she only got AOTY and didnt sweep. And Taylor doesn’t really have a competition that time. So, for this year, a sweep is not happening as there’s a lot of other great contenders and they will spread the awards.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 682 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.