Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)

2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 758 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
moriahface
mmstry
DAVEJ82470547
  • Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

FTBC is accessible enough to enjoy the album. Fiona has always had a unique way with production in her albums. For me, the lyrics and the production shine so great in it.

and that’s why shameika should get in both ROTY and SOTY; the lyrics and the production work for each other and they shine very well together

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

i think the *only* thing against “after hours” is that it doesn’t look like a full body of work that works as a full successful era, kinda reminds me of how “divide” was just the album that had shape of you in it, nothing more and nothing less.

but maybe that’s not serious AT ALL and i may be stretching a little.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

It can’t be compared to previous ‘alternative’ AOTY winners like Morning Phase and The Suburbs. Those were both very accessible, pleasant albums.

Not to mention Beck had built up years of good will within the Academy. Numerous wins, multiple AOTY nods, accessibility, consistency, & visibility.

Fiona is a critic’s and indie darling. But it doesn’t translate to the GRAMMYs. Much like Björk.

If FTBC is a nominee it’s based solely on the acclaim. But it certainly isn’t winning for many reasons. It may be universally praised but that doesn’t mean it’s accessible.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

btw IMO means in my opinion so in IMO means in in my opinion. But yes I agree

“They are definitely ‘locked in’…IMO”.

A phrase followed by an abbreviated expression. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Not sure what you read. I proof read everything. 😎

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I’ve also thought about this pattern that recent AOTY winners have had… short and sweet with no features. Billie, Kacey, Bruno, Adele, Taylor… ~13 songs or less… are we sure it’s just a coincidence?

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

“They are definitely ‘locked in’…IMO”. A phrase followed by an abbreviated expression. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Not sure what you read. I proof read everything.

yeh sorry my bad.svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’ve also thought about this pattern that recent AOTY winners have had… short and sweet with no features. Billie, Kacey, Bruno, Adele, Taylor… ~13 songs or less… are we sure it’s just a coincidence?

In case anyone’s wondering; Fine Line has 12 tracks. Please stop reaching.

Although, Fiona has 13 so let’s go Fiona Apple supremacy

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’m rooting for folklore to win AOTY, I wanna see and enjoy the meltdown ahhhhhh

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

even w/ 1989 the collab is additional, the og bad blood had no featured

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Are we seriously thinking that Bon Iver will ruin folklore’s chance? You guys are reaching at this point

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

In case anyone’s wondering; Fine Line has 12 tracks. Please stop reaching. 

Yeah, it is short and sweet with no features, isn’t it? So is After Hours, FTBC, The Highwomen, Gaslighter…. need I go on? I know you’re worried about folklore’s long list of fillers hurting its chances but you’re reaching if you think I’m making the case that fine line will win because it’s short.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies:

Should win: Fetch the Bolt Cutters 

Will win because the Grammys cannot fucking award black and indie talent, yet fail to pander towards both groups: Taylor Swift 

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

folklore is NOT winning.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yeah, it is short and sweet with no features, isn’t it? So is After Hours, FTBC, The Highwomen, Gaslighter…. need I go on? I know you’re worried about folklore’s long list of fillers hurting its chances but you’re reaching if you think I’m making the case that fine line will win because it’s short.

I actually don’t think Folklore will even be nominated so where do we go from here?
    Beyond that the actual reasons these albums won:
    Billie: Young woman with an insanely successful album and a smash hit
    Taylor: Again, insanely successful album
    Adele: Sold more copies first week than Fine Line will sell in its first 2 years

Please stop telling other people they’re delusional when you think Highwomen and Gaslighter stand a chance at winning. Thanks!

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I actually don’t think Folklore will even be nominated so where do we go from here? Beyond that the actual reasons these albums won: Billie: Young woman with an insanely successful album and a smash hit Taylor: Again, insanely successful album Adele: Sold more copies first week than Fine Line will sell in its first 2 years Please stop telling other people they’re delusional when you think Highwomen and Gaslighter stand a chance at winning. Thanks!

Find where I said they stood a chance to win. I didn’t even bring up Fine Line in my original post. It was an observation going off of another user who pointed out that recent winners have had no features, which is true. It’s also true that they’ve been short. YOU brought up Fine Line, not me. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 758 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Album of the Year (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.